Mr Trav

IR1 visa petiton filed....a few questions

7 posts in this topic

Hello

I filed (with an agency) my wife's IR1 spousal visa. She is Filipina. A few questions...

1. Are these petitions still processing with the shutdown?

2. I filed and they got it sept 5. What is a good timeframe? I am in New Mexico.

3. As for letters we should have about a dozen or so each by march, is enough?

4. Emails....each about the same by march.

5. QUESTION: I have sent her money for years via xoom. I used her maiden name on there until last year (ID changes take a long time in Philippines) Since then its changed to my last name for all futire transactions. Should USCIS give a problem concerning this or not?

6. I lived abroad for years and recently moved home to USA, opened a new bank account and all my pay is deposited into said account. I still switch money to an old checking account as well. That old account I have not closed for various reasons but my ex wife name still on there. I assume, if they checked, this can be easily explained and not a problem?

thanks

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
21 minutes ago, teachertrav said:

Hello

I filed (with an agency) my wife's IR1 spousal visa. She is Filipina. A few questions...

Yes.  USCIS is fee-funded, not taxpayer funded

2. I filed and they got it sept 5. What is a good timeframe? I am in New Mexico.

Approval probably April(ish)?  Usually 6-8 months

I am not aware of any requirement for letters

or emails.  Evidence of visits are useful, as are a couple of wedding photos and other things that demonstrate time spent together

5. QUESTION: I have sent her money for years via xoom. I used her maiden name on there until last year (ID changes take a long time in Philippines) Since then its changed to my last name for all futire transactions. Should USCIS give a problem concerning this or not?

I believe sending money to one's wife is looked on favorably, not unfavorably, with USCIC

6. I lived abroad for years and recently moved home to USA, opened a new bank account and all my pay is deposited into said account. I still switch money to an old checking account as well. That old account I have not closed for various reasons but my ex wife name still on there. I assume, if they checked, this can be easily explained and not a problem?

I don't see any reason that this bank account would be brought up since you submitted a divorce decree for the previous marriage and documentation for the current marriage with your petition.  If so, and you have to send payments to your ex-wife for some reason (alimony?  child support?) it is common for USCIS to see this and easily explained

thanks

Your answers

1 hour ago, teachertrav said:

Hello

thanks

1) Yes the USCIS is self funded

2) 6-8 months for the petition, then there is the interview

3) what kind of letters?

4) what kind of emails?

5) nope

6) I wouldn't use an account with your ex wife on it.  Either get her taken off, or don't use it and close out your name on the account. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

The emails

30 minutes ago, NikLR said:

1) Yes the USCIS is self funded

2) 6-8 months for the petition, then there is the interview

3) what kind of letters?

4) what kind of emails?

5) nope

6) I wouldn't use an account with your ex wife on it.  Either get her taken off, or don't use it and close out your name on the account. 

Yeah the account is new. opened july 31 here in USA. agency said I need one for all my salary to be deposited into. for record. I have that, just in my name. I also have 2 savings accounts, in my name. He sais that uscis wants 1 year of statements...I said the account is new...cant give that. My other accounts were overseas when I lived abroad, my name only  but almost impossible get those records.

I plan on closing that old account later, not yet though, I sill have many bills attached to it.

Letters and emails are just basic greetings from each other. communication.

my agent said 5-8 months average 10 maximum. 

Ah we didnt submit any emails but they're ok evidence for high fraud or if you're lacking in evidence.  Better than affidavits but not as good as time spent together. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

spousal visas are taking 12-14 months from date of NOA1 to interview abroad right now.  Complete a timeline to get an estimate for NOA2 likely approval date for your service center.  Then there's NVC stage, medical, interview abroad, and this part depends on the country.  Read the guides on VJ and go to your country specific forum for average times for the interview scheduling times.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
14 hours ago, teachertrav said:

The emails

Yeah the account is new. opened july 31 here in USA. agency said I need one for all my salary to be deposited into. for record. I have that, just in my name. I also have 2 savings accounts, in my name. He sais that uscis wants 1 year of statements...I said the account is new...cant give that. My other accounts were overseas when I lived abroad, my name only  but almost impossible get those records.

I plan on closing that old account later, not yet though, I sill have many bills attached to it.

Letters and emails are just basic greetings from each other. communication.

my agent said 5-8 months average 10 maximum. 

12 months of bank statements?  LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.