refugee

Working without pay during shutdown, more TSA agents are calling in sick

363 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, refugee said:

Evidently Honduras is it to win it.

So you are admitting the Olympics reference is specious.  Got it.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

2000 miles or 20 miles, the border still needs to be secured before someone crosses it illegally.

Despite the efforts if Canadian and US drug enforcement fentanyl is pouring accross our northern border.  Will we shut down the government until a wall is built there?

Edited by refugee

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Timeline
1 minute ago, refugee said:

Despite the efforts if Canadian and US drug enforcement fentanyl is pouring accross our northern border.  Will we shut down the government until a wall is built there?

Feels like another deflection.  

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Feels like another deflection.  

Unfair accusation. 

Let's open the government with the bill that passed the Senate once , then we can continue to work on solutions. The real experts say (inside the current administration) that a partial fence will work best. 

Once the admin comes back with a blueprint and estimates, we can work on funding.

But after two years, Trump still does not have a plan.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Timeline
14 minutes ago, refugee said:

Unfair accusation. 

Let's open the government with the bill that passed the Senate once , then we can continue to work on solutions. The real experts say (inside the current administration) that a partial fence will work best. 

Once the admin comes back with a blueprint and estimates, we can work on funding.

But after two years, Trump still does not have a plan.

It is valid.  To my knowledge, Canadians are not storming the Northern border under the red and white Canadian flag.  

So you are proposing status quo which for Washington DC pretty much means kicking the can down the road.  Congress can do whatever it wants, but the Bill still has to be signed by the President, so if they leave out border security funding, I don’t see him signing it.

57 minutes ago, refugee said:

So ever flag waver is an invader.

That would make the Olympics WW3

That's a pretty far jump from what he said.

Most times Olympic athletes are not trying to force the border of another country, most tourist don't wave the home country flag approaching the border, they also don't demand immediate remediation to their transit efforts despite lack of proper identification, nor do they ask to be paid to just go away. But hey it's kind of the same thing so just claim it, someone might believe it

2 hours ago, refugee said:

Israels has had tunnels, refugees are not headed to Hungary, I doubt that they have detered any refugees from getting to Europe. None if these solutions are 2000 miles long.

Or yours for that matter.

Of course not. That did not even make sense ?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Satisfied said:

Not a very awe-inspiring response.  Just admit you were wrong, and move on.  No one gets it right all the time.

Admit that the US is under invasion from Honduras from Mexico?

33 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Of course not. That did not even make sense ?

Question or statement?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Randyandyuni said:

That's a pretty far jump from what he said.

Most times Olympic athletes are not trying to force the border of another country, most tourist don't wave the home country flag approaching the border, they also don't demand immediate remediation to their transit efforts despite lack of proper identification, nor do they ask to be paid to just go away. But hey it's kind of the same thing so just claim it, someone might believe it

The point being, waving a flag is not an act of agresssion.

5 minutes ago, refugee said:

But the other acts are, add in violating border security and assaulting border protection agents and waving the flag while doing it is nationalism.

Edited by Randyandyuni

6 minutes ago, refugee said:

what do you think this symbolized 

image.jpeg.2a5dc5e5c98c9ef680ab776b2edd2907.jpeg

Edited by Nature Boy 2.0

Timeline

So all of this round robin effort deflects from the facts:

The administration has no specific scope or design with cost ranges for the evolving wall project. They have been at it for two years.

The Senate and House have passed spending bills that the President said he would sign, then changed his mind.

The vast majority of the services we are not getting have nothing to do with immigration, the wall, borders or even national security.

While immigration courts are closed, folks are not deported.

Edited by refugee

Timeline
Just now, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

what do you think this symbolized 

U.S. Marines raise the flag atop Mount Suribachi on the Pacific island of Iwo Jima in World War II. (AP Photo/Joe Rosenthal/FILE)

Tell me

You didn't just compare the noble symbol of the sacrifice of our brothers in arms in the Pacific to an unarmed group of folks waving a flag in Mexico.

I feel like this is turning into Berlin only north and south with a much larger scope.  The cost to patrol this wall goes far beyond the cost to even build it. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss