youandme13

Visa Denied

124 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Hank_ said:

They only need a copy of their tax return (self employed don't have a W2).  They could order their tax transcript from the IRS and send you that (email it even)  < this would be small, few pages ;)  

As for how long your case file will be at the embassy that is hard to say ...   I would not delay too long regarding sending the co-sponsor support evidence

How about the assets , what assets are acceptable  other  than bank statements?  And can the social security statement be use as proof of income ? 

16 hours ago, Hank_ said:

If the grandson is a dependent (listed on their tax return) then yes he would be included.

Who should be on their I-864s   (not your husband for sure)   The two of them, you, any children you have (if none then zero for that), any children they have still being claimed on their taxes (if none, zero)

You and the two of them = 3

Can i ask if how to sort out assets ? Like if they are going to include their house (since they are selling it now) and 2 of their  cars, how to do it ? Just pUT the value of it ? Or include house and  lot titles as proof ? 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, youandme13 said:

How about the assets , what assets are acceptable  other  than bank statements?  And can the social security statement be use as proof of income ? 

Embassy doesn't look at assets, or bank statements.  Embassy looks for adequate income (gross),  S.S. statement of annual benefits paid is proof of income

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
7 hours ago, youandme13 said:

Can i ask if how to sort out assets ? Like if they are going to include their house (since they are selling it now) and 2 of their  cars, how to do it ? Just pUT the value of it ? Or include house and  lot titles as proof ? 

Embassy doesn't look at assets, they want to see adequate income (gross) to meet the I-864P poverty guidelines.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Embassy doesn't look at assets, or bank statements.  Embassy looks for adequate income (gross),  S.S. statement of annual benefits paid is proof of income

Maybe no assets for the I-134 but this is not the I134

YMMV

20 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Embassy doesn't look at assets, they want to see adequate income (gross) to meet the I-864P poverty 

But it says you can use assets to meet the poverty  guidelines 

Timeline
45 minutes ago, youandme13 said:

But it says you can use assets to meet the poverty  guidelines 

Yup the I-864 does .. for USCIS once in the states.   But I know from previous people interviewing at the embassy that the embassy DOES NOT accept assets.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2018 at 11:00 PM, Hank_ said:

Yup the I-864 does .. for USCIS once in the states.   But I know from previous people interviewing at the embassy that the embassy DOES NOT accept assets.

Hi , we sent the co sponsor  papers and I saw from 2GO website that it was already delivered  last Monday. Do u have to wait for them to contact me or should I sent an email to inquire  about it ? 

Thank you guys , your opinion do matters to me a lot! 

Edited by youandme13

Timeline
7 hours ago, youandme13 said:

Hi , we sent the co sponsor  papers and I saw from 2GO website that it was already delivered  last Monday. Do u have to wait for them to contact me or should I sent an email to inquire  about it ? 

Thank you guys , your opinion do matters to me a lot! 

Now you need to be patient for a while.  Watch for activity on the CEAC website.   If after a week you don't see any activity (date or status change) on CEAC.. then contact the embassy.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 1/9/2019 at 5:58 PM, Hank_ said:

Now you need to be patient for a while.  Watch for activity on the CEAC website.   If after a week you don't see any activity (date or status change) on CEAC.. then contact the embassy.

Good day Hank ! I checked  the status  of my visa and saw it was ISSUED already!  Updated  just yesterday.  But I did not include  my passport  with the documents  we sent , so should I sent it to them? Or I'll  contact  them first? Do u think I will have a second interview?  

Thank  you so much to you and to all who gave me advices on this visa journey  I have. I wasn't  easy , and you guys were all ears to all my questions.  

Timeline
2 minutes ago, youandme13 said:

Good day Hank ! I checked  the status  of my visa and saw it was ISSUED already!  Updated  just yesterday.  But I did not include  my passport  with the documents  we sent , so should I sent it to them? Or I'll  contact  them first? Do u think I will have a second interview?  

Thank  you so much to you and to all who gave me advices on this visa journey  I have. I wasn't  easy , and you guys were all ears to all my questions.  

Secon interview?  No.  If its "issued" it means they have made the decision. 

YMMV

10 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Secon interview?  No.  If its "issued" it means they have made the decision. 

Yay great ! Just having  troubles now about my passport , it's  still with me I didn't  send it together  with the co-sponsor documents  because  I was afraid  it will not return to me if they won't  consider  the additional  papers we sent 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, youandme13 said:

Yay great ! Just having  troubles now about my passport , it's  still with me I didn't  send it together  with the co-sponsor documents  because  I was afraid  it will not return to me if they won't  consider  the additional  papers we sent 

Congrats for your diligence and effort.   It paid a big dividend!!!

YMMV

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Congrats for your diligence and effort.   It paid a big dividend!!!

Thank you so much ! This VisaJourney  page and the people here helped me a lot and encouraged  me . I was so depressed  after  receiving the denial and I almost lost  hope in this visa case, you guys help me to not give up , lay all my cards and give it another try before saying it's  done.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, youandme13 said:

If you are ISSUED  ... it is happy feet dance time!  :dance:  

As for the passport, are you close to the embassy?   If yes then you can head over there.   If not close to the embassy you will need to send it by 2GO .. make sure to have a document with the MNL# to accompany it, if you don't have anything then print out the status page from the CEAC website showing ISSUED!!  and send that with the passport, that will get it linked up with your case file.  

Congrats!!!!

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.