KSMALHI

221(g) (split) (merged)

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys, my wife appeared in interview at Mumbai consulate  on Dec 20, interview went very well, she answered all the questions very well.she has got a  221g white slip stating that your file is incomplete and put under AP and told to submit any additional evidence you have, I then submitted tonnes of evidences like video chats, phone calls, over 100 pics together from last 3 visits after wedding, which prove our bonafied relationship. They said your case needed review so its under AP, we will contact you when AP is done and if approved, you need to submit passport. We have a K1 visa denial before because of not enough proof of bonafied relationship , then we got married and applied cr1 visa, uscis took 13 months to approve the petition after thorough examination considering K1 visa denial. Will they send case back again to uscis or review it in consulate?

Do we still have hope to get approval?

our world turned upside down, any positive feedback will give us strength to wait and go through AP process.

Thanks in advance.

They likely didn't take the passport because they expect it to take more than 1-2 weeks , especially with the holidays and the shut down. What I would recommend is submitting any evidence that shows a marriage as well as a relationship. Do you have any joint bank accounts or things that you own together? It sounds like you made an excellent effort to provide more information, but these financial proofs of marriage will also go a long way to help.

I wish you and your wife all the luck!

Timeline

Thanks for reply, yes, we handed over the video chats and phone calls for period over 2 years, more than 100 photos showing us both on various occasions ( after and other than wedding), proof of my 3 visits to her after wedding.

I have a nri bank account in India and she is a mandate holder( means she can operate the account), I have emailed yesterday proof of this thing, I also sent proof of some money I am sending her every month since 9/2017, as to support her living.

I am curious about, whether they will sent her case back to uscis for review or they will review it at consulate?

you reply will be really helpful for us to fight with this new dreaded AP situation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Hijacked post and related replies removed. Do not post your questions in other members threads. All other hijacked posts have been removed.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Hi guys, my wife appeared in interview at Mumbai consulate  on Dec 20, interview went very well, she answered all the questions very well.she has got a  221g white slip stating that your file is incomplete and put under AP and told to submit any additional evidence you have, I then submitted tonnes of evidences like video chats, phone calls, over 100 pics together from last 3 visits after wedding, which prove our bonafied relationship. They said your case needed review so its under AP, we will contact you when AP is done and if approved, you need to submit passport. We have a K1 visa denial before because of not enough proof of bonafied relationship , then we got married and applied cr1 visa, uscis took 13 months to approve the petition after thorough examination considering K1 visa denial. Will they send case back again to uscis or review it in consulate?

our world turned upside down, any positive feedback will give us strength to wait and go through AP process.

Thanks in advance.

11 minutes ago, KSMALHI said:

Thanks in advance.

we r in the same boat and its been already 20 days and its still AP

Timeline

Thanks a lot for reply, is your status at ceac still shows AP as mine?

wondering if they will send the case to uscis for review or do it at consulate??

please post if you find anything new.

• Ontarkie changed the title to 221(g) (split) (merged)
Timeline

~~Duplicate thread merged, and more hijacked posts have been removed. Continue to post in other members threads or start any more threads related to this topic will earn you a suspension.~~

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

Why can’t I reply in some other threads, if the topic is related to me?? I just failed to understand. For example.. there is thread case complete to interview January 2019, people reply and share their experiences on that thread, why can’t I share my experience????

Timeline

~~Posting more than once is considered spamming which is a TOS violation. You posted in 13 threads that were not related. You posting in the UK forum, K1 forum, and a CR1 thread from Morocco. These threads are not the same as your case, again spamming. You cannot post questions in other members threads as your case can never be exactly the same as the original posters question. You cannot and will not get the same answers as someone from the UK, Morocco or doing the K1 visa. Now as for this thread you can ask all the questions you want. This is the thread to keep your questions in. Members will help you if they can when they come across this thread. There will be no more warning about posting your questions for your case in other members threads.~~

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

Thanks for reply, our K1 visa was denied because of insufficient evidence  for ongoing relationship.

Thanks for reply, our K1 visa was denied because of insufficient evidence  for ongoing relationship.

D6CEC10D-2861-4625-BA1A-B885E9859C89.jpeg

Timeline

I will explain the situation in little depth, we met through a common friend in Aug 2016 , spent some time together, liked each other, I proposed by offering ring, she accepted, then I filed a K1 visa petition in 10/16, petition approved in 12/16, got interviewed in 2/17. She was asked in interview how you guys communicate? She answered ..by video chat and phone calls, she had all the proof/ screenshots of communication, she was nervous and thought CO will ask her to show the evidence, which CO is not supposed to do( now we understand), interview ended and got the denial. 

Then we hired a lawyer and she recommended to get married and apply for cr1 visa, we got married in 3/17 and filed i130 in 6/17, got approved in 7/18. had interview on12/18 and got this AP thing. According to my lawyer, CO is just concerned about the reason of K1 denial, that’s why he put the case in AP to review it more closely. That’s what CO told at interview that,as there are tonnes of evidences in the form of video chat, phone call records, proof of my 3 visits and more than 100 photos together and with my family after marriage, some financial proofs of money, we have to go through all these documents and it can’t be done at window right now, so we are temporarily refusing the application and putting the case in AP, you don’t need to come for an interview again, we will contact you, when a decision is made.He also told us to submit any other evidence you have.. we submitted some more uptodated evidences and now waiting game starts.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.