peanutismint

Crazy long wait times on hold to the medical doctors in London??

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Knock off the rude and noncontributory comments immediately and permanently, or administrative action will be applied.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

20 hours ago, Apelcina said:

I don't see how his pertinent question about getting through to book a medical because he can't actually get through on the phone merits your response. Patience has nothing to do with it, he's already near the end of the process.

Hi, I just noticed we have similar timelines. My case has been completed by NVC on Dec 18th. Have you received any interview letter yet? or any further instructions after NVC case complete?

Thank you

20 minutes ago, NickBo said:

Hi, I just noticed we have similar timelines. My case has been completed by NVC on Dec 18th. Have you received any interview letter yet? or any further instructions after NVC case complete?

Thank you

No instructions or interview letter yet, only an email saying our documents were accepted and an interview will be scheduled. I imagine things are delayed with the new year, but you'll probably be before me though.

23 minutes ago, Apelcina said:

No instructions or interview letter yet, only an email saying our documents were accepted and an interview will be scheduled. I imagine things are delayed with the new year, but you'll probably be before me though.

Ok fair enough - yes hopefully willhear something next week. 

Good luck with everything - I’ll keep u posted since we both have London embassy. 

17 hours ago, Meisha&Jake said:

I would try calling around 11am, that seemed to be there less busier time when i booked mine last year! Not sure if things have changed but worth a shot

Thanks; finally managed to get through today and had an email apologising for their phone systems being faulty the last few days/over Christmas so that must've  been it. I feel somewhat vindicated in my rant now! 😀

5 hours ago, NickBo said:

Ok fair enough - yes hopefully willhear something next week. 

Good luck with everything - I’ll keep u posted since we both have London embassy. 

Same here guys. We finally got an email last week so at least I can book my medical, but just waiting on the actual letter/interview date from the embassy now; hopefully shouldn't be much longer 🤞🤞

22 minutes ago, peanutismint said:

Same here guys. We finally got an email last week so at least I can book my medical, but just waiting on the actual letter/interview date from the embassy now; hopefully shouldn't be much longer 🤞🤞

If your doing a K1 Fiancé visa, you have to book the interview yourself online 

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

1 hour ago, peanutismint said:

Aren’t u supposed to wait for instructions before booking the medical?

On 1/2/2019 at 8:41 PM, peanutismint said:

I wish I had as much free time as you must  have to stalk me. 

They stalk everyone including me. I've had some interesting comments about my visa, my other career and even my Facebook from certain "Platinum" and "Supreme" members on here.

Knightsbridge are very busy. There's a different number somewhere that you can call, it's for their other office. Despite the issues I had, I will stick up for the staff there. They've a lot of people to see, very quickly and my own medical was scheduled for my birthday so I offered them some of the Swiss chocolate I'd been given as a thanks.

On 1/3/2019 at 9:32 PM, NickBo said:

Aren’t u supposed to wait for instructions before booking the medical?

I think as CR-1s we wait to be given an interview date. It says on the my email. Also...

"Once your case becomes qualified for an interview, NVC will work with the appropriate U.S. Embassy or Consulate to schedule an appointment for you." https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview.html

41 minutes ago, Apelcina said:

I think as CR-1s we wait to be given an interview date. It says on the my email. Also...

"Once your case becomes qualified for an interview, NVC will work with the appropriate U.S. Embassy or Consulate to schedule an appointment for you." https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview.html

Yes same here. And you can only book your medical once you’ve received the letter.

On 1/7/2019 at 10:37 AM, NickBo said:

Yes same here. And you can only book your medical once you’ve received the letter.

I just got an email confirming an interview date for the 25th Feb! Just to let you know. Hope you get yours soon if you haven't already.

1 minute ago, Apelcina said:

I just got an email confirming an interview date for the 25th Feb! Just to let you know. Hope you get yours soon if you haven't already.

Hey, I’ve literally just received mine as well 5min ago for Feb 5th. 

Wishing you the best and hope it goes well. 

On 1/2/2019 at 4:19 PM, peanutismint said:

I spent a CRAZY amount of time on hold to the Knightsbridge doctors trying to schedule my visa medical today, first for 1 hour before being cut off, then nearly 2 hours before being cut off again, then over 2 hours a third and final time before being cut off AGAIN. Not sure why it's happening. Each time it told me I was like #24 in the queue and went down and down and the closest I got was to #5 before being cut off for some reason.... 😡😡😤

Is the visa medical place even open at the moment (with the holidays) or is their phone system just #######?! As it's 2019 I would've hoped I could schedule online or via email but nobody is answering their email address either.

I'm desperately trying to get an appointment for a week today when I have to go to London anyway to take my fiancé back to the airport, save me having to make two separate trips all the way to London (and then a third for the embassy interview!).

In short - this service sucks. What can I do about it? Just keep trying?! I've already wasted half a day on hold to them....

Hey so I called yesterday morning (9th January) at 9:03 and was only on hold for 25 Minutes from caller position #2, #1, and continuously thanked for being on hold etc

Unfortunately I wasn't aware that my fianceé had received an email stating our case was shipped to the embassy and had also received the "letter" from the NVC allowing us to book it, so I had to hang up without an appointment.

Called back again this morning (10th January) 9:03 and took me 1 hour 30 minutes for an appointment, straight in to caller position #1, no hold just dialing tone for 25-30 Minutes and then the obligatory thank you for being on hold (your money is important to us.)

Each time I called 0207 486 7822 number so there doesn't seem to be much consistency but I'd definitely try calling as close to dead on 09:00 as you can.

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.