KelsJosh

Case "In Transit" to Montreal

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

They are actually pretty good about responding to emails at MTL. Now they WILL send auto-replies to no avail until they have reviewed your case and are ready for you to proceed at their pace, but nevertheless you won't be ignored. 

Not too sure what can be done about updating the petitioner's address at this stage. You can try in your P3 response email if an enquiry email doesnt work.

At my interview however, both the document intake officer that you see first asked for my petitioner's address and the interviewing officer did too. My guess would be that providing your petitioner's US domicile document as required (showing their updated address) would suffice and enable you to do the change at that point. It really doesnt matter at this point though concerning the petitioner receiving any further correspondence because after the NVC email, the petitioner is not notified of anything.

I’m the Canadian, not the USC. It’s a crapshoot whether I’ll get my P3 hard copy in a timely manner from my former address, and I lack confidence that my email is being used (my fiancée got the “in transit” one, even though it’s in my name, which amuses me). 

At least when we are talking post-interview passport mailing I can get that sent to my updated address. Small blessings.

3 minutes ago, d24v said:

I’m the Canadian, not the USC. It’s a crapshoot whether I’ll get my P3 hard copy in a timely manner from my former address, and I lack confidence that my email is being used (my fiancée got the “in transit” one, even though it’s in my name, which amuses me). 

At least when we are talking post-interview passport mailing I can get that sent to my updated address. Small blessings.

I guess that just goes to show how important that informing them of the beneficiary's email is even though there is really no official procedure how to get them that info or when in the process they should be notified. At present, they really only indirectly ask for it with the P3 packet (via the beneficiary having to respond to the P3 via email). So it royally sucks in your case. I hope they will be able to remedy your physical address issue as soon as you contact them at the "ready" status stage. Another small blessing may be that it could take a couple of weeks between "Ready" and actually receiving the P3. Hopefully that delay will be just enough time for them to have the correct record of address on file.

In my case my P3 came via email and Canada Post and both arrived the same day. That delay might benefit you as well. Keep us updated!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I guess that just goes to show how important that informing them of the beneficiary's email is even though there is really no official procedure how to get them that info or when in the process they should be notified. At present, they really only indirectly ask for it with the P3 packet (via the beneficiary having to respond to the P3 via email). So it royally sucks in your case. I hope they will be able to remedy your physical address issue as soon as you contact them at the "ready" status stage. Another small blessing may be that it could take a couple of weeks between "Ready" and actually receiving the P3. Hopefully that delay will be just enough time for them to have the correct record of address on file.

In my case my P3 came via email and Canada Post and both arrived the same day. That delay might benefit you as well. Keep us updated!

It’s annoying/frustrating/stupid, because my email is in the initial application and we endeavoured to confirm it at the NVC stage as per suggestions on this site, and they still only use hers and not mine. 

It’s not like there aren’t ways around it and I’m not overly concerned, just annoyed haha.

2 hours ago, d24v said:

It’s annoying/frustrating/stupid, because my email is in the initial application and we endeavoured to confirm it at the NVC stage as per suggestions on this site, and they still only use hers and not mine. 

It’s not like there aren’t ways around it and I’m not overly concerned, just annoyed haha.

Patience is what this process teaches us.  You have zero control.  It's super frustrating.  Just think how annoying it'll be to go 4-6 months without working....  :dead:

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.