62 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
23 minutes ago, K & R said:

I don’t see why this is so funny.. would you be laughing if you had to wait 7-8 years petitioning for your loved one? Maybe try to actually help OP instead of laughing at their situation. Seems insensitive don’t you think?

OP s best option is to file the F-1 and wait. In the mean time OP can visit their children abroad. It really sucks but it will be worth it in the end. The sooner you file the sooner you could have your children here. Good luck!!

Thanks allot.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

this is almost the hardest way

1   take the TOEFL test to show a command of the English language

2   apply to several universities that offer the course of study the person is interested in

3   if accepted pay the fee to reserve your space at the college /we apply in our junior year of high school by November to to after graduating which is over a year later (example apply 11/2018 , graduate 5/2020   enter college 8/2020)

4   most universities with MS programs accept USA BS degrees but a Nigeria degree is not as intense as the US programs

5   the person himself/herself has to prove they have savings to cover the cost of college and room and board 

6   the person must prove he/she will return to Nigeria after graduation

7   many ivy league universities offer a lawyer to help with the visa if all the above is met 

but fast NO   

no visa for the USA is fast

this is expensive and slow and not guaranteed/no visa application is quaranteed

Timeline
6 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

this is almost the hardest way

1   take the TOEFL test to show a command of the English language

2   apply to several universities that offer the course of study the person is interested in

3   if accepted pay the fee to reserve your space at the college /we apply in our junior year of high school by November to to after graduating which is over a year later (example apply 11/2018 , graduate 5/2020   enter college 8/2020)

4   most universities with MS programs accept USA BS degrees but a Nigeria degree is not as intense as the US programs

5   the person himself/herself has to prove they have savings to cover the cost of college and room and board 

6   the person must prove he/she will return to Nigeria after graduation

7   many ivy league universities offer a lawyer to help with the visa if all the above is met 

but fast NO   

no visa for the USA is fast

this is expensive and slow and not guaranteed/no visa application is quaranteed

Thank you very much.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Are you laughing because you don't believe the numbers, or because you're just rude? If the prior - those numbers are entirely accurate.

OP - you received the best feedback from @geowrian and @pushbrk (who are reputable posters here, by the way, and give solid advice).

As for the general judgement by others of OP's inquiry - I don't think everyone who comes here asking for this kind of feedback necessarily believes they can complete immigration overnight. By simply asking for the "quickest" way, or "cheapest" way, could just mean they want to ensure they do not choose a route that is much more expensive or time consuming than another possible alternative. It's a valid inquiry and concern, one I'm sure we all had, in some form or fashion, when selecting our own visa paths. I know my husband and I researched a lot about all available spousal/future-spousal options to make sure we chose the one that worked best for us. This is no different.

I get we aren't here to sugarcoat or give people false hope, but some of you are always just plain mean and jump to conclusions, like you just look for a reason to pick someone apart. Be mindful. We've all been new to immigration before.

Well said and i appreciate it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, Paa Qwesi said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OMG....7-8Yrs?

We try not to laugh at people

BTW some take a lot longer like over 10   depends on the country

12 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

You have money for international student tuition?

How are they going to prove that they will return home after finishing school in the US?

I'm guessing from the title they don't intend to return, and this poster is looking for anyway. To me this post rings airs of using student visas to eventually overstay or attempt to adjust. Deny it but what's being asked is can you use a student visa to bring your children over fast instead of waiting years n line, which you now have intent to commit fraud by using a student visa program with intentions over staying and adjusting. 

Adjustment of Status (AOS), Removal of Conditions (ROC) Followed by N400 

AOS from ESTA

03-13-2015: AOS Packet Mailed to Chicago Lockbox Facility via USPS

03-14-2015: Arrived at Post Office Chicago, IL

03-17-2015: AOS Packet received by USCIS

03-23-2015: Text/ Email Notification: Notice of Acceptance

03-28-2015: NOA1 for AOS, AP & EAD received in the mail

04-03-2015: Notice of Appointment for Biometrics on the 14th of April at 9 a.m arrived with lawyer

04-07-2015: Notice of Appointment for Biometrics on the 14th of April at 9 a.m arrived at my address (lot slower)

04-06-2015: Early walk in for Biometrics complete 6th April, walked in at 3pm and spoke with the centre manager

05-14-2015: Expedite request made

05-15-2015: USCIS site says expedite complete but no change.

06-01-2015: Case enquiry opened with USCIS as its passed 75 days.

06-02-2015: EAD/AP card in production and to be distributed.

06-05-2014: Hard copy notice to say EAD approved.

06-08-2015: EAD Card arrived in the mail.

08-25-2015: 161 Days since filing and no interview date.

01-12-2016: 300 Days since filingand no interview date.

02-24-2016: Case scheduled for Interview March 26th 2016 (347 days after filing and will be well over a year come interview date).

04-02-2016: GREEN CARD ARRIVED.

ROC I-751
01-02-2018: ROC I-751 package sent
01-03-2018: I-751 signed for in California 
01-08-2018: NOA-1 Received (1 year Extension Letter)
03-20-2019: ROC APPROVED (442 DAYS since APPLYING) 

N400
12-28-2018: N400 Submitted Online 
01-12-2019: Biometrics for N400 
10-04-2019: N400 Interview PASS
10-31-2019: I AM A U.S. CITIZEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS OVER

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, tomriesgo said:

I'm guessing from the title they don't intend to return, and this poster is looking for anyway. To me this post rings airs of using student visas to eventually overstay or attempt to adjust. Deny it but what's being asked is can you use a student visa to bring your children over fast instead of waiting years n line, which you now have intent to commit fraud by using a student visa program with intentions over staying and adjusting. 

If this is the plan, hopefully the OP is aware there is no clear path to a green card through the parent this way...I believe they would have to eventually leave the US to finish processing in their own country....and by that time the illegal overstay might trigger a bar if too much time is accrued.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

58 minutes ago, tomriesgo said:

Based on the timeline, adjusting status doesn't seem to be a possibility (given the duration of their potential student visa and waiting for the PD to become current), and overstay is not ignored in their circumstances. So if they were to try that, it wouldn't work anyway.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My USC Mother filed I-130 for me in June of 2011 in the 21+ adult son/daughter unmarried category. I was eligible to file for AOS in October of 2017.

Edited by Visitor User

20 hours ago, nadler Howard said:

They don't but i am ready with such costs.

20 hours ago, nadler Howard said:

During my own process, I added their name that they will follow later. 

I’m sorry to be blunt about this but the combination of the above is almost certain to lead a visa officer to conclude that they are trying to circumvent the wait by getting student visas (which is your stated intention too). There’s nothing to stop them seeking  F1 student visas of course, but do be aware many in similar situations are denied. 

And I presume you’re aware that if the kids get married during the wait they shift to F3 category, which currently has a wait of 12-13 years. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
4 hours ago, Visitor User said:

My USC Mother filed I-130 for me in June of 2011 in the 21+ adult son/daughter unmarried category. I was eligible to file for AOS in October of 2017.

Were you already in the US while he file for you?. If so what category did you entered US with?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, nadler Howard said:

Were you already in the US while he file for you?. If so what category did you entered US with?

Yes. B1.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Visitor User said:

Yes. B1.

It took you about 6 years to get your green card iif i am right, was it not of concern that you over stayed your visa before you were approved?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.