27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hobidyali said:

Thank you, I am just concerned because I left out something in the original application and mailed it in a week after they received my initial application, I was told by them to mail it in with case # and fedex delivery confirmation which I did but part of me is still worried that they never attached it to the file . I hate this process, having someone else in control over my future, I have never been thru something so difficult as this and feeling like a guinea pig or a fish out of water. Anyway, I hope this ends soon and with a favorable outcome because I am not sure I can handle this anxiety long term.

if you put your case number and both names and both DOB's on the additional info , they will have it

the anxiety level can not control you

you need patience to go thru this

several have interviewed and asked to do ds5535 and still wait a month and longer

you need to know you are in for the long run and not give up 

prepare the moroccan for the interview with all the information about u and your life so the interview goes well

8 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

if you put your case number and both names and both DOB's on the additional info , they will have it

the anxiety level can not control you

you need patience to go thru this

several have interviewed and asked to do ds5535 and still wait a month and longer

you need to know you are in for the long run and not give up 

prepare the moroccan for the interview with all the information about u and your life so the interview goes well

I have always been able to handle just about anything, but nothing beats this experience. I am always very positive and upbeat but feel so defeated in this situation for some reason and can't understand why.  I know that this process is a lengthy one and I am ok with that, my concern was the add on items which now I am at ease about after you told me that it should've been added. Thanks Jeanne.

19 hours ago, Hobidyali said:

Can you explain what you mean please? Aren't all visas , especially for the same country and same service processed the same. What makes others be processed sooner and others longer?

Background checks are usually the cause of most delays.  Our NOA2 came 185 days after NOA1.

21 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Background checks are usually the cause of most delays.  Our NOA2 came 185 days after NOA1.

4/2 9 months call USCIS and they told me that my case is in security check

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

A few weeks ago I read a post from a former USCIS officer who processed petitions, you can find it here on VJ somewhere.  A lot of it is random, and frustrating for all of us when some petitions are approved in 5 months and others take a year or more.  The processing times from VJ members' timelines and the USCIS website are only averages, some take less and others more time so it's best to expect the worst and then be surprised when it is approved.  Officers are assigned boxes of files in an organized way, the oldest ones are given to an officer in batches, then he/she works on the box at their own pace, some go on vacation or work slower, others process them quickly, depending on the details of the case, background checks, complexity of the cases, etc.  I picture in my mind a desk piled high with files and boxes, and officers going through our applications, viewing our photos, etc. and other personal information.  There are hundreds of petitions arriving every day, and they pile up, not enough employees to review them so they wait in a storage room to be assigned to a USCIS immigration officer.  The poster said some files took a long time to review, others were fast.  When they finish their box of files, they go back for a new box.  Humans make errors, and there are rooms full of boxes, so I can see some employees taking a box of newer petitions by mistake and may miss an older box that sits on a shelf in a storage room or gets lost for a few months, out of order.  You would think that in 2019, they would scan everything to an electronic file and then the computer would automatically assign the next case in the queue to an officer in a more fair way, but that's not how it works.  They assign and review paper files based on the former employee's post.  On top of that, some centers work faster than others, or get assigned more files so they get behind, or add more employees or lose some, you get the picture.  And to make matters worse, the average times change, some petitions are taking longer, like 129Fs, for some reason, maybe an increase in the number submitted?  The waiting really sucks.  Lots of visits to be together is how my husband and I are coping with this long process of living apart.  Good luck with your wait, hoping for a successful petition approval soon so that you can move on to the NVC/consulate/embassy/interview stage! 

Edited by carmel34

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I know you're anxious to be with your your love one, but remember: Patience is a virtue, so be patient, and it'll all go well inshAllah.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
22 hours ago, Hobidyali said:

I have always been able to handle just about anything, but nothing beats this experience. I am always very positive and upbeat but feel so defeated in this situation for some reason and can't understand why.  I know that this process is a lengthy one and I am ok with that, my concern was the add on items which now I am at ease about after you told me that it should've been added. Thanks Jeanne.

you are ill at ease as someone else controls your life and it is heartbreaking at times

also the process makes you reveal personal and financial information that we are told over and over to keep secret

so,  it is normal to feel uneasy as most of us do

but it will be worth all you go thru / just be patient and faithful to each other

incha allah all goes as you pray it does

Edited by adil-rafa

7 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

you are ill at ease as someone else controls your life and it is heartbreaking at times

also the process makes you reveal personal and financial information that we are told over and over to keep secret

so,  it is normal to feel uneasy as most of us do

but it will be worth all you go thru / just be patient and faithful to each other

incha allah all goes as you pray it does

Nailed it, that's exactly it, I feel uncomfortable being dissected and looked at with a loop and me not having any control over this whole process. There's nothing to do but to be positive and that's it, thank you for your input, you're always very helpful.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 9:45 AM, Hobidyali said:

Thank you, I am just concerned because I left out something in the original application and mailed it in a week after they received my initial application, I was told by them to mail it in with case # and fedex delivery confirmation which I did but part of me is still worried that they never attached it to the file . I hate this process, having someone else in control over my future, I have never been thru something so difficult as this and feeling like a guinea pig or a fish out of water. Anyway, I hope this ends soon and with a favorable outcome because I am not sure I can handle this anxiety long term.

I did the same thing.

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

Yes, so you understands my concern, most people with my noa1 date are already getting approvals and I can't help but feel like something is not right but hoping for the best😔

There are 11 I-129F/CSC timelines here on VJ with the same NOA1 date as you; none have NOA2 yet; one from the day before has, and one from the next business day has, but that's it. Only 5 timelines from August filers have been updated with a NOA2, total.

Granted, some people may not have updated their timelines due to the holidays, but still... 

You've got a long time before you should start worrying about problems with your petition.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
On 1/4/2019 at 6:19 PM, DaveAndAnastasia said:

There are 11 I-129F/CSC timelines here on VJ with the same NOA1 date as you; none have NOA2 yet; one from the day before has, and one from the next business day has, but that's it. Only 5 timelines from August filers have been updated with a NOA2, total.

Granted, some people may not have updated their timelines due to the holidays, but still... 

You've got a long time before you should start worrying about problems with your petition.

Yes, I am an April filer and still have not heard anything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.