Moosker

Naturalization Interview, pending approval, two A numbers

4 posts in this topic

Well this is odd....after ten years of being married, I finally got around to applying for my naturalization. I applied January 2018, and had my interview today.

I passed all the testing (yay!), but the officer said it was pending approval due to the fact that I have TWO A numbers to my name. That was a surprise! I came home and started digging through all my old USCIS notice of actions throughout the years. Turns out, when we did the I-129 and the I-130, all the A numbers were the same, but as soon as I did my interview in Montreal, and crossed the border, the document I received had a new A number.

Anyone else have this situation?!? I hope they can resolve it quickly.... 😕

***Removing Conditions***

Submitted I-751: March 4, 2011

Check cashed: March 10, 2011

NOA1: March 8, 2011

Biometrics Appt: April 21, 2011

Early Bio Walk-in: April 7, 2011

Approved: September 7, 2011

14 minutes ago, little immigrant said:

Quite interesting although I haven't seen this situation. I'm sure it was USCIS error and they need to fix it. The A number will be printed on your naturalization certificate. Is the number similar to the first or is it totally different? 

Please keep us updated.

Oddly enough, I never noticed it. When my two year PR green card was approved and I crossed the border, the notice of action had a completely different A number than all the others. That's been the number all my biometrics appointments, etc has come in. I've been on a ten year green card since then, and it has the same number. Part of me wonders if it's because I was on an OPT visa before we got married (in my maiden name also.)

Some Google searches show it's fairly common...so here's hoping there isn't a huge delay! :)

***Removing Conditions***

Submitted I-751: March 4, 2011

Check cashed: March 10, 2011

NOA1: March 8, 2011

Biometrics Appt: April 21, 2011

Early Bio Walk-in: April 7, 2011

Approved: September 7, 2011

I've heard of it happening before, but it's not exactly common. They have to consolidate the case files and get them merged under a single alien number, and that takes a little bit of time. I can't imagine this will be something that adds months to your process.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.