akfamilyjourney

Patient Summary Care Record for K1

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
35 minutes ago, theafons said:

I am not asking to go into records and separate. May be this is how it is in US, but it is different in UK.

access of records means you have to go into files  and "by hand"  separate what yo want from what you don't want and copy for you

or go into a computer and do the same

there are only 2 ways to do this

by hand or computer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

access of records means you have to go into files  and "by hand"  separate what yo want from what you don't want and copy for you

or go into a computer and do the same

there are only 2 ways to do this

by hand or computer

Disagree. Summary Care Record is different to a Full Medical History.

Timeline
35 minutes ago, thatguyuknow said:

I don't know. I'd start first by speaking with the practice manager if that can't be resolved write a letter to the practice or NHS England and take it from there. If you're not happy you can go further, probably get your MP involved or a ombudsman.

If I were you I'd speak to the practice manager and show them your handout from Knightsbridge for what documents are requested and see what they say. I'd ask about the fee attached to a Subject access request for patient summary.

Then if that didn't get me anywhere I'd pay the £25 and leave it there.

I will book an appointment with GP personally tomorrow and take it from there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
15 minutes ago, theafons said:

Just wait for somebody from UK to answer you. Not sure why Morocco gets into a NHS conversation in the UK regional forum anyway. There is a thread already with the example in this forum. It all depends on your practice. Some make it harder.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, theafons said:

I have a feeling they don't understand what I am asking for and will print me the full medical history I do not need. What is a Subject access request?

Here's the thread with photo. 

Just now, theafons said:
1 hour ago, theafons said:

show to the GP just in case.

I honestly wouldn't waste my GPz time with this :( . This is an admin issue, you should sort it out with their clerical staff, that's what they're for. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I understand where you are coming from but you will be in for a really nasty shock when you come to the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi guys!

Just to update you all with medical summary redord.

I went to see local GP,  took blood test fo free to see if I actually need any extra Immunization shots. It usually takes 5 days for the results to come back to the surgery and for them to appear on your system or medical summary later.

We agreed it would be better for the Knightsbridge clinic to deceide if they require any extra vaccinations, as I'm up to date with everything that required by UK.

In terms of medical summary record. I went back in about a week after I took blood test.

I filled out the form below along with the printed request letter I created a day before.

In a week and a half I collected the summary record at reception. Thay didn't charge me anything.

IMG_1711.JPG

Screenshot 2019-01-09 at 22.26.19.png

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

I am having so many issues with my practice at the moment, already paid £20 and they supplied me with something I did not ask for, they just wrote a letter saying they consent to sharing my records with a third party!! As well as that not being the Summary Care Record I explicitly asked for, the sharing of my information is not theirs to consent! II was very clear about the patient summary, going in to ty and get it sorted tomorrow morning but I am not holding out much hope 🤬 I have all the other documents!! 

16 hours ago, awestney said:

I am having so many issues with my practice at the moment, already paid £20 and they supplied me with something I did not ask for, they just wrote a letter saying they consent to sharing my records with a third party!! As well as that not being the Summary Care Record I explicitly asked for, the sharing of my information is not theirs to consent! II was very clear about the patient summary, going in to ty and get it sorted tomorrow morning but I am not holding out much hope 🤬 I have all the other documents!! 

I also had an absolute nightmare with my GP surgery when i was going through my K1.

I would suggest showing a receptionist/secretary this information from the official Visa Medicals website to prove what it is you require.

It baffles me how none of the NHS run GP surgeries dont sing from the same hymn sheet when it comes to this stuff!

FD9E8CD1-DA15-4532-90ED-C3A7F404A6CE.png

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

On 12/18/2018 at 1:56 PM, theafons said:

I have just contacted my local GP Surgery to ask for my medical summary and they said it will cost me around £25 pounds for them to access the medical records even though I am not requesting the full medical history from them.

Would you please advise me on how to deal with them and if it cost you anything to get the summary? What did your medical summary look like? Any input would be helpful.

Thank you!

I personally went to my GP before calling/asking a receptionist as sometimes they see themselves as the gatekeepers so to speak. 

When I walked in, he chuckled updated some information for me and pointed me back to the reception and they printed it out, along with my vaccination records. A lot of NHS surgeries do not have the correct licencing to charge for anything for NHS patients (surgery depending ofcourse). 

Fast forward 3 months (thursday 7th) I walked in with no call etc, asked for 3 patient summary print outs and vaccinations (1 for this whole process recording, 1 for the medical people and 1 for my personal medical files) and 5 minutes later I walked out with them. 

Best thing you can do is pop in and see the GP, ensure to let him/her know it's a requirement for immigration purposes (I managed to get all vaccinations also, using this excluding the flu jab). 

The summary isn't much at all, mine showed my last 3 visits to the doctor (all visa related gunk...I don't go to the docs), asthma, height, age, repeat medication, allergies and if I had any "Major/Minor" ongoing things, so it's not much at all. 

Wow, sorry I rambled.

Edited by LukeU

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

9 hours ago, LukeU said:

I personally went to my GP before calling/asking a receptionist as sometimes they see themselves as the gatekeepers so to speak. 

When I walked in, he chuckled updated some information for me and pointed me back to the reception and they printed it out, along with my vaccination records. A lot of NHS surgeries do not have the correct licencing to charge for anything for NHS patients (surgery depending ofcourse). 

Fast forward 3 months (thursday 7th) I walked in with no call etc, asked for 3 patient summary print outs and vaccinations (1 for this whole process recording, 1 for the medical people and 1 for my personal medical files) and 5 minutes later I walked out with them. 

Best thing you can do is pop in and see the GP, ensure to let him/her know it's a requirement for immigration purposes (I managed to get all vaccinations also, using this excluding the flu jab). 

The summary isn't much at all, mine showed my last 3 visits to the doctor (all visa related gunk...I don't go to the docs), asthma, height, age, repeat medication, allergies and if I had any "Major/Minor" ongoing things, so it's not much at all. 

Wow, sorry I rambled.

Your lucky you got to see a GP to ask for it! My GP surgery refused point blank to make me an appointment for summary/letter. Your surgery seems nice, or not as busy (hahaha yeah right, NHS is stretched, worked for them, grateful for them though!)

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

9 hours ago, Meisha&Jake said:

Your lucky you got to see a GP to ask for it! My GP surgery refused point blank to make me an appointment for summary/letter. Your surgery seems nice, or not as busy (hahaha yeah right, NHS is stretched, worked for them, grateful for them though!)

It's always tough when admin decide you shouldn't have an appointment. Just lie haha! 

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.