payxibka

Embassy Process/Evidence Changes??

31 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There has been an unconfirmed rumor for a couple of months that there is a new "sheriff" in town as it relates to the Manila IV unit.  If true, this might explain the recent change to K-1 interviews on Thursdays ONLY .  The second item. is that there is am embassy review from  a 12/27 interview where the I-134 was asked for by name.  

With that said, any anecdotal evidence that has been floating around for the past few years needs to be re-validated.   There might be more items changing or changed that have not been reported back.  No more resting on our laurels or advising based on potentially out dated information until enough people get through the embassy interviews and a trend can be established.

YMMV

5 hours ago, payxibka said:

There has been an unconfirmed rumor for a couple of months that there is a new "sheriff" in town as it relates to the Manila IV unit.  If true, this might explain the recent change to K-1 interviews on Thursdays ONLY .  The second item. is that there is am embassy review from  a 12/27 interview where the I-134 was asked for by name.  

With that said, any anecdotal evidence that has been floating around for the past few years needs to be re-validated.   There might be more items changing or changed that have not been reported back.  No more resting on our laurels or advising based on potentially out dated information until enough people get through the embassy interviews and a trend can be established.

So USEM is going from 5 days and 4-6 windows to 1 day and the same amount of "windows"? How can that every process enough visas that are being applied for and approved from USCIS? I smell a LARGE roadblock up ahead.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not being asked for the I-134 and supporting documents with the K-1 has been going on since 2014 .. the new "sheriff" in town  isn't the cause of this.   

NOTE -  the support evidence is still listed on the K-1 checklist from the embassy.   Embassy not asking for it is their choice.

FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS. Applicants must provide evidence that they will not become public charge in the U.S. You may visit the Department of State website for the proper Affidavit of Support information.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

So USEM is going from 5 days and 4-6 windows to 1 day and the same amount of "windows"? How can that every process enough visas that are being applied for and approved from USCIS? I smell a LARGE roadblock up ahead.

Don't know about the number of windows but reports from the last two weeks indicate in interviews are done by noon

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

Not being asked for the I-134 and supporting documents with the K-1 has been going on since 2014 .. the new "sheriff" in town  is the cause of this.   

NOTE -  the support evidence is still listed on the K-1 checklist from the embassy.   Embassy not asking for it is their choice.

FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS. Applicants must provide evidence that they will not become public charge in the U.S. You may visit the Department of State website for the proper Affidavit of Support information.

Yes.  But one applicant last week was specifically asked for the i134 by name.   One instance doesn't make a trend but time will tell 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

Yes.  But one applicant last week was specifically asked for the i134 by name.   One instance doesn't make a trend but time will tell 

You are not talking about anything new ... most are not .. some are ... ASKED.   That has been the trend since 2014.      Solution is simply - Follow the embassy checklist.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Hank is right, it has been 3 plus years that they haven't ask the majority of applicants. But once in awhile they ask. We still recommend to everyone that until it becomes "law" that they should carry all the necessary documents asked for from the checklist (P3) for the financials. Just so they are not caught with their "pants down" when asked.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

Hank is right, it has been 3 plus years that they haven't ask the majority of applicants. But once in awhile they ask. We still recommend to everyone that until it becomes "law" that they should carry all the necessary documents asked for from the checklist (P3) for the financials. Just so they are not caught with their "pants down" when asked.

I'm not talking about evidence but the actual affidavit itself.   There are some on here that say the actual affidavit is not required 

YMMV

3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I'm not talking about evidence but the actual affidavit itself.   There are some on here that say the actual affidavit is not required 

They are somewhat right and somewhat wrong. If the CO asked for the financials this is what is requested:

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with an original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Get the IRS transcript in place of the actual 1040 here: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

If we look closer we see that the I-134 is part of the evidence. I think we are all talking about the same thing, but just now all the elements have been included in the discussion which they are now with my reference.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

They are somewhat right and somewhat wrong. If the CO asked for the financials this is what is requested:

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with an original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Get the IRS transcript in place of the actual 1040 here: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

If we look closer we see that the I-134 is part of the evidence. I think we are all talking about the same thing, but just now all the elements have been included in the discussion which they are now with my reference.

What you indicate above is not what is on the Manila website though the affidavit is inferred on the current 

YMMV

5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

What you indicate above is not what is on the Manila website though the affidavit is inferred on the current 

If you were to follow all the links (from the USEM and TS.gov) you would end up on this page http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3238.html where from the information was gleaned. Mid 2018 they changed the web address's and failed to update this link.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/MNL_Manila.pdf

If it were me I "wouldn't leave home without it".

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

5 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Exactly. Unlike for an immigrant visa or AOS where the I-864 is required by law, the only requirement for the K-1 is to alleviate the public charge concern. The I-134 is just a tool for the CO to consider in evaluation of the public charge risk. This is why they can choose not to ask for it, not consider assets, not accept certain co sponsors, etc. It's just a formalized way of addressing the concern.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.