cmh

USCIS appointment

4 posts in this topic

Whenever I check https://my.uscis.gov/en/appointment/us to book an appointment it says there are no available appointments for the next 14 days so to try again tomorrow. My wife and I need to make an appointment with USCIS because the agents aren’t able to help with our case over the phone. We asked over the phone about making an appointment for us but they could not as they apparently used the same system and there weren’t any appointments available. Seems like there’s a major flaw with the appointment system if it’s not broken altogether. Tips?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from General Immigration Discussion to the USCIS Service Centers forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Now the office says ‘Please select your appointment time forWednesday, December 19th’ but there are no appointment times visible and no way to change to another day or week. The other two offices listed for my zip code had still said the usual ‘Currently, there are no available appointments. Please check again tomorrow.’ except one now has an appointment time available but it’s in an hour and it takes about an hour and a half to travel there at best. I called USCIS to get help on finding an appointment and as usual the agent was clueless, both about the appointment system and who to make a complaint to regarding the appointment system. The only recommendation he had was to try earlier in the day but I’ve tried at times like 4am, 5am up to the usual starting hours like 8am and 9am and the same message always shows. Has anyone here ever gotten an appointment with USCIS? On a side note the appointment would be about USCIS apparently mixing someone else’s details with ours so if anyone has any tips on circumventing this amazing evidence of professionalism please let us know: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/692344-explain-this-uscis-i765-mixup/

Edited by cmh

Has anyone here managed to get an appointment in the NYC office recently? I think there’s a bug. USCIS told me to check immediately after midnight but I’ve regularly been checking immediately after midnight and throughout the day, yet there are never any appointments available. On 12/20 they claimed that 30 new appointments for 1/3 were released midnight and fully booked 2 minutes later. Really?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.