bestluck

Guys I am surprise and nervous help ! N-400 Online

30 posts in this topic

They scheduled my interview next month look it up my case update I file online at Dec 10 , 2019,  Biometric done at 2 2019 and Interview coming on next month wow , can anyone please explained that same thing happen to anyone ? please let me know i am very surprise and nervous right now  
Estimated case completion time

January 2020 (12 months) 

January 3, 2019 scheduled your interview
January 2, 2019 reviewed your biometrics
December 15, 2018 scheduled your biometrics appointment
December 10, 2018 received your application
Edited by bestluck

Well look it up my history background been married to us citizen more them 11 years and apply under 3 years rules and been in states for more them 4 years so maybe its just cos of that i am not sure but i am waiting for mail letter right now , i hope this is true i cant wait but meanwhile i am nervous too 

thanks for quick replay 

3 minutes ago, bestluck said:

Well look it up my history background been married to us citizen more them 11 years and apply under 3 years rules and been in states for more them 4 years so maybe its just cos of that i am not sure but i am waiting for mail letter right now , i hope this is true i cant wait but meanwhile i am nervous too 

thanks for quick replay 

Congratulations! Did you file online or did you mail a paper application? If it's online you might see a letter as a pdf

Start studying :D

https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/learners/study-test/study-materials-civics-test

1 minute ago, little immigrant said:

Congratulations! Did you file online or did you mail a paper application? If it's online you might see a letter as a pdf

Start studying :D

https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/learners/study-test/study-materials-civics-test

Yes I got Pdf letter show online for my interview and i did file online at Dec 10 2018 

Thank you 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, bestluck said:
They scheduled my interview next month look it up my case update I file online at Dec 10 , 2019,  Biometric done at 2 2019 and Interview coming on next month wow , can anyone please explained that same thing happen to anyone ? please let me know i am very surprise and nervous right now  

January 2020 (12 months) 

Can it happen that quickly?  Sure---my case took only 74 days (roughly 2.5 months) from the date of filing to date of interview.  I filed online as well, you can check my timeline in my signature below.

Good luck at your interview!

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: Timeline
7 hours ago, bestluck said:

January 2020 (12 months) 

Congratulations!!! Months of uncertainty after biometrics immediately gone! Best wishes on your interview. The JAX IO may/may not ask of you but he did ask me for all my expired passports. He did not look through them though.

2 hours ago, xyz12345 said:

Congratulations!!! Months of uncertainty after biometrics immediately gone! Best wishes on your interview. The JAX IO may/may not ask of you but he did ask me for all my expired passports. He did not look through them though.

can you give me some tips or more information about your interview how was your experiences at Jax office Please , I am doing there next month for my Interview , can you give little details about your interview please ,

Thank you so much 

6 hours ago, Going through said:

Can it happen that quickly?  Sure---my case took only 74 days (roughly 2.5 months) from the date of filing to date of interview.  I filed online as well, you can check my timeline in my signature below.

Good luck at your interview!

Thank you so much , I am so stress and nervous  right now 

Filed: Timeline
8 hours ago, bestluck said:

can you give me some tips or more information about your interview how was your experiences at Jax office Please , I am doing there next month for my Interview , can you give little details about your interview please ,

All can say that in general, my N-400 (5-yr based) interview experience is similar to other to other experiences I've read in this forum. IO is always nice. We did the civics test first. The reading and writing tests were done on a tablet that is vertically mounted. Don't worry, the IO will speak slowly. We then went through the application. Great advice I got from this forum is to check/memorize my application before the interview. All signatures are done on that vertically mounted tablet which can be a little bit awkward in writing. In the end, the IO will give you a form N-652 showing whether you've been recommended for approval or decision cannot be made.

Here are my personal suggestions though:

1) Don't forget to ask the IO a potential timeline for the oath ceremony/oath letter if you get a recommendation for approval. The 2019 Naturalization Calendar for the Northern/Middle District of Florida is already available online so you will have an idea of potential oath taking dates.

2) As soon as you leave the building, check your online USCIS account to see new updates on your case history. 'You have attended your interview.' and 'We approved your application' were added that same day but there were no notifications for them. All I saw was an app update from the USCIS case online status saying 'My case was submitted for Quality review based on an Approval recommendation' that same day too. I wish that they also put time stamps on these updates so I would know which came first. I guess my case should have been done with quality review if 'We approved' but then again they're both on the same day. Confusing to me.

I think I was mainly anxious in the waiting room when I saw other applicants, a lawyer and thick binders.

fyi I have no clue on marriage-based applications and interviews, but I hope the above helps you in one way or another. Congratulations! You're in the fast Jax N-400 group! Best wishes on your interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well your field office is one of the few that processing is just pretty fast. 4.5 to 15.5 months. Compared to my City Houston 17 to 20.5 months. So for you not Bad congratulations. :)

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
16 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

Well your field office is one of the few that processing is just pretty fast. 4.5 to 15.5 months. Compared to my City Houston 17 to 20.5 months. So for you not Bad congratulations. :)

The processing ranges are based on past processing timelines.  In other words, it's based on historical data so hopefully there will be improvement.  The first number is the range represents when they expect 50% of the applications to have been completed.  The second number in the range represents when they expect 93% of the applications to have been completed.   

Edited by gregcrs2

That is really great for you. Congrats!!

Marriage based application seems to be processed faster, but your case looks very impressive.

When you first submitted N400, what was your estimated completion time on USCIS application page?

Was there any change after you got your interview date etc?

Mine was 14 months..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guinea
Timeline

Congratulations!! You're a very lucky person. Waiting for the interview date is arguably the worst part of the process for most people.

Citizenship Journey:

(Month 1)-   N-400 sent: 12/20/17

(Month 2)-   Fingerprints: 01/11/18

(Month 8)-   Interview: 07/30/18

(Month 9)-   Oath Ceremony: 08/23/18

Officially a U.S. Citizen!

9 hours ago, skim0806 said:

That is really great for you. Congrats!!

Marriage based application seems to be processed faster, but your case looks very impressive.

When you first submitted N400, what was your estimated completion time on USCIS application page?

Was there any change after you got your interview date etc?

Mine was 14 months..

I submitted at Dec 10 2018 , i did it online and nothing changed since now and waiting for letter in mail but its show up in tab documents online my interview letter 

Thank you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.