Caye

CFO (questions)

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, LunaEclipse said:

Hi!

Should it be the "certificate" first (if you don't have the visa yet) and then the sticker? 

I am referring to one case wherein they went to the CFO but since they haven't been interviewed at the USEM the certificate wasn't issued since there is no assurance that they will be approved.  Below is the post of @Pbchief2 on another thread.

On 12/17/2018 at 1:06 PM, Pbchief2 said:

CFO issues....

The lady that was assigned to her says she thinks she forgot her paper work at the Clark satellite office.  When she took the seminar she had told her she would not issue the certificate since there was no guarantee she would pass the interview. Now CFO May have misplaced the paperwork. We'll find out Wednesday at Clark.

So my worry right now is I may have the same issue/concern as the one listed above.

:)

The ever so amazing and informative @Greenbaum has answered my concern and explain it fully.

Thank you guys for all your help.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, LunaEclipse said:

Hello!

Quick question. I have my CFO scheduled on Monday the 7th and the USEM interview on the 24th. I am still able to complete the GCP even if my interview is set on a later date - correct? 

Also, I read somewhere that if you haven't gone through the interview yet then they wouldn't issue the certificate - is this the case for all?

Thanks!

You can complete  the GCP (fiancee & spouse of USC)  seminar for CFO, you will get your certificate upon completion .. you will not get the sticker in your passport until the visa is in the passport.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, LunaEclipse said:

Hi!

Should it be the "certificate" first (if you don't have the visa yet) and then the sticker? 

I am referring to one case wherein they went to the CFO but since they haven't been interviewed at the USEM the certificate wasn't issued since there is no assurance that they will be approved.  Below is the post of @Pbchief2 on another thread.

CFO issues....

The lady that was assigned to her says she thinks she forgot her paper work at the Clark satellite office.  When she took the seminar she had told her she would not issue the certificate since there was no guarantee she would pass the interview. Now CFO May have misplaced the paperwork. We'll find out Wednesday at Clark.

So my worry right now is I may have the same issue/concern as the one listed above.

That must be a new person at CFO.. and very ill informed.   The person that posted that needs to go back to CFO and ask for a supervisor.    CFO is not only for those emigrating to a foreign country, it is also for spouses of foreign citizens who want to get their passport in their married name.   Certificates are issued upon completion of the GCP seminar ... STICKER is not issued until the visa is in the passport.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Hank_ said:

That must be a new person at CFO.. and very ill informed.   The person that posted that needs to go back to CFO and ask for a supervisor.    CFO is not only for those emigrating to a foreign country, it is also for spouses of foreign citizens who want to get their passport in their married name.   Certificates are issued upon completion of the GCP seminar ... STICKER is not issued until the visa is in the passport.

Hello Hank,

Thank you for providing further information. 

I'll see to it that I'll ask for a supervisor just in case the same scenario happens to me. 

15 hours ago, LunaEclipse said:

Hi!

CFO issues....

This was a person trying to go to USA?

CFO is for people going to Australia and other parts of the world as well?

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

18 hours ago, LunaEclipse said:

Hi!

CFO issues....

My wife spent most the day in Manila to get her counseling and afternoon class before her visa appointment. It was very easy.

Of course we made the staff think about which class she should be in.   She was first going to Mexico as a permanent resident since I was working there.  Ultimately they put her in an American class since she was marrying an American.  We didn't apply for an US visa for a few months later.

Don't worry about the class. Just get it done.  When she went back for the sticker it only took 10 minutes. 

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

3 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

This was a person trying to go to USA?

CFO is for people going to Australia and other parts of the world as well?

It is for anyone from immigrating from the Philippines to anywhere.  Kids included.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
6 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

It don't matter

There are reports of girls traveling to Australia and they are required to do CFO

They may be going to Australia for work .. and that does require CFO

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

20 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

They may be going to Australia for work .. and that does require CFO

It a expat forum, the girl boyfriend who is Australian and lives with him in Cebu area, she had to do CFO to go to Australia on a Tourist Visa.  Seems like a fluke to me, but that is what was reported last year when they were talking about CFO

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Timeline
Just now, Chris Duffy said:

It a expat forum, the girl boyfriend who is Australian and lives with him in Cebu area, she had to do CFO to go to Australia on a Tourist Visa.  Seems like a fluke to me, but that is what was reported last year when they were talking about CFO

.. more he said .. she said  babble.   

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

no it was an pretty long time member whom posted it

There is nothing to direct them to CFO after getting a tourist visa.     I still say there is more to the story or it is just a fish market .. at least that is the smell.

CFO has two seminars;

GCP is for fiancee or spouses of foreigners.   

PDOS - Filipino emigrants or those leaving the country to settle permanently abroad are required to register with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO), and attend the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) or Peer Counseling Session. Topics discussed include travel regulations, immigration procedures, cultural differences, settlement concerns, employment and social security concerns, and rights and obligations of Filipino migrants.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.