30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On Fri Dec 28 2018 at 5:35 AM, Diane and Chris said:

Sounds like a pretty easy fix on your part. Obtain the documents as soon as possible and turn them in with a copy of the letter to the embassy and you should be approved with no problems. Good luck!  

I was given the same white paper after my interview on the 7th December 2018. The only difference is that I was asked to submit the required documents along with my passport at dhl office. On this white paper, it wasn't ticked to submit it with his passport, so I think after submitting his required documents, it will be reviewed first and when its okay, he will be asked to submit his passport as well.

I was asked for a joint sponsor and am still yet to have one, its about a month now, I just pray I get a joint sponsor before the end of January.

Also, when I checked my case status today, it has been changed from cr1 to ir1 since my marriage is above 2 years.

Edited by Harrison okotogha
Added new

Timeline
On Thu Dec 27 2018 at 3:29 PM, Greenbaum said:

What does the letter say other then what is required. Does it give instructions to where you are to send the documents? Is it state anywhere in the letter the term "221(g)"? If you have the means to post a copy of the letter WITHOUT your personal information maybe someone can give you a more exact answer. We don't have much to go on with just what is in your post. Thanks.

I was given the same white paper after my interview on the 7th December 2018. The only difference is that I was asked to submit the required documents along with my passport at dhl office. On this white paper, it wasn't ticked to submit it with his passport, so I think after submitting his required documents, it will be reviewed first and when its okay, he will be asked to submit his passport as well.

I was asked for a joint sponsor and am still yet to have one, its about a month now, I just pray I get a joint sponsor before the end of January.

Also, when I checked my case status today, it has been changed from cr1 to ir1 since my marriage is above 2 years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Harrison okotogha said:

So sorry you are yet to find a joint sponsor. Yes his passport was given back to him and wasnt ticked which to me is not s good sign but we are still gathering the required documents, had the first 2 a day after his interview but his divorce certificate is just where the problem is

Timeline
12 hours ago, amy1411 said:

So sorry you are yet to find a joint sponsor. Yes his passport was given back to him and wasnt ticked which to me is not s good sign but we are still gathering the required documents, had the first 2 a day after his interview but his divorce certificate is just where the problem is

Thanks AMY. Do you think if I submit the tax transcript by march it will be late? I heard embassy gives a grace of 1 year to submit the required documents asked.

Timeline
Just now, Harrison okotogha said:

Thanks AMY. Do you think if I submit the tax transcript by march it will be late? I heard embassy gives a grace of 1 year to submit the required documents asked.

Another issue I have is that during last year, my wife's household were 6 because she has 2 dependant, but thus year, the dependant is one and the household is reduced to 5 and with the 5, we don't need joint sponsor anymore cos we met poverty guideline for 5. Since I will be submitting my aos sometime February, do you think I can still use tax transcript of 2017 or 2018? Thanks.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Harrison okotogha said:

I really dont know but I heard so too. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Harrison okotogha said:

Another issue I have is that during last year, my wife's household were 6 because she has 2 dependant, but thus year, the dependant is one and the household is reduced to 5 and with the 5, we don't need joint sponsor anymore cos we met poverty guideline for 5. Since I will be submitting my aos sometime February, do you think I can still use tax transcript of 2017 or 2018? Thanks.

Let her ask an immigration  lawyer I dont  any info on that. I make over $200k and live with my 8 yr and 20 month old daughter 

8 hours ago, Harrison okotogha said:

Yes you can still use tax transcript of 2017 or 2018.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
17 hours ago, amy1411 said:

Let her ask an immigration  lawyer I dont  any info on that. I make over $200k and live with my 8 yr and 20 month old daughter 

Ok that is fine. For you, you don't have problem with your aos. Please if you have any information regarding this, lemme know. Thanks. I wish you all the best buddy.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Oh thanks so much, if that is the case, then my issue is solved. I just need to wait for my wife to file 2018 tax transcript to indicate that the dependant is now one and not 2 anymore, then the household will be 5 not 6, and probably a new i164 affidavit of support form to change the household size, then submit my 2017 tax transcript.

6 minutes ago, Harrison okotogha said:

Oh thanks so much, if that is the case, then my issue is solved. I just need to wait for my wife to file 2018 tax transcript to indicate that the dependant is now one and not 2 anymore, then the household will be 5 not 6, and probably a new i164 affidavit of support form to change the household size, then submit my 2017 tax transcript.

The IRS transcript website is not functioning do to the Government shutdown. When you get closer to your filing/interview then check again otherwise be prepared to send a copy of the 1040 for 2017 and 2018. And yes you will need a new I-134 to reflect the current population in your family.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On Fri Jan 11 2019 at 12:51 AM, Greenbaum said:

Hi , I have submitted my required documents after interview to dhl on the 25th of January. Embassy did not notify me if my documents have been received, though 2 days later after submitting the docs, my status was updated and till date, it has not been updated, so how can I be sure the embassy have received my docs?

Also, a friend of mine got his visa issued just 3 days after submitting the required docs, and from administrative processing, it changed to issued. Am just surprised mine haven't been issued or do they want extra documents from me? Please can anyone share idea on this issue? Thanks.

2 hours ago, Harrison okotogha said:

Hi , I have submitted my required documents after interview to dhl on the 25th of January. Embassy did not notify me if my documents have been received, though 2 days later after submitting the docs, my status was updated and till date, it has not been updated, so how can I be sure the embassy have received my docs?

Also, a friend of mine got his visa issued just 3 days after submitting the required docs, and from administrative processing, it changed to issued. Am just surprised mine haven't been issued or do they want extra documents from me? Please can anyone share idea on this issue? Thanks.

AP Explained

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a consular officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on the individual circumstances of each case. Your mileage may vary.

When the Embassy is ready to issue a visa, it will change to "Nonimmigrant Visa Application"; at that time, you will know that you are a few days away from getting the visa. It will go from "Immigrant Visa Application" to "Nonimmigrant Visa Application" status and then your visa changes to "Ready" ==> "Administrative Processing" ==>> "Issued" status as well. These steps sometimes transpire over a day or even a few days. Some smaller Embassy's it happens within hours.

Sometimes, it might skip "Administrative Processing" and go from "Ready" to "Issued". You must continue waiting. It will happen.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

AP Explained

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a consular officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on the individual circumstances of each case. Your mileage may vary.

When the Embassy is ready to issue a visa, it will change to "Nonimmigrant Visa Application"; at that time, you will know that you are a few days away from getting the visa. It will go from "Immigrant Visa Application" to "Nonimmigrant Visa Application" status and then your visa changes to "Ready" ==> "Administrative Processing" ==>> "Issued" status as well. These steps sometimes transpire over a day or even a few days. Some smaller Embassy's it happens within hours.

Sometimes, it might skip "Administrative Processing" and go from "Ready" to "Issued". You must continue waiting. It will happen.

Thanks buddy... But since they didn't inform me on additional document, I guess they are okay with the documents which I submitted

• 1 month later...
Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/30/2019 at 9:21 PM, Harrison okotogha said:

Thanks buddy... But since they didn't inform me on additional document, I guess they are okay with the documents which I submitted

Mr Harrison how far??

Did u later yet the visa ..if yes how many days did it take them to issue it after u submitted the required documents???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.