25 posts in this topic

On 12/19/2018 at 4:29 AM, Jer1234 said:

Did my interview yesterday at the Kingston consulate in Jamaica.it was going good because I really love my wife and know everything about her . I was given a temporaly refusal paper (221g)they said we needed more evidence of bonified marriage like more photos and chat logs ..I brought about 12 photos of us.. wedding n honey moon photos included ..gift receipts ..n Western Union receipts between us..they said my wife should email them and let them know when we can come in together?they kept my passport n documents  my wife is currently working at nights n going school in the day ..plus taking care of her mom that has kidney disease and one leg...would really appreciate some good advice ..been married for 1 year n 7months..known each other for 2.5 years n she visited twice ...please help

This is not a bad thing.  They kept the passport.  Do what they want.  Did the beneficiary change their name?  Was that reflected in a new passport?  Has the beneficiary been added to health insurance?  There are a lot of ways to prove bona fide relationship.  If it is bona fide you shouldn't haver a problem.  This is just a delay, not a refusal.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, John & Rose said:

This is not a bad thing.  They kept the passport.  Do what they want.  Did the beneficiary change their name?  Was that reflected in a new passport?  Has the beneficiary been added to health insurance?  There are a lot of ways to prove bona fide relationship.  If it is bona fide you shouldn't haver a problem.  This is just a delay, not a refusal.

Thanks for your reply ..the benificiary (me/husband) so the passport part wouldn't be necessary..n no am not on her health insurance . I don't know if that's possible I don't av a social security number..I will check thou ..thank you though appreciate the positive comments.just wanted to start 2019 together..

5 minutes ago, Jer1234 said:

Thanks for your reply ..the benificiary (me/husband) so the passport part wouldn't be necessary..n no am not on her health insurance . I don't know if that's possible I don't av a social security number..I will check thou ..thank you though appreciate the positive comments.just wanted to start 2019 together..

My wife, the beneficiary and her kids don’t have SSNs but they are on my work insurance. I just needed to show the marriage certificate. 

My wife chaged her her name on her Philippine passport too. I think that should help us prove bona fide. That can work both ways if the beneficiary is the husband, the USC wife can change her name and passport. 

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Hijacked post removed.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

In my experience this should end well.  The embassy gave my fiance a 221g and requested me to come to the embassy for more proof as well.  I made arrangements and flew to Jamaica 3 weeks later.  Our interview was at 7am on a Monday morning and we were in and out of the embassy by 8am.  I truly feel if the embassy wanted to deny your visa they would have given your passport back and denied you and not make your wife waste her time to fly out.  Once I reached the embassy I realized that they really just wanted to see me and make sure this is real.  It was obvious and his visa was quickly approved and he picked it up from the embassy 2 days later so he could fly home with me.  Good luck to you!

Timeline
On 12/27/2018 at 12:27 PM, Jenny17655 said:

In my experience this should end well.  The embassy gave my fiance a 221g and requested me to come to the embassy for more proof as well.  I made arrangements and flew to Jamaica 3 weeks later.  Our interview was at 7am on a Monday morning and we were in and out of the embassy by 8am.  I truly feel if the embassy wanted to deny your visa they would have given your passport back and denied you and not make your wife waste her time to fly out.  Once I reached the embassy I realized that they really just wanted to see me and make sure this is real.  It was obvious and his visa was quickly approved and he picked it up from the embassy 2 days later so he could fly home with me.  Good luck to you!

Thank u so much it's a relief..she won't be here until month end ..just keep fingers cross .HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL..BLESSINGS N ALOT OF LOVE FOR 2019

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/2/2019 at 6:18 PM, Jer1234 said:

Thank u so much it's a relief..she won't be here until month end ..just keep fingers cross .HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL..BLESSINGS N ALOT OF LOVE FOR 2019

What's going on with your case now???? 

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Jenny17655 said:

What's going on with your case now???? 

Hey .. follow up interview was set for this month.  Wife will be here very soon:)... thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Visa in hand... the MORE EVIDENCE the better.... separated us n ask 20 questions each...to c if we had d same answer... She was very nice:).. as long as your relationship is genuine...u will have no problems..got d visa In hand same day... thanks for the help guys:)

Edited by Jer1234

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
17 hours ago, Jer1234 said:

Visa in hand... the MORE EVIDENCE the better.... separated us n ask 20 questions each...to c if we had d same answer... She was very nice:).. as long as your relationship is genuine...u will have no problems..got d visa In hand same day... thanks for the help guys:)

Congratulations!  I'm now seeing this thread and I'm very happy things worked out!  In Guyana, it is strongly recommended that the petitioner accompanies the beneficiary to the interview.

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.