Benny84

Bringing my wife to the US

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So I put in my i130 in May and adjusted my status as a US Citizen in June, also I have been serving in the Military for over two years now, my question is, is there anyway I can bring my wife over pending her application? She’s also having a baby next week.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Benny84 said:

So I put in my i130 in May and adjusted my status as a US Citizen in June, also I have been serving in the Military for over two years now, my question is, is there anyway I can bring my wife over pending her application? She’s also having a baby next week.

so you are now a USC, and you put in an application for I-130 for your wife as a LPR, you can send information to update your status to USC that will help push the timeline up a little.

unless you have military orders there is no reason for an expedite, and depending on the country average time for USC to bring spouse is 12-14 months for LPR you looking at 24+ months, so I would update your status to USC soon.

if she can apply for a B2 or has esta she can come to visit, but being allowed into US is that of the CBP to allow her in or not.

sorry there is no fast or easy way for this process.

congrats on the new baby.

8 minutes ago, Benny84 said:

Did you update your wife's petition when you became a USC? 

You will not be able to expedite your wife's petition unless you have orders to be deployed because they do ask for those. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Also keep in mind, you will likely need a petition for your baby

Congratulations 

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

9 minutes ago, Kastrs said:

Also keep in mind, you will likely need a petition for your baby

Congratulations 

Depending on how much physical presence in the US the OP has, the child could derive citizenship at birth. Then they just need a CRBA + passport instead.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Did you update your wife's petition when you became a USC? 

You will not be able to expedite your wife's petition unless you have orders to be deployed because they do ask for those. 

Yes I did already 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Depending on how much physical presence in the US the OP has, the child could derive citizenship at birth. Then they just need a CRBA + passport instead.

right, I was just thinking that since OP recently obtained citizenship it is probable that he might need to file, just something for the OP to look into

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

so you are now a USC, and you put in an application for I-130 for your wife as a LPR, you can send information to update your status to USC that will help push the timeline up a little.

unless you have military orders there is no reason for an expedite, and depending on the country average time for USC to bring spouse is 12-14 months for LPR you looking at 24+ months, so I would update your status to USC soon.

if she can apply for a B2 or has esta she can come to visit, but being allowed into US is that of the CBP to allow her in or not.

sorry there is no fast or easy way for this process.

congrats on the new baby.

She did apply for a visiting visa 3 times already but she was denied, but that was before I became a USC

She did apply for a visiting visa 3 times already but she was denied, but that was before I became a USC

What country is she from?

Congrats in your upcoming newborn. Tough situation to be in. Unfortunately, it may be tough for your wife to make it here anytime soon.

Best of luck to you.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Benny84 said:

Your becoming a citizen will not make it more likely for her to receive a visa.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Benny84 said:

if she was denied before you became a USC trying again is less likely than before, as she now have complete immigration intent.

it will likely be another year before your wife is here, patience is the only thing you can have now, unless you get deployment orders to ask for expedite.

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

if she was denied before you became a USC trying again is less likely than before, as she now have complete immigration intent.

it will likely be another year before your wife is here, patience is the only thing you can have now, unless you get deployment orders to ask for expedite.

Do you think a letter from a congressman will do any good?

Timeline

Do you think a letter from a congressman will do any good?

really you are in the early stages, congressman likely will not do anything unless you are out of processing time, you are welcome to try it.

it took 8 months for my approval and after case completed NVC another 3 months for interview date, just be patient I know it sucks but it is a process and really unless you have a valid reason its not going to move faster just because you contacted a congressman.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.