Savan

NVC rejected W2, need help

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

NVC just rejected joint sponsor’s W2 for 2017. I didn’t sumbit for  his wife wince she doesn’t work. This is what they emailed me;

Please submit every Form W-2 for joint sponsor and Spouse's tax return for 2017.

Need advise, please.

3 hours ago, Savan said:

NVC just rejected joint sponsor’s W2 for 2017. I didn’t sumbit for  his wife wince she doesn’t work. This is what they emailed me;

Please submit every Form W-2 for joint sponsor and Spouse's tax return for 2017.

Need advise, please.

Did you submit any tax return?

So you submitted his entire tax return? All schedules etc? The alternative is a tax return transcript (which is preferred.)

~~moved to process and procedures from progress reports ~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
11 minutes ago, NikLR said:

So you submitted his entire tax return? All schedules etc? The alternative is a tax return transcript (which is preferred.)

~~moved to process and procedures from progress reports ~~

Thats what i sumbitted tax transcript and w2, not tax return. I sumbitted 3 years of my joint sponsors tax transcript them they ask for w2 for 2017 so i sumbit that now that rejected. 

Edited by Savan
Extra info

Timeline

this is what they said: Please submit every Form W-2 for joint soonsor and Spouse's tax return for 2017.

Does this mean i need w2 for every year? And tax return from spouse? Because his spouse doesn’t work.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Savan said:

this is what they said: Please submit every Form W-2 for joint soonsor and Spouse's tax return for 2017.

Does this mean i need w2 for every year? And tax return from spouse? Because his spouse doesn’t work.

There must be a mismatch in the gross income.  Ask your joint sponsor for all of the tax return attachments (W2, 1099, ???) until the income on the tax return matches with the documentation of earnings / sources of earnings.

1 hour ago, Savan said:

Thats what i sumbitted tax transcript and w2, not tax return. I sumbitted 3 years of my joint sponsors tax transcript them they ask for w2 for 2017 so i sumbit that now that rejected. 

Well then you submitted an incomplete tax return.

You either submit the tax return transcript OR the entire tax return.  If they asked for the w2 for 2017 then submit the entire tax return for 2017. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
12 hours ago, Savan said:

Need advise, please.

hi savan maybe i can help you in this , i had same problem my joint sponsor fill tax jointly with his wife so income tax return is more than W2 2017 so it does not much, your joint sponsor has to explain in letter that he is using his income only to sponsor you not his wife, if wife working attach w2 2017 with the letter, good luck....

Edited by abdo1

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, abdo1 said:

hi savan maybe i can help you in this , i had same problem my joint sponsor fill tax jointly with his wife so income tax return is more than W2 2017 so it does not much, your joint sponsor has to explain in letter that he is using his income only to sponsor you not his wife, if wife working attach w2 2017 with the letter, good luck....

The wife doesn't have income.  As has been explained earlier.  They would ask for this if the earnings on the tax return don't match up with the W2 and/or 1099 forms submitted WITH the tax return.  Submitting a complete tax return would include all forms, schedules, W2 and 1099's.  Submit that, or submit a "tax return transcript" instead.  If you think you already did it correctly and the numbers DO match, call NVC and talk to them about it.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

1) I only file i864 for joint sponsor this should mean that im only using his income correct? Or do i have to file i864A to let them know that his wife doesnt work? Or should i sumbit a letter stating she doesn’t work?

2) I’ve sumbiy sponsor’s 3 years of tax transcripts, do they only want 2017 w2?

3) i notice difference in 2017 tax transcript and w2 for sponsor.

4) should i now sumbit all 3 years of tax return for sponsor?

Timeline
14 hours ago, Savan said:

1) I only file i864 for joint sponsor this should mean that im only using his income correct? Or do i have to file i864A to let them know that his wife doesnt work? Or should i sumbit a letter stating she doesn’t work?

2) I’ve sumbiy sponsor’s 3 years of tax transcripts, do they only want 2017 w2?

3) i notice difference in 2017 tax transcript and w2 for sponsor.

4) should i now sumbit all 3 years of tax return for sponsor?

Submit an I-864a from the joint tax filing spouse.  Just do it.  Then follow the other advice I already gave.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
21 hours ago, pushbrk said:

The wife doesn't have income.  As has been explained earlier.  They would ask for this if the earnings on the tax return don't match up with the W2 and/or 1099 forms submitted WITH the tax return.  Submitting a complete tax return would include all forms, schedules, W2 and 1099's.  Submit that, or submit a "tax return transcript" instead.  If you think you already did it correctly and the numbers DO match, call NVC and talk to them about it.

in my case the wife of my joint sponsor is working so we attached her  W2 and explanation letter showing the difference between his tax return and W2 for 2017, because they fill jointly he stated that he is only using his income to sponsor me not the wife...

Timeline
1 hour ago, abdo1 said:

in my case the wife of my joint sponsor is working so we attached her  W2 and explanation letter showing the difference between his tax return and W2 for 2017, because they fill jointly he stated that he is only using his income to sponsor me not the wife...

The issue is not which person's income is being used.  It doesn't work that way.  If the couple files a joint tax return, the best practice is for one to provide an I-864 as the joint sponsor and the other spouse to provide an I-864a as a household member.  Regardless, "A complete copy of a federal tax return" MUST include ALL W2 form and any major 1099 forms.  They ARE part of the tax return.

It's possible to get by without the I-864a, and in most cases NVC will let it pass without it.  Nevertheless, it is NOT NVC that makes the final decision.  Consular Officers do that.  We've seen MANY cases where the Consular Officer insisted on seeing the I-864a from the spouse before issuing the visa.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
On 1/4/2019 at 11:58 PM, pushbrk said:

The issue is not which person's income is being used.  It doesn't work that way.  If the couple files a joint tax return, the best practice is for one to provide an I-864 as the joint sponsor and the other spouse to provide an I-864a as a household member.  Regardless, "A complete copy of a federal tax return" MUST include ALL W2 form and any major 1099 forms.  They ARE part of the tax return.

It's possible to get by without the I-864a, and in most cases NVC will let it pass without it.  Nevertheless, it is NOT NVC that makes the final decision.  Consular Officers do that.  We've seen MANY cases where the Consular Officer insisted on seeing the I-864a from the spouse before issuing the visa.

thank you for the advise we called the NVC about it, they are the ones who told us to submit every W2 for 2017's tax return if not to provide explanation letter that he is using only his income, do you recommend me to take I-864a to my interview ? because NVC never asked for it!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.