refugee

Working without pay during shutdown, more TSA agents are calling in sick

363 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, refugee said:

Tell me

You didn't just compare the noble symbol of the sacrifice of our brothers in arms in the Pacific to an unarmed group of folks waving a flag in Mexico.

No he didn't he displayed an act of presenting the flag as an act of agression, nice try though. And I'm pretty sure those were not Iwo Jima asylum seekers raising said flag. 

Just now, Randyandyuni said:

No he didn't he displayed an act of presenting the flag as an act of agression, nice try though. And I'm pretty sure those were not Iwo Jima asylum seekers raising said flag. 

it is really that simple. I would not if rate it as a nice try, 

Edited by Nature Boy 2.0

2 hours ago, refugee said:

So ever flag waver is an invader.

That would make the Olympics WW3

Not at all what i said. A group of people from another nation who are on your border violently attacking your border patrol agents and military while trying to scale and even tear down your border fence while waving their nation's flag are invaders. Can you finally admit you were wrong about them waving the Honduran flag or are you going to remain in denial about that?

Despite the efforts if Canadian and US drug enforcement fentanyl is pouring accross our northern border.  Will we shut down the government until a wall is built there?

How many illegal aliens enter from Canada?

Unfair accusation. 

Let's open the government with the bill that passed the Senate once , then we can continue to work on solutions. The real experts say (inside the current administration) that a partial fence will work best. 

Once the admin comes back with a blueprint and estimates, we can work on funding.

But after two years, Trump still does not have a plan.

How about we open the government with the bill Congress passed with border funding?

17 minutes ago, refugee said:

Admit that the US is under invasion from Honduras from Mexico?

Question or statement?

Not from the Honduran government or the nation as a whole. But from a group of Hondurans acting independently of their government.

15 minutes ago, refugee said:

The point being, waving a flag is not an act of agresssion.

Waving a flag alone isn't. However coupled with the activities I cited above it certainly is.

5 minutes ago, NikLR said:

I feel like this is turning into Berlin only north and south with a much larger scope.  The cost to patrol this wall goes far beyond the cost to even build it. 

I bet the cost to build and patrol the wall is dwarfed by the $200 billion illegal aliens cost us every year. In fact I bet it would cost less to patrol the border with a physical barrier than without one.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

it is really that simple. I would not if rate it as a nice try, 

Then you tell me what the flag on Iwo Jima means, because it was not an act of agresssion that put that flag up there, they were defending our country and allies.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

It recognizes winning a hotly contested battle, a cresting of momentum for our ground forces, it was a point of national pride, propaganda if you will. The memorial is actually a staged reenactment of an event. Iwo Jima was not a defense, it was an attack on an enemy base.

Timeline
Just now, Randyandyuni said:

It recognizes winning a hotly contested battle, a cresting of momentum for our ground forces, it was a point of national pride, propaganda if you will. The memorial is actually a staged reenactment of an event. Iwo Jima was not a defense, it was an attack on an enemy base.

True about the reenactment, but the US was not an agressor in the war.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Never said they were, they were however quite willing to attack the enemy whenever possible, attack is an agression action.  to think otherwise is pure ignorance. We did not start wwii, but we were aggressive in retaliation

22 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

I bet the cost to build and patrol the wall is dwarfed by the $200 billion illegal aliens cost us every year. In fact I bet it would cost less to patrol the border with a physical barrier than without one.

You get the numbers and lets see how many CBP agents it will take to man this wall after it's built, at the cost of probably $40/hr wage for each of them working no more than 10 hour days, and getting premium pay at night, for overtime, plus on weekends, especially Sundays. 

I'm curious! 

and go! 

BTW if you didn't understand my reference, the Berlin Wall was actually 2 walls with a space between for patrolling 24/7.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Wall

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
Just now, NikLR said:

You get the numbers and lets see how many CBP agents it will take to man this wall after it's built, at the cost of probably $40/hr wage for each of them working no more than 10 hour days, and getting premium pay at night, for overtime, plus on weekends, especially Sundays. 

I'm curious! 

and go! 

Curious minds need to know.!😊😁

Just now, NikLR said:

I'm curious! 

and go! 

I think its pretty safe to say it takes more manpower to properly guard a border that is wide open with no physical barriers than it does to guard a border with a barrier. Are you trying to suggest that a wide open border takes less manpower to guard than a border with a physical barrier. I would like to see the reasoning behind that assertion.

4 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

I think its pretty safe to say it takes more manpower to properly guard a border that is wide open with no physical barriers than it does to guard a border with a barrier. Are you trying to suggest that a wide open border takes less manpower to guard than a border with a physical barrier. I would like to see the reasoning behind that assertion.

I said nothing of the sort.  I said I can imagine that the cost to patrol this wall will go way beyond the cost to build it. 

You are making assumptions based on that, which is your own issue not mine. 

Illegal costs are not just people who arrive without inspection but also those who enter legally and never leave, or those that have children here on tax payers dollars (remember I also pay those taxes, and see nothing back from it as I'm not a USC. )

You're the one spitting out costs.. I want some real numbers here! 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
5 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

I would like to see some reasoning behind your 250 billion cost of illegal immigration.

I would like to see evidence that throwing are money into a plan for a wall or fence or whatever is going to reduce those costs for folks that are here including overstays that flew by plane.

I would like to see evidence that folks will not get around this barrier.

I would like to see my tax return processed, but I won't get it with the government closed. They owe me $394.00.

2 minutes ago, refugee said:

I would like to see some reasoning behind your 250 billion cost of illegal immigration.

I would like to see evidence that throwing are money into a plan for a wall or fence or whatever is going to reduce those costs for folks that are here including overstays that flew by plane.

So how many people are here on overstays who flew here versus those who crossed the southern border illegally? I never claimed a wall would eliminate the problem. I claimed that the $5 billion spent on a wall could easily be recouped from the cost savings for the illegals who couldn't just waltz across our border otherwise.

5 minutes ago, refugee said:

I would like to see evidence that folks will not get around this barrier.

I never claimed it would stop everyone from crossing. However if it stops enough people from crossing to save us at least $5 billion it has served it's purpose as far as saving us money goes.

7 minutes ago, refugee said:

would like to see my tax return processed, but I won't get it with the government closed. They owe me $394.00.

Cant help with you with that. Perhaps you could talk with your tax person about how to adjust your withholdings so you aren't giving the government an interest free loan.

Timeline
1 minute ago, jg121783 said:

So how many people are here on overstays who flew here versus those who crossed the southern border illegally? I never claimed a wall would eliminate the problem. I claimed that the $5 billion spent on a wall could easily be recouped from the cost savings for the illegals who couldn't just waltz across our border otherwise.

I never claimed it would stop everyone from crossing. However if it stops enough people from crossing to save us at least $5 billion it has served it's purpose as far as saving us money goes.

Cant help with you with that. Perhaps you could talk with your tax person about how to adjust your withholdings so you aren't giving the government an interest free loan.

So I will take that as a "I don't know the cost of these immigrants, I don't know what we plan to invest the 5 billion in and one should not have an expectation that the IRS will process their return."

1 hour ago, refugee said:

Then you tell me what the flag on Iwo Jima means, because it was not an act of agresssion that put that flag up there, they were defending our country and allies.

I am pretty sure acts of justified extreme aggresive violance put that flag there. 

IRA Hayes IRA hayes. Call him drunken Ira Hayes he won't answer any more