Chris Duffy

Building a Wall on our Southern Border [merged]

210 posts in this topic

As I have said before he can and should take money from the defense budget to build it and have the military do the construction. My brother is in an engineering unit and they are very fast and efficient at building things. Especially under fire in Afghanistan.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

1 hour ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

And the government has raised nothing for the wall. Looks like private enterprise is more efficient.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It'll take forever to raise $5B.  More efficient to mass-protest in D.C. and get the cowards to capitulate.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 minute ago, TBoneTX said:

It'll take forever to raise $5B.  More efficient to mass-protest in D.C. and get the cowards to capitulate.

The cowards are leaving for Christmas break in hours. Next year the President will have even less to work with Dems in the house. He should have taken the 20 billion Schumer offered earlier, some dealmaker.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

He'll find a way to get it done.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 12/19/2018 at 6:03 AM, Chris Duffy said:

Why would anyone be opposed to this?  This is sorely needed.  Cost is cheap compared to what we loose and have to spend on Illegal aliens.  Think how much less crime and poverty we would have if had a wall.

Right now if you get deported for a crime or whatever, you can be back in Dallas area in less than two weeks, it's like a paid vacation if you get deported.

Environmental damage, won't stop illegals or drugs for that matter, and it will require taking over private land, without the consent of the owners. 

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
15 hours ago, refugee said:

Well it looks like Nancy Pelosi is right when she told Trump that his Republican House can't muster the votes to pay for it.

Say what?

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Satisfied said:

Forgive me for touching on a topic in another thread, but I'd like to ask your opinion, good Sir...

Do most doctors get into practice to help others, or to make a good living?

Yes, I saw that but didn't reply because I've been so busy making A LOT of money...LOL

Honestly there should be a good balance of both.  Few people (if they knew what they were getting into) would go through medical or dental school if they did not think they would make a good living.  A lot of years and a lot of stress and a lot of money invested just to get the degree.  However, if you do all that and do not have the desire to actually help others you are going to be one of those doctors that has the horrible reputation.   

Then you end up having to find a wife from Russia....

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Neonred said:

Say what?

What CR was passed in the house?

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Filed: Timeline
51 minutes ago, Neonred said:

Yes, I saw that but didn't reply because I've been so busy making A LOT of money...LOL

Honestly there should be a good balance of both.  Few people (if they knew what they were getting into) would go through medical or dental school if they did not think they would make a good living.  A lot of years and a lot of stress and a lot of money invested just to get the degree.  However, if you do all that and do not have the desire to actually help others you are going to be one of those doctors that has the horrible reputation.   

Then you end up having to find a wife from Russia....

Thank you for your analysis.  Respect to you for the time spent getting to where you could actually make a profit.  

Actually, I think it is (normal) human nature to help others.  The majority have that “gene” in us.  But some want to help people more, by making more money helping them, if that makes sense.  

Timeline
26 minutes ago, refugee said:

What CR was passed in the house?

Update, a CR was passed 2 hours ago and sent to the Senate and it included 5 billion for "the wall"