30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone my Fiance went for his interview today and was given a paper from the CO in Lagos Nigeria embassy to drop the following documents in the collection location. The follwing items needed are

1. police report from south Korea embassy( He used to live in Korea, we applied for it but was taking time to get it and our interview was close since its hard to get an interview date in Lagos we decided to go for interview)

2. His Marriage certificate from Russian-used to be married to a Russian( I didn't turn it in didn't know they needed it-Am the US petitioner)

3. His divorce certificate which we he gave to the CO but he wasn't satisfied with it, since it was done in Nigeria High court.

My question, the CO didn't say he was denied neither did he say he was approved because he(fiance) still has his passport with him.

Can anyone with similar case give me some highlights

Thank you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
31 minutes ago, amy1411 said:

Hi everyone my Fiance went for his interview today and was given a paper from the CO in Lagos Nigeria embassy to drop the following documents in the collection location. The follwing items needed are

1. police report from south Korea embassy( He used to live in Korea, we applied for it but was taking time to get it and our interview was close since its hard to get an interview date in Lagos we decided to go for interview)

2. His Marriage certificate from Russian-used to be married to a Russian( I didn't turn it in didn't know they needed it-Am the US petitioner)

3. His divorce certificate which we he gave to the CO but he wasn't satisfied with it, since it was done in Nigeria High court.

My question, the CO didn't say he was denied neither did he say he was approved because he(fiance) still has his passport with him.

Thank you

They have refused the Visa because the application is not approvable.  If you fail to provide the documents to allow it to be approved, it will be denied.

YMMV

2 hours ago, amy1411 said:

Thank you

What does the letter say other then what is required. Does it give instructions to where you are to send the documents? Is it state anywhere in the letter the term "221(g)"? If you have the means to post a copy of the letter WITHOUT your personal information maybe someone can give you a more exact answer. We don't have much to go on with just what is in your post. Thanks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
5 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

What does the letter say other then what is required. Does it give instructions to where you are to send the documents? Is it state anywhere in the letter the term "221(g)"? If you have the means to post a copy of the letter WITHOUT your personal information maybe someone can give you a more exact answer. We don't have much to go on with just what is in your post. Thanks.

This is the letter they gave to my Fiance

IMG-20181227-WA0001.jpg

Timeline
6 hours ago, payxibka said:

They have refused the Visa because the application is not approvable.  If you fail to provide the documents to allow it to be approved, it will be denied.

Thanks for your reply. I guess  u are righy but he didnt say it was  refused  all is said  was to bring the following document

IMG-20181227-WA0001.jpg

10 minutes ago, amy1411 said:

This is the letter they gave to my Fiance

The good news is you are NOT DENIED. This is what is called a 221(g) which outlines additional documents that are required by the CO so that he/she can continue adjudicating your case. If everything is in order, I believe you have a visa coming. IF you were denied they would not ask for additional information and sent your case on to USCIS to die a slow death. This is not the case for you guys.

Follow the instructions very carefully. Once the information is returned they will continue adjudicating your case.

You are going to make it. Just will need to do this work and then wait.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

The good news is you are NOT DENIED. This is what is called a 221(g) with outlines additional documents that are required by the CO so that he/she can continue adjudicating your case. If everything is in order, I believe you have a visa coming. IF you were denied they would not ask for additional information and sent your case on to USCIS to die a slow death. This is not the case for you guys.

Follow the instructions very carefully. Once the information is returned they will continue adjudicating your case.

Thanks thats was a good relief. He said he was thoroughly interviewed for about 40 mins, the CO smiled at last and gave him this sheet to turn in the required documents

6 hours ago, payxibka said:

Your reply to her is not correct. She received a 221(g) asking for additional documentation to complete the adjudication process for the visa. Their VISA IS NOT DEAD or DENIED and is still alive.

Just now, amy1411 said:

Thanks thats was a good relief. He said he was thoroughly interviewed for about 40 mins, the CO smiled at last and gave him this sheet to turn in the required documents

Your going to be find. Just get everything together that is required and send it back following the instructions in the 221(g).

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

The good news is you are NOT DENIED. This is what is called a 221(g) with outlines additional documents that are required by the CO so that he/she can continue adjudicating your case. If everything is in order, I believe you have a visa coming. IF you were denied they would not ask for additional information and sent your case on to USCIS to die a slow death. This is not the case for you guys.

but the sheet didnt say 221g

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Your reply to her is not correct. She received a 221(g) asking for additional documentation to complete the adjudication process for the visa. Their VISA IS NOT DEAD or DENIED and is still alive.

Your going to be find. Just get everything together that is required and send it back following the instructions in the 221(g).

I said the application is not currently approvable.  Never said it was dead or denied.  Subtle but important difference

YMMV

12 minutes ago, amy1411 said:

but the sheet didnt say 221g

Let's believe for the time being that it is a 221(g) so that we can get your visa. :thumbs: This is a form that your embassy looks at and other Embassy create their own document. They are all referred to as 221(g)'s because you are answering it with missing documents. If you want to know more I have a link you can follow to read more about what is a 221(g).

https://visarefusal.com/221g/

Here is what a 221(g) looks like from the Philippine Embassy.

Untitled picture1.png

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

10 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I said the application is not currently approvable.  Never said it was dead or denied.  Subtle but important difference

I reread it my bad.:D

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Sounds like a pretty easy fix on your part. Obtain the documents as soon as possible and turn them in with a copy of the letter to the embassy and you should be approved with no problems. Good luck!  

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Diane and Chris said:

Sounds like a pretty easy fix on your part. Obtain the documents as soon as possible and turn them in with a copy of the letter to the embassy and you should be approved with no problems. Good luck!  

thanks a lot thats a good relief

221g final processing letter Guangzhou China

I was scheduled for interview at the consulate in Guangzhou because I currently work as an ESL teacher in a university

I had my interview on December 3rd 2018

Needless to say I was issued a 221g preliminary approval letter ticked (notarized police certificate) requiring me to bring a police notarized certificate.

But before I get jumped  by our moderators with statements like ,you should know already.

I have been working in a small city called Enshi for the past two years and I tried for almost a month to get a police certificate at the local police station immediately I got my interview schedule to no avail ,i was always told they’re no possibilities for foreigners to get the police clearance .I had to contact the Dean of studies in my faculty in which he intervened then I got issued a police clearance.

Thereafter I was on the chase to get it notarized ,after bursting my ### for a week i found a notary center but the seal was broken ,i had no other choice than to go for the interview since it was basically just a day left,well VO asked for my documents as usual interview went well but when we got to the police clearance I explained everything to him and he issued a 221g green paper asking me to go try one more time and if I can’t get it,i should write a letter stating everything I had done to get the police clearance notarized to no avail and then sign and send with my passport and 2 passport photographs through Dropbox.

I went back then I inquired then I traveled to another city called wuhan on the 5th of December where I got the police clearance notarized and collected it on the 11th which I then mailed through dropbox to the embassy and it was received on the 17th of December but wasn’t attended to ,I sent an email to the embassy on the 27th requesting updates on my case since I was told it will take 5 working days ,they said they haven’t received the documents they requested from me which got me into panic mood,i then explained to them that while tracking my passport on Ustraveldoc.com website it was updated to ,your passport has been received by post .Then I got another email yesterday that my case is now under review and I’ll get an update through email when the officer is done with the review

Initially I was very happy with my interview date because I could get my visa before my contract expires but now my school is insisting I sign another contract since the last contract ends on the 31 of December,The contract  has clauses stating that Incase there is a breach of contract I’ll pay a lot of money so now I’m worried don’t know when this will be resolved,I guess I’ll  have to play them for time .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.