Randyandyuni

Any Manila Promos for flights in April?

52 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I am sure he means the airlines China Southern or China  Eastern and not Cathay Pacific. @Chris Duffy am I right about that???

Correct, any airlines that has China in their name. I believe it was Air China was the worst I have experienced.  They only lost our luggage for 45 days.

Still waiting on them to give us a luggage allowance for them loosing it, it been almost 7 years now, Still waiting....

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

10 hours ago, payxibka said:

Just because your reputation precedes you and you had a bad experience in China means we all should avoid?  I used Cathay Pacific and landed in Hong Kong (yes, Hong Kong is a part of China) and had a good experience.

PS.  I am sure you are on everyone's no fly list

I really don't consider Hong Kong part of China even though technically it is

I myself has made a decision to no longer enter any country under communist control

14 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

Getting ready to book vacation travel for April, was curious if anyone was aware of any great deals out there, looking at 3 economy tickets for April 10 - 29 fromn Columbus Ohio, best I've found is $2985 for 2 adults/1 kid 

Look at Chase Sapphire, I signed up few months ago and they have a travel program.  I received $750 statement credit or toward airline tickets or gift cards, etc if you signed up and spent so much the first few months

Like the AA red card, there is no international transaction fees

14 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

Getting ready to book vacation travel for April, was curious if anyone was aware of any great deals out there, looking at 3 economy tickets for April 10 - 29 fromn Columbus Ohio, best I've found is $2985 for 2 adults/1 kid 

I am going to Philippines for the month of April and May, gonna take the wife this time and get me a BB stamp and let her go back to USA after a few weeks.

It going to be summer break for the colleges and party party time. I going to explore more of the Mindanao Region

ASAP tickets were not any cheaper than booking directly with Korean Air for me.

Saving a $100 or so to put up with BS airlines/layovers is not worth it to me.

Korean Air/Delta was much more pleasant than PAL/AA.

YMMV.

pj

12 minutes ago, 2018JNJ said:

YMMV.

pj

I am surprised with your experiences with PAL, I have only flown them domestically in the Philippines but every flight top-notch but was considering them this time for international, I too have had good experiences with Delta as well as Asiana Air. My biggest problem is I am kuripot, lol it was cheaper when just I flew, then the wife and I, then the three of us has gotten expensive !!

6 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

I really don't consider Hong Kong part of China even though technically it is

I myself has made a decision to no longer enter any country under communist control

I totally forgot about Air China. Where I used to live in CA it was the Anerican HQ for China Southern. I would also never personally fly with them at all due to issues I have heard about them 

1 hour ago, 2018JNJ said:

YMMV.

pj

Korean Air flies from Dallas to Incheon and onto Manila.  Wife took it last trip and it was $900 and she said the flight from Dallas to Incheon had very few people on it, I have them on my short list to try next trip. I have been doing Delta the last few years, but there is always a stop over in USA and then a stop in Japan and then onto Manila.

She enjoyed Korean Air and they are flight partners of Delta and I have lots of sky miles from Delta

32 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I totally forgot about Air China. Where I used to live in CA it was the Anerican HQ for China Southern. I would also never personally fly with them at all due to issues I have heard about them 

Mind you this was 7 years ago, but the crew couldn't speak English and the plane was so old.  

You know you hear the flight attendants always talk about getting stuff out of the overhead bend and stuff shifting and falling.  These old hatches above the passengers head had worn out hinges and shocks, I saw 3 people get the living daylights knocked out of their head form the overhead bends.  

22 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

$2682   https://www.smartfares.com/pages/selquote.aspx?SesnID=20474032&SearchId=1091475392

If I were you I would rent a one-way car and drive to Chicago and save even more. $2,000 for 3 tickets.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Herrington said:

$2682   https://www.smartfares.com/pages/selquote.aspx?SesnID=20474032&SearchId=1091475392

If I were you I would rent a one-way car and drive to Chicago and save even more. $2,000 for 3 tickets.

wow .. beat my best find by almost 200/ ticket! thanks

I am at Miami, American Airlines is offering $625 flight voucher per seat and a guarantee flight on a later flight today if you give up your seat, I am on the next flight to home, If they offer that deal with my flight I might just jump on it.

$500 Credit Card Air Miles sign up and $625 voucher would make my trip to PI free.

5 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

I am at Miami, American Airlines is offering $625 flight voucher per seat and a guarantee flight on a later flight today if you give up your seat, I am on the next flight to home, If they offer that deal with my flight I might just jump on it.

$500 Credit Card Air Miles sign up and $625 voucher would make my trip to PI free.

I used to make a killing on that when I traveled for work ... good luck!

On 12/26/2018 at 12:21 PM, Randyandyuni said:

I will be paying attention to this thread as we are planning to take a trip to visit my wife's family for about a month somewhere around mid June to the end of August (when my stepson is out of school). I have been pricing tickets the last week or so and the best deal i found for 2 adults, a child and a baby is $1899 on an app I found called skyscanner. When you actually go to buy the tickets the total comes out to slightly under $2k. This is on an airline called ANA. As far as I can tell they are based out of Japan and are a decent budget airline. The flight goes from Chicago to Tokyo then Tokyo to Manila. I have to research them more but we might go that route.

I have seen some people mention Cathay Pacific. I used then both times I went to the Philippines and to fly my wife and step son here. I highly recommend them. The flight attendants are friendly and the food is acceptable for airline food. One time flying back to Chicago the plane was half empty and they let us lay across 3 seats to sleep. One of the only times I was able to actually sleep on a plane. The only reason I am looking elsewhere is because they are currently $1000-$1500 a ticket. All the other times I used them I got my tickets for under $700 when they were running promos or something. As far as going through airport security in Hong Kong goes it was an inconvenience but they were actually far more respectful and friendly than the TSA in the Chicago airport. One thing that was kind of cool (and a little scary the first time) was landing at the Hong Kong airport. It is on an island so if you look out the window as your landing all you see is water as the plane descends until the last second when you see the runway.

Anyways we are looking forward to our trip but it is going to be interesting being stuck in a metal tube with a 1 1/2 year old for 12 hours or more. Anyone have any tips on traveling with a baby as this is a new experience for us. I would also be interested in knowing if anyone has flown on ANA before.

Edited by jg121783

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.