KelsJosh

Case "In Transit" to Montreal

34 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey! So we got our NOA2 on November 10th and we hadn't heard anything since so we submitted an inquiry and the email I recieved was from the NVC stating it will now be forwarded to the Montreal Consulate.

I have my case # so I went to CEAC.state.go and checked the application status and it says:

"In Transit"

"In Transit to the consular section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center"

I am still waiting on P3.. does anyone know why it says the NVC provided my Interview date?

1 hour ago, KelsJosh said:

Hey! So we got our NOA2 on November 10th and we hadn't heard anything since so we submitted an inquiry and the email I recieved was from the NVC stating it will now be forwarded to the Montreal Consulate.

I have my case # so I went to CEAC.state.go and checked the application status and it says:

"In Transit"

"In Transit to the consular section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center"

I am still waiting on P3.. does anyone know why it says the NVC provided my Interview date?

The only thing that is relevant to K1s on the CEAC website is the Status and the dates below the status. Everything below that is a generic message for other immigrant Visa types (such as CR1) that DO get scheduled for the interview by the NVC.

Dont let your eyes wander down there. The info is not relevant. I swear.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The only thing that is relevant to K1s on the CEAC website is the Status and the dates below the status. Everything below that is a generic message for other immigrant Visa types (such as CR1) that DO get scheduled for the interview by the NVC.

Dont let your eyes wander down there. The info is not relevant. I swear.

Okay thanks so much! That bottom part really threw me ! 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, d24v said:

You probably shipped today (we’re Nov. 13 NOA2 and also are finally en route to MTL).

P3 seems to take a couple weeks - mid-Jan is what I’m hoping for. Home stretch...ish. 

Woohoo!! I didn't think this process was going to take so long! We are definitely slowly coming to the home stretch haha!! Question for you... the thread that is pinned in this forum is from 2011 for packet 3... I wasnt sure if it is up to date.. where would I find a list of what I need for packet 3.

Also for the interview I got this from the Montreal website:

a. Ticket with your number (will be given at the Consulate)

b. Valid Passport and photocopy of the biographic page. IF not Canadian citizen, also original and photocopy of the Canada LPR card,study/work permit, refugee documents.

c. Medical Examination in a sealed envelope (X‐ray is not required, unless there is TB)

d. 2 color passport size pictures (5cm x 5cm or 2 inch x 2inch)

e. Confirmation page of the online application form CEAC DS‐160

f. Statement of intent to marry from the U.S. petitioner (signed within last 30 days)

g. Birth Certificate, English translation and a photocopy

h. Marriage Certificate, English translation and a photocopy

i. Divorce Certificate, English translation and a photocopy

j. Custody documents, English translation and photocopy

k. Police Certificates from Canada and other countries of previous residence

l. Court / Criminal records and photocopy

m. Military records and photocopy

n. Proof of Financial Support (Form I‐134) and photocopy of supporting documents (IRS transcript or photocopy of the most recent Federal income tax return, bank statements, employment pay slips, etc.)

o. Copy of the U.S. petitioner status in the USA

p. Copies of documents proving petitioner’s U.S. domicile

Also.. for military records.. do i bring my fiance's (U.S citizen) records or is that just if I (the beneficiary) have any?

Sorry for the long post ! 

Edited by KelsJosh
Speĺling

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I believe this is up to date: https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf

My understanding is that it would be military records for the applicant and not the USC - I admittedly haven’t paid much attention to divorce/court records/etc. since they didn’t apply to me.

Looking like 10ish months when all is said and done - good things come to those who wait?

1 hour ago, KelsJosh said:

Woohoo!! I didn't think this process was going to take so long! We are definitely slowly coming to the home stretch haha!! Question for you... the thread that is pinned in this forum is from 2011 for packet 3... I wasnt sure if it is up to date.. where would I find a list of what I need for packet 3.

Also for the interview I got this from the Montreal website:

a. Ticket with your number (will be given at the Consulate)

b. Valid Passport and photocopy of the biographic page. IF not Canadian citizen, also original and photocopy of the Canada LPR card,study/work permit, refugee documents. Bene

c. Medical Examination in a sealed envelope (X‐ray is not required, unless there is TB) Bene

d. 2 color passport size pictures (5cm x 5cm or 2 inch x 2inch) Bene

e. Confirmation page of the online application form CEAC DS‐160 Bene

f. Statement of intent to marry from the U.S. petitioner (signed within last 30 days) 

g. Birth Certificate, English translation and a photocopy Bene 

h. Marriage Certificate, English translation and a photocopy not applicable for K1

i. Divorce Certificate, English translation and a photocopy Both Bene and Peti if married prior to other ppl

j. Custody documents, English translation and photocopy Bene if K2 children are included in Visa application 

k. Police Certificates from Canada and other countries of previous residence Bene

l. Court / Criminal records and photocopy Bene if charged with any crimes anywhere in the world including US

m. Military records and photocopy Bene

n. Proof of Financial Support (Form I‐134) and photocopy of supporting documents (IRS transcript or photocopy of the most recent Federal income tax return, bank statements, employment pay slips, etc.) Peti

o. Copy of the U.S. petitioner's status in the USA 

p. Copies of documents proving petitioner’s U.S. domicile Peti

This is current. So is the link posted above in the other comment. The last revision date of the P3 is March 29th, 2016. The date can be found on the bottom left corner of each page.

Also.. for military records.. do i bring my fiance's (U.S citizen) records or is that just if I (the beneficiary) 

Sorry for the long post ! 

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline
2 hours ago, d24v said:

I believe this is up to date: https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf

My understanding is that it would be military records for the applicant and not the USC - I admittedly haven’t paid much attention to divorce/court records/etc. since they didn’t apply to me.

Looking like 10ish months when all is said and done - good things come to those who wait?

Yeah the divorce / court records don't apply to me either! Tomorrow will be 10 months exactly waiting... I'm hoping thats the case LOL !!

3 minutes ago, KelsJosh said:

Yeah the divorce / court records don't apply to me either! Tomorrow will be 10 months exactly waiting... I'm hoping thats the case LOL !!

@d24v @KelsJosh

I'm going to follow you both if you dont mind for statistical purposes of how fast things are proceeding as that's a h_ll of a lot longer than what was happening this summer even. I belong to a Canadian K1 FB Group that would probably benefit from some recent data. I hope you dont mind/keep your timelines updated if you can, lol.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

@d24v @KelsJosh

I'm going to follow you both if you dont mind for statistical purposes of how fast things are proceeding as that's a h_ll of a lot longer than what was happening this summer even. I belong to a Canadian K1 FB Group that would probably benefit from some recent data. I hope you dont mind/keep your timelines updated if you can, lol.

Haha for sure. I knew things were moving slower but.. wow lol ours is definietly on the long end, I never would have guessed it would be THIS slow!

Just now, KelsJosh said:

Haha for sure. I knew things were moving slower but.. wow lol ours is definietly on the long end, I never would have guessed it would be THIS slow!

Well I've seen a few slow ones but not any slow ones from Canada that didnt involve RFE's (and most times RFE's plural). Did you have anything unusual happen that you haven't made mention of on your timeline? Weird status updates? Anything that happened to you that was out of the norm compared to what you've read with others?

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Well I've seen a few slow ones but not any slow ones from Canada that didnt involve RFE's (and most times RFE's plural). Did you have anything unusual happen that you haven't made mention of on your timeline? Weird status updates? Anything that happened to you that was out of the norm compared to what you've read with others?

Nope! No RFE's or anything! The only time anything has moved to the next step is when we file an inquiry!

We didn't receive our NOA1 in the mail we had to call and they said they had everything and then sent us an NOA1 email.

Waited 6 months and heard nothing so we called numerous times and they said everything looked good and we'd hear in the next month... 1 month later we submitted an inquiry it was on a security check. Another month.. nothing .. so another inquiry and they responded that our I-129F was approved.. then we got NOA2 in the mail Nov 10.... then 4 days ago we submitted another inquiry after hearing nothing and they say the NVC has sent it to the consulate.

6 minutes ago, KelsJosh said:

Nope! No RFE's or anything! The only time anything has moved to the next step is when we file an inquiry!

We didn't receive our NOA1 in the mail we had to call and they said they had everything and then sent us an NOA1 email.

Waited 6 months and heard nothing so we called numerous times and they said everything looked good and we'd hear in the next month... 1 month later we submitted an inquiry it was on a security check. Another month.. nothing .. so another inquiry and they responded that our I-129F was approved.. then we got NOA2 in the mail Nov 10.... then 4 days ago we submitted another inquiry after hearing nothing and they say the NVC has sent it to the consulate.

Did you not start calling the NVC 14 days after NOA2? That is the general procedure. If you dont call you will be waiting for the NVC case number to come via Packet 3 seeing that the NVC hasnt emailed as they were supposed to. The NVC should have sent the petitioner the final item of correspondence that gets sent to the petitioner in the form of the NVC email. It states that the petition has been cleared through the NVC and sent to the embassy. You didnt get that either?

Seems like your timeline since NOA2 is quite normal though.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline
3 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Did you not start calling the NVC 14 days after NOA2? That is the general procedure. If you dont call you will be waiting for the NVC case number to come via Packet 3 seeing that the NVC hasnt emailed as they were supposed to. The NVC should have sent the petitioner the final item of correspondence that gets sent to the petitioner in the form of the NVC email. It states that the petition has been cleared through the NVC and sent to the embassy. You didnt get that either?

Seems like your timeline since NOA2 is quite normal though.

We started calling 2 weeks ago but we couldnt get through during their hours it was weird. But they sent an email after our inquiry saying it was being sent to the consulate, and gave the letter in the email with our case number on it, so i was able to check today that it was still " In Transit"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.