refugee

Working without pay during shutdown, more TSA agents are calling in sick

363 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
7 hours ago, refugee said:

The President says the shutdown will go on for weeks, months or years.  How long will it take before we see attrition?

I think the media should be asking Nancy and Chuck.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

If they aren't getting paid then they can't pay bills, and a promise of back pay eventually whenever doesn't really help when the you need cash now.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvUcn6ZRQDxUItw5cBuMx

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

I think the media should be asking Nancy and Chuck.

Nancy passed a spending bill, we should be asking Mitch.

52 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvUcn6ZRQDxUItw5cBuMx

How long would you work without a paycheck?

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Timeline
11 hours ago, jg121783 said:

The TSA hires the people that McDonald's rejects. Both times flying to the Philippines I found them to be extremely rude and unprofessional. One time there was a Chinese man ahead of me in the screening line who had a hard time with English. The TSA agent was demeaning towards him and insulting him in front of everyone for not being able to speak English. Then it was my turn. I was carrying two laptops (taking one to my wife) and forgot to remove one of them from the bag at the xray machine. I get through the screening and a TSA supervisor was standing there holding my laptop very angrily asking who's it was. I told him it was mine and he flipped out on me. Like I said very rude and unprofessional.

Contrast that with the communist Chinese security at the Hong Kong airport who were professional and polite towards everyone. Same goes for the security at the airport in the Philippines. In fact everywhere I went in the Philippines the security people were very polite. One time in a mall one of them even helped my wife and I carry our bags (funny sight seeing a security guard carrying an M16 helping us with our bags). It's pretty sad that security personnel in a communist nation and a third world nation are more professional than our TSA. I say when the government reopens leave the TSA permanently shut down.

Okay so your answer is to eliminate TSA, can the President sign the CR then?

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Timeline
32 minutes ago, refugee said:

Nancy passed a spending bill, we should be asking Mitch.

There is a bill in the Senate that includes funding for border security.  Seems like the ballistic in Chuck’s court.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Bill & Katya said:

There is a bill in the Senate that includes funding for border security.  Seems like the ballistic in Chuck’s court.

Is that bill passing in the house?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, refugee said:

why, you hiring?   :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

why, you hiring?   :hehe:

If you are working for free..

3 hours ago, refugee said:

Okay so your answer is to eliminate TSA, can the President sign the CR then?

That last sentence in my post wasn't meant to be taken seriously. However based on the last two times I flew I see room for improvement and major restructuring. I have not flown since Trump took office so I am unaware of how bad the TSA currently is but Trump should start by tightening the requirements to be hired and do more extensive training. Of course more qualified, well trained and professional agents would require a higher salary so raising their pay a bit might be something we would have to do. Currently the TSA is not professional or polite and they aren't even effective. Contrast that with the customs agents I dealt with when I returned home. They are more highly trained and qualified. They are generally more courteous and professional. And they are generally effective at performing their duties. In short some major changes need to be made to the TSA in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

1 hour ago, refugee said:

A similar bill already passed the house before the democrats took over. It's not to hard to reintroduce it and get it through the house and to the president to end the shutdown. The ball is in the court of the house democrats right now. They can end the shutdown or they can continue it.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Timeline
1 hour ago, refugee said:

Already passed the House, and to my knowledge still a valid Bill. They can always discard it and vote on what Nancy and the Dems put forth that is lacking in border security.  I guess the Democrat Party is the Party of Open borders.

As far as the TSA quality of hires, I noticed in Columbus, they just hired the same People that had worked For the private screening agents that had been deemed inadequate causing the TSA to come into existence, I see no added value at least in my local airport

Timeline
9 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

That last sentence in my post wasn't meant to be taken seriously. However based on the last two times I flew I see room for improvement and major restructuring. I have not flown since Trump took office so I am unaware of how bad the TSA currently is but Trump should start by tightening the requirements to be hired and do more extensive training. Of course more qualified, well trained and professional agents would require a higher salary so raising their pay a bit might be something we would have to do. Currently the TSA is not professional or polite and they aren't even effective. Contrast that with the customs agents I dealt with when I returned home. They are more highly trained and qualified. They are generally more courteous and professional. And they are generally effective at performing their duties. In short some major changes need to be made to the TSA in my opinion.

A similar bill already passed the house before the democrats took over. It's not to hard to reintroduce it and get it through the house and to the president to end the shutdown. The ball is in the court of the house democrats right now. They can end the shutdown or they can continue it.

Wait, when the Republicans had the Senate and House they passed both bills, why didn't the President sign the Republican bills?

I went through Chicago and it seemed like they were either on some weird power trip barking commands at everyone or had an IQ below room temperature. Hopefully it will be different when we fly to the Philippines this summer.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

1 minute ago, jg121783 said:

I went through Chicago and it seemed like they were either on some weird power trip barking commands at everyone or had an IQ below room temperature. Hopefully it will be different when we fly to the Philippines this summer.

We are going in April, I'll let you know