shexy

ELECTRICIAN MATE JOB IN NAVY

10 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, shexy said:

Please I want to ask if electrician mate[EM] a good job in Navy enlistment that can be considered. Please share your experience if you have been there before.

Thank you all.

The Electrician Mate (EM) and Electronic Technician for ET for short are awesome jobs in the Navy. I worked alongside many a ET when I was in the Marines underway on a couple of ships my first deployment. It is also a job that you can earn college credit for really easy and correlates well to the outside job market. 

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

The Electrician Mate (EM) and Electronic Technician for ET for short are awesome jobs in the Navy. I worked alongside many a ET when I was in the Marines underway on a couple of ships my first deployment. It is also a job that you can earn college credit for really easy and correlates well to the outside job market. 

Thank you

You have better luck asking on some military forums. Not immigration related.. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

My husband was an electronic's Tech in the USAF.  He now does the same job for the govt in the FAA.  So it's a job that transfers outside of the military but there's not a huge call for it. 

Electrican's jobs would transfer very well IMO. 

Other job types that transfer well are anything plumbing or HVAC related. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Its a good job I was a Hospital Corpsman in the Navy, pay is not based on the job though it is based on other factors primarily paygrade....there is other pay if you are deployed or separated from family, for food, housing called BAH.. just depends on the situation and what benefits the military spouse qualifies for. 

You get BAH regardless... all military are paid a rate for housing and food, plus free healthcare.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Being an EM, you will be in the Engineering Department, and work can be extensive at times, especially with watch standing!  I'm an HT (Hull Technician), been in the Navy nearly 12 years.  EM is a good rate, and the training will definitely help you in the civilian world, whether you choose to stay in only 4 years or 20 or more years.  Best of luck!!

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2019 at 8:08 PM, shexy said:

Please I want to ask if electrician mate[EM] a good job in Navy enlistment that can be considered. Please share your experience if you have been there before.

Thank you all.

I am only being curious now... :)  Have you started the process yet? I wish you all the best!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.