Vicky12

A year of delay for a GC and problems with marriage. Please help!

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Vicky12 said:

And that’s the thing. Everything was perfect and suddenly she changed her mind. The last time IO at the InfoPass tried to get her to talk to me (I mean 6 InfoPasses and no result), and she refused to. Her answer was “pending reviewing”. By the way, is there any possibility he’s doing something behind my back that I don’t know about so the case is just sitting there? As I know, there would be some actions if he was trying to pull the case out or something like that.

You need to sit down with your husband and have a serious talk. 

There is no obvious reason for your case to sit that long after a completed interview, especially if they have not asked for anything else from you.  Did you get an EAD card?  Travel document (AP?)  What exactly is your status today?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, JJ89 said:

Did you think about marriage counseling before calling it quits? Maybe speak to him about how you feel if you have not done so already. I would exhaust all methods before throwing in the towel. That is if you have not done so already. 

Yes we talked. Since that he started threatening me by sending back to Ukraine. When somebody makes your life miserable, not letting you get a medical insurance or a drivers license just because “I said so” and says “if you don’t like something, you better go back to your country”. I mean... it’s not fixable. It’s just different person facing you now that you have to run away from, I don’t see any other options

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nitas_man said:

You need to sit down with your husband and have a serious talk. 

There is no obvious reason for your case to sit that long after a completed interview, especially if they have not asked for anything else from you.  Did you get an EAD card?  Travel document (AP?)  What exactly is your status today?

Yes, I have EAD and it’ll expire in couple weeks. I applied for a new one. We didn’t apply for AP though. And my status is C-09

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Vicky12 said:

Yes, I have EAD and it’ll expire in couple weeks. I applied for a new one. We didn’t apply for AP though. And my status is C-09

C-09 is work authorization pending adjustment of status

When did you apply for EAD renewal?  Did they already do biometrics?

Edited by Nitas_man

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

C-09 is work authorization pending adjustment of status

When did you apply for EAD renewal?  Did they already do biometrics?

I don’t know my status then... pending I-485? I applied a month ago, they sent me a submitting letter where it said that new biometrics no need to be done, they will use my previous 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Vicky12 said:

wI don’t know my status then... pending I-485? I applied a month ago, they sent me a submitting letter where it said that new biometrics no need to be done, they will use my previous 

Your status C-09 is work authorized pending AOS.  Your AOS case is definitely still open.  Probably hung up on a desk somewhere.  Best of luck!

Edited by Nitas_man

Timeline
1 minute ago, Nitas_man said:

Your status C-09 is work authorized pending AOS.  Your AOS case is definitely still open.  Probably hung up on a desk somewhere.  Best of luck!

Thank you!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, Vicky12 said:

I didn’t contact them yet. I’m afraid they will do more checking about our case. I’m worrying that it might make my situation worse... let me know if I’m wrong. Also, after I contact senator, they’re going to open an investigation, so it might take a lot of time too? Thank you.

Uscis usually  answers the congressperson within  72 hours.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Vicky12 said:

Yes we talked. Since that he started threatening me by sending back to Ukraine. When somebody makes your life miserable, not letting you get a medical insurance or a drivers license just because “I said so” and says “if you don’t like something, you better go back to your country”. I mean... it’s not fixable. It’s just different person facing you now that you have to run away from, I don’t see any other options

He cannot deport you.  Only the US government can do that.  And he can only make your life miserable if you let him.  Stay positive, take control, you can do this.  You have received some excellent advice here.  VJ members are here to help you and to support you through this process.  If you want to stay, there are ways you can do it and hopefully it will work out for you.  Save all documents, protect yourself, your finances, save evidence of conversations.  If you decide to proceed with a divorce, get the best attorney you can, shop around and interview them to find someone you can trust and feel comfortable with.  Think rationally, don't let your emotions get in the way, as hard as that may be sometimes in situations where a relationship does not work out.  Good luck to you!  We here on VJ are cheering for you.

Timeline
46 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

He cannot deport you.  Only the US government can do that.  And he can only make your life miserable if you let him.  Stay positive, take control, you can do this.  You have received some excellent advice here.  VJ members are here to help you and to support you through this process.  If you want to stay, there are ways you can do it and hopefully it will work out for you.  Save all documents, protect yourself, your finances, save evidence of conversations.  If you decide to proceed with a divorce, get the best attorney you can, shop around and interview them to find someone you can trust and feel comfortable with.  Think rationally, don't let your emotions get in the way, as hard as that may be sometimes in situations where a relationship does not work out.  Good luck to you!  We here on VJ are cheering for you.

Thank you!!! I appreciate your support a lot! Probably the next step is to contact Congressman. I will keep you updated 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Vicky12 said:

Thank you!!! I appreciate your support a lot! Probably the next step is to contact Congressman. I will keep you updated 

You have 2 senators and one congressman. I would contact all of them. Why? Some are good and responsive, some are bad and do not respond. I speak from experience.... 

Good luck!

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Timeline
35 minutes ago, usmsbow said:

You have 2 senators and one congressman. I would contact all of them. Why? Some are good and responsive, some are bad and do not respond. I speak from experience.... 

Good luck!

Thanks a lot!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.