StephanieKl

We don't have the flight tickets, can we show the email confirmation instead?

39 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, StephanieKl said:

So we weren't careful enough with the flight tickets and ended up losing some, our bad. We only have a bunch of incomplete tickets(only one way) but we always saved all the email confirmations of the flights, they have the name of who's flying, the date, destination... But I never saw anyone using emails instead of the tickets, I wonder if that would be enough for them.

Boarding passes and receipts are not required with the petition.  You need to prove two things to the adjudicator.  You need to prove that you met at least once in the two years prior to filing and that you are both legally free to marry.

Boarding passes and receipts do not do either.  Passport stamps proves you were in country and photos together during that stay is pretty good proof.  Don't overthink it.  I asked specifically about boarding passes to our CO and she said they are ancillary since they do not even prove you actually got on the plane.  The only real proof of entering the other country would be passport stamps or entry tickets like used in Hong Kong now.  Keep those for sure.

Tickets and receipts do not prove you actually met so make sure your evidence shows that you were actually together.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

We would be remiss if we didn't point out that the return leg boarding pass would be better evidence because it shows you were in your fiance's country.

4 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

We would be remiss if we didn't point out that the return leg boarding pass would be better evidence because it shows you were in your fiance's country.

👍

Boarding passes in the beneficiaries' country sure are better than one from the states!  That still doesn't prove they met.  I had been in the Philippines years before I met Rose.  I have proof that I was there but not that we ever met at the time.  Boarding passes just really aren't good proof for the petition on their own.  They can work during the interview to prove an ongoing relationship but they still don't prove they met.  I guess it all depends on the other evidence.  Pictures with passport stamps and boarding passes sure does create a better picture.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

We would be remiss if we didn't point out that the OP is already INSIDE the USA  and the k1 is the WORST route for them to follow 

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

We would be remiss if we didn't point out that the OP is already INSIDE the USA  and the k1 is the WORST route for them to follow 

You are not wrong, but I will leave the door open to maybe she has a good reason for doing it this way.

Timeline
Just now, ThomasNC1988 said:

You are not wrong, but I will leave the door open to maybe she has a good reason for doing it this way.

All you can do is lead a horse to water

YMMV

Timeline
8 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

👍

Boarding passes in the beneficiaries' country sure are better than one from the states!  That still doesn't prove they met.  I had been in the Philippines years before I met Rose.  I have proof that I was there but not that we ever met at the time.  Boarding passes just really aren't good proof for the petition on their own.  They can work during the interview to prove an ongoing relationship but they still don't prove they met.  I guess it all depends on the other evidence.  Pictures with passport stamps and boarding passes sure does create a better picture.  

Agree for the most part, but remember that there is no proof only evidence. Some evidence is better than others but none of it proves anything. Maybe you gave a lookalike your passport and he went to the Philippines. Just an outrageous example but you get the idea lol.

25 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Agree for the most part, but remember that there is no proof only evidence. Some evidence is better than others but none of it proves anything. Maybe you gave a lookalike your passport and he went to the Philippines. Just an outrageous example but you get the idea lol.

Correct, we supply the evidence, the CO determines proof. Merry Christmas. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Boarding passes have very minimal impact.  Passport stamps with photos correlating to the date are the best.  Tickets, boarding passes and receipts prove nothing as the boarding pass doesn't prove you boarded, it only proves you picked up the pass. 

It's true also, however it would have more credibility than an email confirmation of a flight. And not by itself, only with the support of pictures and passport stamps.

I don't think one single piece of evidence does the job by itself. 

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

6 hours ago, StephanieKl said:

btw, the reason we're applying for the k1 is because I am leaving the country soon, since I need to be out of country to apply for the k1.

Why don't you just marry now and adjust status? 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

If I understand you are saying that you entered the US you had not yet met your fiance.  You had no plans of meeting him and falling in love and getting married.  Therefore you entered legally.  You should get married and file CR-1.  Then you don't have to leave the country.  This is okay since you obviously did not lie to immigration when you came here.  Save lots of time and money.  Merry Christmas

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sorry, I should have explained this before. My boyfriend hasn't finished college yet, he's gonna graduate in May and I will leave America in February, thus he doesn't meet the income requirement and we will have to do it through the hard way, the k1. We're intending to start the process in January(before I leave, but we looked it up and we can start the process while I am still in the us) and hopefully I'll be back here before the end of next year :) 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, StephanieKl said:

Sorry, I should have explained this before. My boyfriend hasn't finished college yet, he's gonna graduate in May and I will leave America in February, thus he doesn't meet the income requirement and we will have to do it through the hard way, the k1. We're intending to start the process in January(before I leave, but we looked it up and we can start the process while I am still in the us) and hopefully I'll be back here before the end of next year :) 

You can start while you are in the USA 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.