bugsosar

Adjustment of Status From K1 (Help)

4 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I have entered US in June on K1, we got married in three days and submitted our I486, 765 and 131 on Sept 17th. The immigration had an issue with the joint sponsor income so we submitted a new sponsor which was accepted. 

Current Status: As of December 20, 2018, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice.  

Can someone please help how long it takes for the interview after this notice? in addition its almost 7 months i am waiting on the case and not working which is really very hard for me to survive on my savings, any idea how long the EAD will take further? i have appeared for BioMetrics for work authorisation almost 2 months back but no update since then.

7 minutes ago, bugsosar said:

Hi Everyone,

I have entered US in June on K1, we got married in three days and submitted our I486, 765 and 131 on Sept 17th. The immigration had an issue with the joint sponsor income so we submitted a new sponsor which was accepted. 

Current Status: As of December 20, 2018, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice.  

Can someone please help how long it takes for the interview after this notice? in addition its almost 7 months i am waiting on the case and not working which is really very hard for me to survive on my savings, any idea how long the EAD will take further? i have appeared for BioMetrics for work authorisation almost 2 months back but no update since then.

The NBC is currently processing EAD/AP in 4 to 6 months from application. If you filled on Sept 17th you're looking at approximately February or March for your combo card.

The processing time for the i485 depends on local field office. If you tell me what that is I can show you how to look it up.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Just saying, you should be relying on your sponsor also, not just your savings. Your sponsor is obligated to support you. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.