youandme13

Visa Denied

124 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Hank_ said:

If you are ISSUED  ... it is happy feet dance time!  :dance:  

As for the passport, are you close to the embassy?   If yes then you can head over there.   If not close to the embassy you will need to send it by 2GO .. make sure to have a document with the MNL# to accompany it, if you don't have anything then print out the status page from the CEAC website showing ISSUED!!  and send that with the passport, that will get it linked up with your case file.  

Congrats!!!!

Yes , I'm  so happy ! I didn't  really expect that I can overcome  the refusal since I was told by the consul who interviewed  me that a joint sponsor  won't  work in my case, but it did !!!! And no I'm  not close to the embassy, 

Thanks for the tips ! Very much appreciated 😊

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
28 minutes ago, youandme13 said:

Yes , I'm  so happy ! I didn't  really expect that I can overcome  the refusal since I was told by the consul who interviewed  me that a joint sponsor  won't  work in my case, but it did !!!! And no I'm  not close to the embassy, 

Thanks for the tips ! Very much appreciated 😊

I'm glad you pushed forward with the co-sponsor and I very happy you got your visa!!  :thumbs:  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 1/12/2019 at 6:12 AM, Hank_ said:

I'm glad you pushed forward with the co-sponsor and I very happy you got your visa!!  :thumbs:  

Hi Hank ! I've  sent my passport already and saw they already received it , my case was last updated today , when do u think they will sent it back to me? Are they going to return also all the documents  including  the medical result together  with the passport  aND visa? Thank you for ur answers 😊

Timeline
5 hours ago, youandme13 said:

Hi Hank ! I've  sent my passport already and saw they already received it , my case was last updated today , when do u think they will sent it back to me? Are they going to return also all the documents  including  the medical result together  with the passport  aND visa? Thank you for ur answers 😊

Hard to say when they will send out the package with the visa.  5-10 business days ...   You will get an DO NOT OPEN envelope that will contain your case file along with the passport w/visa.

Weekend is here, embassy isn't open..  

Hope you see your visa very quickly.  :)  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

4 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Hard to say when they will send out the package with the visa.  5-10 business days ...   You will get an DO NOT OPEN envelope that will contain your case file along with the passport w/visa.

Thanks . Yes , I'm  so excited to see it !!

Finally, a happy result! It is good to see one once and a while)))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

On 1/18/2019 at 5:31 PM, Hank_ said:

Hi !! Got my visa today! I'm so happy .  I got 2 visa packets , is that normal?  And theres about immigrant visa fee , just wondering if we had payed that already .. ?

Timeline
1 hour ago, youandme13 said:

Hi !! Got my visa today! I'm so happy .  I got 2 visa packets , is that normal?  And theres about immigrant visa fee , just wondering if we had payed that already .. ?

no two packet aren't normal unless you have a child with your also.  Otherwise one packet is normal. .. interesting.    Did you have lots of evidence .. that may be the reason for two packets, all the documents wouldn't fit in one.

Doubt you paid it as it can't be paid until you get your visa.   You pay the immigrant fee  here:  https://www.uscis.gov/forms/how-pay-uscis-immigrant-fee

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

Did you complete CFO already?   Need the CFO sticker in your passport to exit the Philippines.

To get the sticker CFO will want to see you Immigrant Data Sheet (attached to the DO NOT OPEN envelope, do NOT detach)  plus make a copy .   

https://cfo.gov.ph/gcp.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

no two packet aren't normal unless you have a child with your also.  Otherwise one packet is normal. .. interesting.    Did you have lots of evidence .. that may be the reason for two packets, all the documents wouldn't fit in one.

Doubt you paid it as it can't be paid until you get your visa.   You pay the immigrant fee  here:  https://www.uscis.gov/forms/how-pay-uscis-immigrant-fee

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

Did you complete CFO already?   Need the CFO sticker in your passport to exit the Philippines.

To get the sticker CFO will want to see you Immigrant Data Sheet (attached to the DO NOT OPEN envelope, do NOT detach)  plus make a copy .   

https://cfo.gov.ph/gcp.html

I got two envelopes as well. 

The immigrant fee is for the greencard. You can pay it while you're there or you can pay it when you get here in the US. It's $220. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Noe&Estella said:

I got two envelopes as well. 

The immigrant fee is for the greencard. You can pay it while you're there or you can pay it when you get here in the US. It's $220. 

Two envelopes also .. that is interesting.  What happened with the two envelopes at POE, did the CBP agent tear them both open?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Two envelopes also .. that is interesting.  What happened with the two envelopes at POE, did the CBP agent tear them both open?

He asked me to tear them open and hand them to him.

I don't know maybe lots of evidence like you said lol. He gave me back the photos and kept the rest of the papers.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Noe&Estella said:

He asked me to tear them open and hand them to him.

I don't know maybe lots of evidence like you said lol. He gave me back the photos and kept the rest of the papers.

He asked you to tear them open .. that is funny!   My wife handed the envelope to the agent at POE, he ripped it open with papers scattering all over the counter.   You had all the fun!! :lol:  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

5 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

He asked you to tear them open .. that is funny!   My wife handed the envelope to the agent at POE, he ripped it open with papers scattering all over the counter.   You had all the fun!! :lol:  

Lol I know right. I was hesitant to open at first. I thought maybe I misunderstood but he repeated it. I can imagine the papers scattering all over the counter lol

7 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Are they going to keep all the documents ?  I mean how about the medical result arent we going to see them ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.