Tundemoses377

K1 fiancée visa

24 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, here is my question. I applied for UK visit visa last year but to prove  national ties, i  said i was married with two kids,and presented a marriage certificate which wasn't real. The application was denied for account reasons.

But now,  I met and have been dating a US citizen for 10 months now. Infact she has visited me in nigeria once. But my worries are; will the US embassy contact the British embassy and eventually come across the marriage certificate i presented to the uk embassy then?.

Do they share biographic data?.I have never applied at the us embassy before and never truely been married.

Should I tell them i was married and divorced or come out fresh?

Thanks and God bless us all.

I'm not aware of anything specifically that would grant them access to that visa application from the UK. But is it possible they will know? Yes.

You tell them the truth. Always.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Tundemoses377 said:

Hello everyone, here is my question. I applied for UK visit visa last year but to prove  national ties, i  said i was married with two kids,and presented a marriage certificate which wasn't real. The application was denied for account reasons.

But now,  I met and have been dating a US citizen for 10 months now. Infact she has visited me in nigeria once. But my worries are; will the US embassy contact the British embassy and eventually come across the marriage certificate i presented to the uk embassy then?.

Do they share biographic data?.I have never applied at the us embassy before and never truely been married.

Should I tell them i was married and divorced or come out fresh?

Thanks and God bless us all.

I'm not sure if they share information but situations have come up like this before.  Men have had to come up with proof of not being married before and/or a divorce certificate because of a marriage being mentioned at some point in time.   I would definitely be prepared to show proof if this were to come up.  You have to be completely honest.  Hiding information can result in the denial of your visa or worse.  Nigeria is a difficult embassy you should be expecting anything.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 minutes ago, geowrian said:

I'm not aware of anything specifically that would grant them access to that visa application from the UK. But is it possible they will know? Yes.

You tell them the truth. Always.

I feel super stupid for asking this question but I will.

so if someone as they would have had to go to the UK related embassy in his country, this information isn't shared through all the embassy, that are present in his country?

wouldn't one think that if someone applied to get a visa from one embassy, that the information would be shared across all in the event of visa shopping?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well they certainly share information with Canada and I am sure some information is shared with the UK,  how much I do not know.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

5 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I feel super stupid for asking this question but I will.

so if someone as they would have had to go to the UK related embassy in his country, this information isn't shared through all the embassy, that are present in his country?

wouldn't one think that if someone applied to get a visa from one embassy, that the information would be shared across all in the event of visa shopping?

There's known to be an agreement between the US and Canada to share this kind of information and there are agreements between the US and other nations to share security-related information.

Is there more info they have access to? Probably. But unless you have inside info, there's no way to know exactly what they can or cannot see.

It is very possible that a background check could reveal the claimed marriage.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just now, geowrian said:

There's known to be an agreement between the US and Canada to share this kind of information and there are agreements between the US and other nations to share security-related information.

Is there more info they have access to? Probably. But unless you have inside info, there's no way to know exactly what they can or not.

It is very possible that a background check could reveal the claimed marriage.

I would be okay to assume, that since he only lied on the UK application misrepresentation wouldn't apply to the say k1 or CR1 depending on the route they went since his lie was not with the USA.

however coming up with a divorce decree that was and will never be valid would pose a problem if said false marriage was discovered, if he attempts to pass a fake divorce decree then it would cause an issue.

14 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

So you applied to go to UK just last year and lied to get a immigration benefit. Then you meet a US citizen and you started a relationship.

Is she aware that you were trying to go to UK and you lied to try to get there? Looks to me and probably a CO Visa shopping for sure.

Will they may or may not cross check. You choose to roll the dice. 

But why the big lie to visit UK or did you have someone up there you trying to see also?

Thanks for your response, she is aware about my uk application which dint work out.it was just a visit application to see a friend. I do not have a problem with her as she can understand.

What i don't know is should i present a divorce certificate at the us embassy or come out plain?. I also know that deception is a serious crime.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You have a Divorce Certificate?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

4 minutes ago, Tundemoses377 said:

Thanks for your response, she is aware about my uk application which dint work out.it was just a visit application to see a friend. I do not have a problem with her as she can understand.

What i don't know is should i present a divorce certificate at the us embassy or come out plain?. I also know that deception is a serious crime. 

How would you present a divorce certificate/document for a marriage that never happened?

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Tundemoses377 said:

You present the truth.  Not difficult.  

It's stupid to even think about presenting a fake divorce certificate for a fake marriage certificate.  

If you know that deception is a serious crime, then why are you asking if you should present a fake divorce certificate?  If you know, then you shouldn't have to ask if you should deceive the US Embassy.

Learn from the last time that you lied at an embassy.  Don't do it again.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You're rushing things here.  Slow down.  Are you even engaged to the US citizen?  Focus on the relationship, work on developing it, lots of visits to see each other, to know if you are compatible and if this will even work out.  One visit is not enough to know each other, and you are in a difficult country where you will be scrutinized every step of the way.  You will need lots of evidence to be successful and that takes time.  If you do get to the step of applying for a US K1 or CR1 visa, months or years down the relationship road, then just answer all questions on forms and in interviews honestly.  You are not married, you are not divorced, so don't say that you are as it would be lying.  No US visa forms or COs will ask "have you ever lied on a UK visa application before?"  Put that behind you and don't lie anymore.  Does the US have access to UK visa application records?  That is impossible to answer, but in the age of digital records anything could happen.  Just don't misrepresent yourself anymore, be honest, especially to your love interest.  And work on your relationship first.  If your past lie is discovered by a US agency, then you'll have to face the consequences, but you sound like you're worrying too much about something that might never happen if you don't have a real relationship with this US person.  Does she know about your UK lie?  Are you completely honest with her?  Focus more on her and your relationship with her and less on the immigration issues right now.

He will be required to get a police certificate from the UK and I believe the UK does have an agreement to share some information.  At a minimum he will be required to state that he was in the UK.

I would just move forward with the US K-1 HONESTLY.  No fake documents.  If by chance they do question your marriage you are facing some huge challenges.  Those may be challenges in the UK, not the US as long as you are honest going forward.  You committed visa fraud to illegally enter the UK.  They may ban you for that.  I am not sure what the US would do since you are not committing visa fraud here.  

There was a similar situation here a few months ago when a person used a fake marriage license on her third attempt at a US tourist visa.  Now she was looking to do a K-1 and I believe they hit a brick wall.  She couldn't get a divorce from a marriage that didn't take place so her only options were to commit more visa fraud (fake divorce or death) or give up on the K-1.  I believe they gave up on the K-1 because they would almost certainly be facing a ban if they attempted to lie out of the original lie.  

As bad as we feel for you, almost all of us are doing this with strict adherence to the law.  I wish you the best but committing visa fraud and trying to get us to help you around that does hurt a little.  

What I can say is do not commit more fraud for the US visa.  Take your chances and be very honest.  If they find out about the fraud then you can face that challenge.  Right now focus on getting a legal K-1.  Good luck.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

He will be required to get a police certificate from the UK and I believe the UK does have an agreement to share some information.  At a minimum he will be required to state that he was in the UK.

Visa denied,  never made it to the UK 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.