PazAndAnas

Anyone still waiting for interview that file Dec 2017?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi: 

out cased was received by USICS on 12/27/18 and the NVC as of 8/21/18. Has anyone received an interview date within this time line? Also how important are visits for approval? Due to my job I get limited vacation days so I haven’t been able to go visit as much as I would like. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

time together as we refer it "face time" is very important

embassy CO looks at a week or 10 days as vacation and not enough time to know the person

many of us have made 3 or 4 and more trips 

i had 5 all over a month 

how many did  u make?

how long were u there?

i find this interesting as another member thought things would happen faster and i said at least a year for K1

Timeline

Visits last 8 days at the most. My job only allowed 8 consecutive days off at a time. I can’t afford to loose my job to stay longer time unfortunately. I’m planning the 3 trip down next month as we still haven’t heard anything, but I can only go for a week. 

I though we would at at least have an interview date for sometime next month by now. But so far we’re reaching the one year since we filed and nothing yet.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Have you contacted the consulate yet (via email) to inquire about the interview date?

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, PazAndAnas said:

Visits last 8 days at the most. My job only allowed 8 consecutive days off at a time. I can’t afford to loose my job to stay longer time unfortunately. I’m planning the 3 trip down next month as we still haven’t heard anything, but I can only go for a week. 

I though we would at at least have an interview date for sometime next month by now. But so far we’re reaching the one year since we filed and nothing yet.

the 3 trips will help

never was sure how they expect more of us when most have to work to earn the income they want for support

i think u meant case recd by USCIS 2017 not 2018

did he get instructions to do the medical exam and 2 criminal and schedule interview?

good luck 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 minutes ago, PazAndAnas said:

Hi: 

out cased was received by USICS on 12/27/18 and the NVC as of 8/21/18. Has anyone received an interview date within this time line? Also how important are visits for approval? Due to my job I get limited vacation days so I haven’t been able to go visit as much as I would like. 

wow are in person visits in a high fraud country important, a friend on a CR1 was rejected at first and put into AP, and then asked for a second interview, and she lived with her husband in Morocco for over a year, and had multiple trips.

each case is different, and there are of course many factors that go into a CO's decision.

face time

age difference

language barriers

religion difference--at least some have been asked this at interview

family approval

K1 interviews are done visa the website where you schedule the document return? 

Timeline

5 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

Have you contacted the consulate yet (via email) to inquire about the interview date?

Yes, I got the auto response and nothing back from them. 

Timeline

still 

has he received the notice to do medical exam and the 2 criminal reports?

the  Fiche Anthropometrique and a Casier Judiciaire from the Central Police station 

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

wow are in person visits in a high fraud country important, a friend on a CR1 was rejected at first and put into AP, and then asked for a second interview, and she lived with her husband in Morocco for over a year, and had multiple trips.

each case is different, and there are of course many factors that go into a CO's decision.

face time

age difference

language barriers

religion difference--at least some have been asked this at interview

family approval

K1 interviews are done visa the website where you schedule the document return? 

yes for morocco face time is very important but your friend lived with spouse so la mochkila

Timeline
1 minute ago, adil-rafa said:

yes for morocco face time is very important but your friend lived with spouse so la mochkila

what I mean is they were rejected even though they had lived together, for a year meaning that even that much time spent together, the CO still found a problem with their case.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

what I mean is they were rejected even though they had lived together, for a year meaning that even that much time spent together, the CO still found a problem with their case.

it is morocco

they want to see comminging of assests for CR1

not needed for other countries until they are here together in the US

but i had to apply for his ITIN,  add him to my tax returns,  bank account,  deed to my house 

to get approved

morocco is more than hard 

we have to do things other embassys don't ask for

not just prove we are married 

Timeline
1 minute ago, adil-rafa said:

it is morocco

they want to see comminging of assests for CR1

not needed for other countries until they are here together in the US

but i had to apply for his ITIN,  add him to my tax returns,  bank account,  deed to my house 

to get approved

morocco is more than hard 

we have to do things other embassys don't ask for

not just prove we are married 

I was talking about the face time, they lived together, had time to get to know each other and were still rejected along with all the other evidence provided, as the CO told them they had not enough time together.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I was talking about the face time, they lived together, had time to get to know each other and were still rejected along with all the other evidence provided, as the CO told them they had not enough time together.

I hope they fought this and are together now

how can a year not be enough time?

was this CO even looking at the proofs?

Timeline
Just now, adil-rafa said:

I hope they fought this and are together now

how can a year not be enough time?

was this CO even looking at the proofs?

they did fight it took them 6 months but they finally got a second interview, and he came in already I think

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

they did fight it took them 6 months but they finally got a second interview, and he came in already I think

thank God

elhamdo lellah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.