icanbenobody

The cold is killing me 😂

52 posts in this topic

Hello to all immigrants/USC in the US. what do you think about this weather? Christmas is on its way too and People are so busy buying gifts hehe 

sigh this cold weather making me sick. My body still adjusting to this cold weather sometime i like cold sometime i dont..How did you guys overcome this cold weather? and the allergy? omg its so annoying i wont stop having a sinus infection, sneezing, coughing,and my nose is always clogged..i been taking medicines but im also worried that i might be pregnant,i try to do PT while im bleeding for 11 days and it was negative haha..my crazy monthly visitor wont give me a accurate date anymore it became abnormal since i got in the US (OBGYN appointment will be after Christmas)😅😅

seriously how did you guys overcome this Cold Weather?

8 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

Get a flu shot, stay inside, hibernate, move to Florida, I don't know. Keep calm, lots of people do survive the winter every year.

Got my shots complete.

Florida is one of our option of moving next year.

Hibernation is just not my thing 😅😅

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

And I have the heat 😉 

Like others say get some good clothes that actually warms you and if you have the opportunity then move to another part of America that fits you better :) 

1 hour ago, icanbenobody said:

Hello to all immigrants/USC in the US. what do you think about this weather? Christmas is on its way too and People are so busy buying gifts hehe 

sigh this cold weather making me sick. My body still adjusting to this cold weather sometime i like cold sometime i dont..How did you guys overcome this cold weather? and the allergy? omg its so annoying i wont stop having a sinus infection, sneezing, coughing,and my nose is always clogged..i been taking medicines but im also worried that i might be pregnant,i try to do PT while im bleeding for 11 days and it was negative haha..my crazy monthly visitor wont give me a accurate date anymore it became abnormal since i got in the US (OBGYN appointment will be after Christmas)😅😅

My asawa said the same thing as well when she came here to the USA and when we lived in California. We moved to NC last year and she is like "OMG it is COLD". 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, icanbenobody said:

I've lived in the North my whole life and still not used to it.  After Christmas I want Spring.   Warm socks and gloves lots of Vaseline for dry skin is a must.

If you desire to live where you are you can always become a snow bird and travel South for the Winter.   Lots do it around here unfortunately for me it hasn't worked out yet.

even my husband who live here in Louisville for 33 years he hates the cold too he hates the cold more than i do..our whole house has a vent that stays in 74°F  its just in the outside its cold. nothing much to do..

ill definitely look for that thermal wear hehe...im so whinny about this cold maybe because im gaining weight of doing nothing but eat rest,eat rest 😂😂 

24 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

I've lived in the North my whole life and still not used to it.  After Christmas I want Spring.   Warm socks and gloves lots of Vaseline for dry skin is a must.

If you desire to live where you are you can always become a snow bird and travel South for the Winter.   Lots do it around here unfortunately for me it hasn't worked out yet.

yea dry skin is one of my enemy too luckily my hubby already prepared bunch of lotion for dry skin before i got here 😁😁 I really enjoy the falls but this Cold is now getting colder.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I was raised in Canada and cannot take the cold anymore.  All I can say is turn up the heat inside, dress warm when going out, and move south to a warmer climate.  And I worry about about next year when my husband finally moves here to California from very warm Brazil.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

California and you're complaining? I live in Iowa. It's like negative degrees the whole winter. I haven't seen the Sun in 3 weeks....

I love the California climate, it's perfect in my opinion.  It's my husband I'm worried about since it is tropical and hot there all year.  Stay warm in Iowa!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, USS_Voyager said:

California and you're complaining? I live in Iowa. It's like negative degrees the whole winter. I haven't seen the Sun in 3 weeks....

All of California doesn't have San Diego weather (says the guy who lives in San Diego). 

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.