dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2019

612 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ashlyyynnnn said:

NVC received our case November 20th and still no case number. 

Looking at other people's timelines it seems recently it's only been taking four weeks for a lot of people so I don't understand why it's slowed so much but I guess all we can do is wait. 

It's been very slow recently. Ours was received on the 16th of Nov and still no case number. Nov 6th folks got the case number last week.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Angola
Timeline

Yup, they have slowed down tremendously. During the week of Dec 17 & 24, 2018, they were assigning case #s for Nov 6 and 7 cases. Nothing since then (not one CN was assigned this week🤔). Geez, if they continue on that pace, they will complete the rest of November cases probably in February.

Now im wondering if SOME of the NVC staff were affected by the shutdown (of course they wont disclose this to us). 🤔This could be the reason for the slow down. 

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Angola
Timeline
13 hours ago, Mr & Mrs said:

So i finally called NVC and they gave me same repeatedly answer of 8 weeks ,so i was like its my 7th week so i would be expecting anything by next week and she was like no on next to next week by jan 16 .i was like that will be go into 9th week then she was like no 16 nov to 16 jan are 8 weeks ,every month have 4 weeks .i was like not really every month has 7×4=28 plus 2 or 3 extra days so 2 days from nov and 3 days from dec already make like 5 days extra and she was like no sir 16 nov to 16 jan going to be 8 weeks .Hahah i didnt understand her logic of mathematics,she was like no by 16 jan will make 8 weeks,i was like no that going to be 9th week and i was in my mind really where she went school,NVC really need to educate their people....😂😂😂😂😂

Exactly. The NVC always say "8 weeks". So obviously they are counting "weeks" and not months. If they were counting months, the agent would be correct.😀

3 hours ago, KG2015 said:

Yup, they have slowed down tremendously. During the week of Dec 17 & 24, 2018, they were assigning case #s for Nov 6 and 7 cases. Nothing since then (not one CN was assigned this week🤔). Geez, if they continue on that pace, they will complete the rest of November cases probably in February.

Now im wondering if SOME of the NVC staff were affected by the shutdown (of course they wont disclose this to us). 🤔This could be the reason for the slow down. 

Yea for sure , i didnt see any single update from anyone that have received their case number.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/3/2019 at 8:09 AM, rimon said:

i submitted on Dec 12, but had an RFE on Dec 27th, submitted the same day and now waiting for re-review. Hope we have our case completed by this friday or Maximum by next week.

Hi rimon! I also had a RFE and submitted everything on the same day (dec 29th). Kindly keep us posted when they review your case. Nothing here so far so I believe next week we’ll hear something

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
36 minutes ago, G502 said:

Received a RFE email from NVC requesting tax transcripts. IRS is closed and web page is not working are they affected by government shutdown?

This happened once last week, I couldn’t access at all. But this morning it was fine

1 hour ago, G502 said:

Received a RFE email from NVC requesting tax transcripts. IRS is closed and web page is not working are they affected by government shutdown?

Hi, when did you first submit your documents to NVC?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, D & T said:

Hi rimon! I also had a RFE and submitted everything on the same day (dec 29th). Kindly keep us posted when they review your case. Nothing here so far so I believe next week we’ll hear something

Hi, sure i will post here if any update comes up! 

Timeline
15 hours ago, G502 said:

IRS IS affected by shutdown and we cant get the tax transcripts. I submitted my AOS with W2 and 1040 lets see what is going to happen or we have to wait until the shutdown is done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.