.shutdown

PREPARING TO MEET THE CONSULAR

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
18 hours ago, ALEX MAISON (mr) said:

please i am the beneficiary, my spouse applied for the visa and it has been approved, i need to be sure of what i need to get ready for the next stage which is meeting the consular for an interview

. PLEASE WHAT DO NEED TO DO NEXT?

. PLEASE WHAT DOCUMENT DO I NEED TO GET READY?

How can it be your spouse if she applied for a k-1?

A k-1 visa is for UNMARRIED couples!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Like other posters said - I hope it’s your fiancé and not spouse otherwise this would be fraud. Also make sure you don’t call her your spouse during the interview...huge red flag..

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 hours ago, OlayemiLoray said:

When was petition approved? Please know the difference between a petition and visa, however I knew what you meant...Depending on approval at USCIS, I would wait it out a couple of days..As one suggested read up on what's the next step while waiting on the packet..As of now all interviews are cancel and none are being scheduled for the Abuja and Lagos Embassy at this time because of the indefinite close due to Goverment shut down...

The closure is for American services not consular services. So shutdown doesn't effect anything immigration wise.

The U.S Embassy in Abuja and the Consulate General Office in Lagos will remain open in spite of the U.S. Government shutdown.

U.S. Embassy in Abuja A statement from the Information Office, Public Affairs Section, Abuja, for the USCGLagosInformationSection, said on Wednesday that normal services at the Consular Sections were ongoing. The statement explained that speculations of alleged closure of the embassy in Abuja and consular office in Lagos were incorrect.

It however, said: “American Centers and EducationUSA offices operating on embassy and consulate grounds that are managed by Mission Public Affairs Sections will remain closed throughout the shutdown. “American Spaces, such as American Corners operated by partner institutions and located off embassy or consulate grounds, however, will remain open,’’ the USCGLagosInformationSection says.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/2/2019 at 3:57 PM, dwheels76 said:

The closure is for American services not consular services. So shutdown doesn't effect anything immigration wise.

The U.S Embassy in Abuja and the Consulate General Office in Lagos will remain open in spite of the U.S. Government shutdown.

U.S. Embassy in Abuja A statement from the Information Office, Public Affairs Section, Abuja, for the USCGLagosInformationSection, said on Wednesday that normal services at the Consular Sections were ongoing. The statement explained that speculations of alleged closure of the embassy in Abuja and consular office in Lagos were incorrect.

It however, said: “American Centers and EducationUSA offices operating on embassy and consulate grounds that are managed by Mission Public Affairs Sections will remain closed throughout the shutdown. “American Spaces, such as American Corners operated by partner institutions and located off embassy or consulate grounds, however, will remain open,’’ the USCGLagosInformationSection says.

Yes, I receive the message in one of the groups that it is the American Service Centers that are closed and Not the embassies, but thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.