Chris Duffy

Building a Wall on our Southern Border [merged]

210 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Satisfied said:

It was used quite a bit, before your time here in CEHST.  Theoretically, before refuge’s time, too.  Perhaps not.

You caught that also compadre 

• 2 weeks later...

He overestimated his hand, just build it, protect the country, or was your question purely rhetorical?

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
3 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

He overestimated his hand, just build it, protect the country, or was your question purely rhetorical?

Trump does not want to build the wall, he wants to gripe about Nancy and Chuck not supporting his bogus idea. If he wanted it done, he should have been getting it done when he had majorities in both houses. The dude is a choke artist.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

There's already tunnels under the walls that do exist. not to mention a lot of the land along the border is privately owned (imagine someone coming by and building a 10ft wall on your land). The  cost maintenance of the wall I'm sure will be high enough... and a vast majority of illegal immigrants enter the country LEGALLY on visas.... and overstay their visas... Oh.. and illegal immigration has been on a decline since 2008 (I believe its 2008 or 2009)

Also.. most illegals don't qualify for welfare as many think... they don't have the documents to do so lol.  and you literally can not live here without paying some form of taxes.

Mexico is also vital to the economy.. more than $600billion in trade in 2017.  Mexico is also our 2nd top export destination and our 2nd top destination for imports (we export more to Mexico than we do to China).  I know if a neighbor built a 10foot fence along our property lines id cut everything off with them as well.  Hope Mexico does the same with the US because lets face it.. its a racist wall.  Why not build one along the Canadian border?  Illegal immigration across that border has been increasing over the past few years.  We don't because they're mostly white.  That $5b he wants for the wall I'm sure could finally repair Puerto Rico and the cities (black majority cities) in Texas that also have yet to rebuild from that hurricane...

You don't establish a good relationship with someone like this lol. He controlled the house, senate, and white house the first 2 years of his presidency.

If he wanted the wall, he could've done it with majority votes in all parts of congress.

P.S if he closes the border as he threatens, all that trade is done while the border is closed... not like the DHS is probably doing a whole lot right now without being paid...

NOTE: Black & Bold = Visa Related

02/16/2018: Met online on a mobile game called Guns of Glory

10/03/2018: I129f sent

10/05/2018: NOA1

02/26/2019: NOA2 

03/19/2019: NVC received

03/22/2019: NVC case # assigned

04/02/2019: Consulate received

08/21/2019: Medical - passed on vaccines so insurance can be used in the USA.

08/22/2019: ASC

08/27/2019: Interview -APPROVED!!!

09/11/2019: Entered USA through Chicago O'hare

09/20/2019: Married

10/09/2019: Filed AOS

11/12/2019: Biometric appointment

12/13/2019: RFE (birth certificate)

Total time spent together before K1 interview: 65 days.

Filed: Timeline
43 minutes ago, Russel1995 said:

There's already tunnels under the walls that do exist. not to mention a lot of the land along the border is privately owned (imagine someone coming by and building a 10ft wall on your land). The  cost maintenance of the wall I'm sure will be high enough... and a vast majority of illegal immigrants enter the country LEGALLY on visas.... and overstay their visas... Oh.. and illegal immigration has been on a decline since 2008 (I believe its 2008 or 2009)

Also.. most illegals don't qualify for welfare as many think... they don't have the documents to do so lol. and you literally can not live here without paying some form of taxes.

Mexico is also vital to the economy.. more than $600billion in trade in 2017.  Mexico is also our 2nd top export destination and our 2nd top destination for imports (we export more to Mexico than we do to China).  I know if a neighbor built a 10foot fence along our property lines id cut everything off with them as well.  Hope Mexico does the same with the US because lets face it.. its a racist wall.  Why not build one along the Canadian border?  Illegal immigration across that border has been increasing over the past few years.  We don't because they're mostly white.  That $5b he wants for the wall I'm sure could finally repair Puerto Rico and the cities (black majority cities) in Texas that also have yet to rebuild from that hurricane...

You don't establish a good relationship with someone like this lol. He controlled the house, senate, and white house the first 2 years of his presidency.

If he wanted the wall, he could've done it with majority votes in all parts of congress.

P.S if he closes the border as he threatens, all that trade is done while the border is closed... not like the DHS is probably doing a whole lot right now without being paid...

How is ANYONE able to say illegal immigration is on the decline?  Do all illegals sign up with the census bureau so as to keep the count accurate?  No.  In reality, no one really knows how many illegals are here now, nor how many enter each year.

As for the bold part, you are quite wrong.  State and local sales taxes, perhaps.  But not income taxes.  

So you say the wall is racist and won't work.  What's YOUR solution to keeping out the caravans of people attempting to enter the US illegally?

Edited by Satisfied

4 hours ago, refugee said:

Trump does not want to build the wall, he wants to gripe about Nancy and Chuck not supporting his bogus idea. If he wanted it done, he should have been getting it done when he had majorities in both houses. The dude is a choke artist.

What happened you still had a handful of RINO in congress whom were still in disbelief that Trump won.

I think Trump is gonna to use Build the Wall and Illegal Immigration as his platform to get re elected, he will interwind it in his 2020 slogan of Keep American Great

If the economy is still booming in 2020 then Trump wins in a landslide and the GOP take back over both sides of the congress and the Wall gets built

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Satisfied said:

How is ANYONE able to say illegal immigration is on the decline?  Do all illegals sign up with the census bureau so as to keep the count accurate?  No.  In reality, no one really knows how many illegals are here now, nor how many enter each year.

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2018/11/27/unauthorized-immigration-estimate-methodology/

there is how estimates of illegal population are done.. again.. on a decline since 2007..  12million in 2007 to 10.6 million in 2016.  90% confidence interval and based off US Census Bureau data.

As for the bold part, you are quite wrong.  State and local sales taxes, perhaps.  But not income taxes.  

I am absolutely not quite wrong.  illegal immigrants can not avoid sales tax (they probably pay more than you since they keep more of their paycheck if not paying income taxes), and usually also "help" pay real estate taxes. 

Many also argue they will pay taxes on their income as it is a requirement for proof if they wish to attempt to become a citizen in the future (estimated 50% do those by taxes sent in from ITN and fake SSNs).  here's the law if you wish to read.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/senate-bill/744/text

https://www.thoughtco.com/illegal-immigrants-and-tax-estimates-3321604 - small article on it.  I am more than certain we spend more money on lazy Americans than illegals.   Id rather have my share of taxes used for welfare go to illegals than the lazy Americans who just don't want to work and do the bare minimum to obtain welfare. (the ones I know are all behind Trump, I guess sticking the blame on others makes them feel better)

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/09/undocumented-immigrants-and-taxes/499604/

So you say the wall is racist and won't work.  What's YOUR solution to keeping out the caravans of people attempting to enter the US illegally?

Work with them and allow them to submit their asylum cases as our Constitution allows.  Fix the immigration processes that are in place so people wouldn't have to wait so long to enter legally, which really discourages it.

As for border, add more border patrol.  Add more drones, it will create a lot more employment than a pointless wall that will be like the current walls in place already, have shown to be ineffective with keeping drugs out of the country. (note, the Cartel de Gulfo HQ is across the border from Brownsville Texas, strange they're still active and HQ is that close to the U.S)

What's the big issue if someone wants to better their family and many times, their kids lives?  Many say they will do everything for their children, but when someone hikes across the country from a very poor, life-threatening condition to better the life of them and their children, they get bashed.  lol, ok.

P.S again, majority of illegal immigrants come on visa and let them expire. a wall can't stop that. and 2/3rds of current illegals have been here for over 10 years.   Wall wont deport anyone, it may prevent a small number from entering, but anyone inside the country is still here.  Hiring increased personal for ICE, Customs, Border patrol, etc. would be far more effective in achieving this walls goal.

Should also note my fiancés brother is an tax paying "immigrant" using an ITN (Hopes to earn a place under DREAM act, brought by their father at age 13) but I'm glad I'm not only using him for my claim of them paying taxes

And again.... Trump had the power of senate, house, and white house for 2 years... if his wall is going to be "that" effective why isn't it already being built?  Because even some republicans doubt it.

Edited by Russel1995

Timeline

side note:

Why not offer that 2/3rds of illegals that been here for 10+ years citizenship?  Just like that, they show proof they been here for 10 years, no criminal records, they get their SSNs, then they all start paying taxes which is the big issue with illegals.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Russel1995 said:

side note:

Why not offer that 2/3rds of illegals that been here for 10+ years citizenship?  Just like that, they show proof they been here for 10 years, no criminal records, they get their SSNs, then they all start paying taxes which is the big issue with illegals.

That has been done in the past, it is called amnesty, and it usually is accompanied by promises to secure the border.  The interesting thing is that the border security usually gets back benched in the end.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
19 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Image may contain: meme and text

Prisons work because of the staffing in them in a small place.

When understaffed, or minimal staffed prisons, walls don't always work. Determined people find the way around, or under, or over.  Heck, with poor personal they can go right through.

in 2013, 2001 prisoners escaped from minimal security prisons/state prisons..  again, not enough staff (federal prisons had none, you know.. the high security prisons?). just as the current border agents and patrol,

13 minutes ago, Russel1995 said:

side note:

Why reward someone for breaking the law?  The USA is a land of rules and laws that are actually enforced, compared to some 3rd world country that has rules and laws but they are not enforced. 

The flip side is this would disrupt the political system in the USA for a decade or so and make it lean heavily to the democratic side as well

And as someone else stated it has been done before.  All it does is to provide incentive to others to come and hopefully they will get amnesty.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.