Randyandyuni

Any Manila Promos for flights in April?

52 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I certainly wouldn't refer to ana as a budget airline as the budget model typically only flies 737 or a320 size aircraft.   They have more aircraft than jal with more than 100 long haul aircraft 

YMMV

10 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I certainly wouldn't refer to ana as a budget airline as the budget model typically only flies 737 or a320 size aircraft.   They have more aircraft than jal with more than 100 long haul aircraft 

I wasn't using the term budget in a technical way. I only used that word because in all my searches they come up as one of the lowest prices. That being said do you have any experience with them?

Edited by jg121783

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

I wasn't using the term budget in a technical way. I only used that word because in all my searches they come up as one of the lowest prices. That being said do you have any experience with them?

I don't but the reviews are stellar as I would expect from most Japanese airlines 

YMMV

1 hour ago, payxibka said:

I don't but the reviews are stellar as I would expect from most Japanese airlines 

Yeah I have read a lot of good reviews. Might have to jump on this deal for under $500 a ticket. Flying to Hong Kong is 15 to 17 hours from Chicago and Tokyo is only 12 hours so that is even better though it's a longer flight from Tokyo to Manila.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

13 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

I used to make a killing on that when I traveled for work ... good luck!

Well there was 59 people on standy by, they had to cancel numerous flights out of Dallas (Our destination) the night before due to severe thunderstorms.

We were a party of 5 and we offered to go on a later flight, they gave each of us $1000 flight credit, $12 meal voucher, 2 hotel rooms in a nice hotel and free transfer.  We are booked on take leave at 5am this morning for Dallas.  

It was a great deal and for us not being in a hurry or needing to be home tomorrow worked out and was a deal I couldn't refuse.

Pair that with my $500 credit I will get with my AA application, and I am flying to Philippines on their dime next trip.  

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

We gave up our morning flights again $550 airline credit on American Airlines or their partners.

They also gave each person $12 food voucher to use in the airport

So we are up $7750 in flight vouchers in less than 24 hours for 5 people.  I am booked on a flight in 5 hours, if they offer anything over $500 I will voluntarily give up my ticket again

20 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Korean Air flies from Dallas to Incheon and onto Manila.  Wife took it last trip and it was $900 and she said the flight from Dallas to Incheon had very few people on it, I have them on my short list to try next trip. I have been doing Delta the last few years, but there is always a stop over in USA and then a stop in Japan and then onto Manila.

She enjoyed Korean Air and they are flight partners of Delta and I have lots of sky miles from Delta

The food was better on Korean Air and the fellow passengers seemed to be a bit better.  I flew to Cebu instead of Manila..so maybe that was it. 😉

jj

1 hour ago, Chris Duffy said:

We gave up our morning flights again $550 airline credit on American Airlines or their partners.

They also gave each person $12 food voucher to use in the airport

So we are up $7750 in flight vouchers in less than 24 hours for 5 people.  I am booked on a flight in 5 hours, if they offer anything over $500 I will voluntarily give up my ticket again

I was never that lucky, like winning the lottery 

17 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

I am home now, it was the perfect storm. 

We got another $1000 each person to voluntarily give up our seats for a 3pm flight from Miami to Dallas,  they put us on the next flight about 20 minutes later to Charlotte North Carolina and then onto Dallas.

This was the first time I have ever played this game

Each person ended up with $2,550.00 airline vouchers, we took them for $12,750.00 in about 24 hours with 4 adults and one child, it was like winning the lottery.

I have almost 3 free round trips to Philippines from my little Christmas Cruise...

6 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

I am home now, it was the perfect storm. 

We got another $1000 each person to voluntarily give up our seats for a 3pm flight from Miami to Dallas,  they put us on the next flight about 20 minutes later to Charlotte North Carolina and then onto Dallas.

This was the first time I have ever played this game

Each person ended up with $2,550.00 airline vouchers, we took them for $12,750.00 in about 24 hours with 4 adults and one child, it was like winning the lottery.

I have almost 3 free round trips to Philippines from my little Christmas Cruise...

Always nice to earn your money back

American Airlines also is running another promo, I was looking at booking tickets to PI this morning.

Once you book your tickets they are offering a instant $250 credit statement if you apply for one of their (AA) Credit Cards, and then you get 40k miles if you spend xxx amount of dollars in 3 months.

Something else to look into.  

I am checking flight from DFW to Manila with only 1 stop in April,  I am finding them a good prices.  Be aware that holy week is in April, and some things shut down during that week.  

2 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

American Airlines also is running another promo, I was looking at booking tickets to PI this morning.

Once you book your tickets they are offering a instant $250 credit statement if you apply for one of their (AA) Credit Cards, and then you get 40k miles if you spend xxx amount of dollars in 3 months.

Something else to look into.  

I am checking flight from DFW to Manila with only 1 stop in April,  I am finding them a good prices.  Be aware that holy week is in April, and some things shut down during that week.  

My wife's family is out in the boondocks, it does not take an occaision to shut it down, just family, friends and Tatays baka boat ... Heavenly 3 weeks in my books

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:08 AM, Randyandyuni said:

I hear your cry. When I go to Las Vegas I give all my money to the doorman on the way in and then on the way out I stop and asked if I had a good time. :rofl: I never win at any give aways or lotteries. Neve had that kind of luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 3 weeks later...

I have never been impressed with PAL internationally. Their system never lines up with other carriers and you have to stand in line and check in again for connecting flights.  You can never get boarding passes all the way through. Always a hassle.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

On 12/27/2018 at 7:18 PM, payxibka said:

ANA is the best. Always my first choice...If I have a choice))))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.