Chris Duffy

Hong Kong - Layover to and from USA to PI

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, juggy_11 said:

No visa needed as I was only transiting at the time.

Thanks.  

After reading experiences on here and other places, I can say i will never transit a mainland China airport, period.  

YMMV

Just now, payxibka said:

Thanks.  

After reading experiences on here and other places, I can say i will never transit a mainland China airport, period.  

Avoid it if you can. It took forever to transit through PEK, I almost didn't catch my next flight (had to pay those golf cart guys so he could cart me over to my gate quickly). Passport control is so slow and the people there are rude and barely spoke any English.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:33 AM, juggy_11 said:

Avoid it if you can. It took forever to transit through PEK, I almost didn't catch my next flight (had to pay those golf cart guys so he could cart me over to my gate quickly). Passport control is so slow and the people there are rude and barely spoke any English.

Exactly,

Very rude and barely any English spoken

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Hong Kong airport is nice...Very big. As I remember I had a long walk to connect. Great free Wifi.....

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, boris64 said:

Hong Kong airport is nice...Very big. As I remember I had a long walk to connect. Great free Wifi.....

Good WiFi is rare ... Narita's WiFi sucks

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 1/8/2019 at 4:02 AM, Chris Duffy said:

Same here, then when they kicked me out of the country the put on my passport stamp "Revocked"

So why did they kick you out of China again, were you spending to much time in the clubs, trying to court all the ladies, or was it both of those things?

I am looking at flights with Cathay Pacific now out of DC that connect in Hong Kong and a direct flight from there to Davao. I certainly do not want to go through Manila if I can help it. 

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:14 PM, Cyberfx1024 said:

So why did they kick you out of China again, were you spending to much time in the clubs, trying to court all the ladies, or was it both of those things?

It was a mix up on luggage of all things

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:15 PM, Cyberfx1024 said:

I am looking at flights with Cathay Pacific now out of DC that connect in Hong Kong and a direct flight from there to Davao. I certainly do not want to go through Manila if I can help it. 

Interesting, I thought only flight from Singapore went to Davao.  Be nice to fly from HK to Davao if that is your final destination for airports.

6 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Interesting, I thought only flight from Singapore went to Davao.  Be nice to fly from HK to Davao if that is your final destination for airports.

My thoughts exactly... They just opened the route up in November and it goes 4 days a week non-stop from HKG to DVO and back. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

My thoughts exactly... They just opened the route up in November and it goes 4 days a week non-stop from HKG to DVO and back. 

Davao is getting into the big time.   International flights  and their own CFO office (never understood why that wasn't done a decade ago)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

4 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Davao is getting into the big time.   International flights  and their own CFO office (never understood why that wasn't done a decade ago)

I know right. Supposedly Qatar Airways is in talks to start flying there as well. OMG if that happened it would be awesome

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.