Cmptrsdeal

Turnaround Time on Issuing Passport

36 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cmptrsdeal said:

Just was curious about the turnaround time from getting approved at the interview to receiving the physical passport?  Thank you!

If getting delivered by 2go then 2 to 3 weeks depending where the applicant lives

YMMV

2 minutes ago, Cmptrsdeal said:

Just was curious about the turnaround time from getting approved at the interview to receiving the physical passport?  Thank you!

It all depends in reality because every case is different. It could be a matter of days or weeks. 

Timeline
Just now, Cyberfx1024 said:

It all depends in reality because every case is different. It could be a matter of days or weeks. 

According to the embassy website 5 business is minimum to being issued then delivery timv

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

According to the embassy website 5 business is minimum to being issued then delivery timv

Ok thank you.  She's in Gensan, so I know that would take time to get to there. 

12 minutes ago, payxibka said:

10 minutes ago, Cmptrsdeal said:

Ok thank you.  She's in Gensan, so I know that would take time to get to there. 

Just understand that it could be Approved at the interview but then undergo AP for a short amount of time as well. 

Also if it's Metropolitan GenSan then it won't take a long time, but if it's further out in the country then yes it could take a longer amount of time. At that point in time it's faster going to pick the visa up in the 2go office in GenSan than wait for them to delivery it. 

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Just understand that it could be Approved at the interview but then undergo AP for a short amount of time as well. 

Also if it's Metropolitan GenSan then it won't take a long time, but if it's further out country then yes it could take a longer amount of time. At that point in time it's faster going to pick the visa up in the 2go office in GenSan than wait for them to delivery it. 

Exactly,  2go may only make one trip a week into the boondocks 

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Also if it's Metropolitan GenSan then it won't take a long time, but if it's further out country then yes it could take a longer amount of time. At that point in time it's faster going to pick the visa up in the 2go office in GenSan than wait for them to delivery it. 

going to pick it up, is that something we have to notify 2go right away so they don't try to delivery it or we will have time to go pick it up before it's delivered as long as we watch tracking?

3 minutes ago, Cmptrsdeal said:

going to pick it up, is that something we have to notify 2go right away so they don't try to delivery it or we will have time to go pick it up before it's delivered as long as we watch tracking?

I know when my wife's was being delivered to her the local 2Go office actually called her because she lives in a remote province 3 hours from Davao City saying that they would deliver it the next week due to her location. So she just choose to pick it up the next day herself by bus. 

So I would have her contact the local 2go office as soon as you have the tracking information. Tell them to hold on to it you know. 

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I know when my wife's was being delivered to her the local 2Go office actually called her because she lives in a remote province 3 hours from Davao City saying that they would deliver it the next week due to her location. So she just choose to pick it up the next day herself by bus. 

So I would have her contact the local 2go office as soon as you have the tracking information. Tell them to hold on to it you know. 

ok,  yea she lives like 5-10 minutes from the Gensan airport.  not sure if that's too far out.

5 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Thanks again for the info! 

6 minutes ago, Cmptrsdeal said:

You do have an option to pick it up but I believe that has to be arranged for pretty early. They will give you paperwork at the embassy after the interview if you did not give the delivery address when you set the interview up.  Looking at your timeline you haven't set the interview yet so you have time to figure out what is best. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

6 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

You do have an option to pick it up but I believe that has to be arranged for pretty early. They will give you paperwork at the embassy after the interview if you did not give the delivery address when you set the interview up.  Looking at your timeline you haven't set the interview yet so you have time to figure out what is best. 

That's only usually reserved for Metro Manila not for the Provinces unfortunately. But usually when the local office gets a package out in the province they will call you to let you know that they received it and when would be a good time to bring it by. If it is even more remote then they will tell you "We will be in your area on December XX so we will deliver your package at that point in time". 

7 minutes ago, Cmptrsdeal said:

ok,  yea she lives like 5-10 minutes from the Gensan airport.  not sure if that's too far out.

Thanks again for the info! 

If it's that close to the airport then I wouldn't worry about it to much.  I have never been GenSan at all, but I do plan on going next year when we go back to the Philippines. 

1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

That's only usually reserved for Metro Manila not for the Provinces unfortunately. But usually when the local office gets a package out in the province they will call you to let you know that they received it and when would be a good time to bring it by. If it is even more remote then they will tell you "We will be in your area on December XX so we will deliver your package at that point in time". 

I guess that makes sense.  Some of those provinces have areas that are very remote.  I have to keep reminding myself how lucky we are to be in Metro Manila.  There is traffic but everything is close and easy to get to.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Cmptrsdeal said:

Actual approval doesn't happen until after the interview ..  ;)  

When CEAC status shows ISSUED then the visa is on its way to be printed/packaged/shipped .. from there it can be 5-10 business days.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I guess that makes sense.  Some of those provinces have areas that are very remote.  I have to keep reminding myself how lucky we are to be in Metro Manila.  There is traffic but everything is close and easy to get to.

And the airport is just a quick grab ride away .. then you can go to any of the "fun islands" to be a tourist  :)  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.