refugee

Mueller Investigation Cost $25 Million So Far, Report Says. It’s Pulled in $48 Million From Tax Cheats

53 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

They do not have to step out of Russia at this point, but our criminal justice system allows them to send representation when they are indicted giving them access to the discovery information per Brady.  It seems that the Mueller team did not expect that hence the request for a delay.

Well I wouldn't know not being a lawyer, but if you are bringing espionage charges , you probably will not just give away the candy store when it will just wind up in Putin's pocket anyway.

that lawyers for Concord Management made a series of discovery requests seeking records, including statements and electronic surveillance of the company's executives and employees,"

In the article posted it does not say that the individuals requested discovery , just Concord.  

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

13 hours ago, refugee said:

Are you saying that the IRS was going to find this money? I doubt it. And if they did they would need the justice department to close the deal and once the broader crimes were uncovered.

The IRS is far more efficient at finding and collecting back taxes I guarantee you that. Had the $25 million been allocated to the IRS to find and recover back taxes they would have recovered far more than $48 million. Therefor Mueller using $25 million to recover $48 million is a net loss. The argument that the investigation has paid for its self doesn't hold water from that point of view. However as others have mentioned the cost of the investigation isn't the primary reason to oppose it. Mueller was appointed under a special prosecutor law that isn't even on the books anymore to investigate a non crime (Russian collusion) without judicial oversight which was required under the now expired special prosecutor law and has exceeded the scope under which he was appointed. Those are just a few of my issues with this "investigation".

56 minutes ago, refugee said:

Well, if any one of these individuals ever steps out of Russia, Interpol can snap them up and bring them to the court in the US where they can make their plea. I doubt we will ever see that.

I doubt we will ever see Mueller turn over the discovery they requested as is required under due process. If he did it would unravel his whole "investigation".

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

The IRS is far more efficient at finding and collecting back taxes I guarantee you that. Had the $25 million been allocated to the IRS to find and recover back taxes they would have recovered far more than $48 million. Therefor Mueller using $25 million to recover $48 million is a net loss. The argument that the investigation has paid for its self doesn't hold water from that point of view. However as others have mentioned the cost of the investigation isn't the primary reason to oppose it. Mueller was appointed under a special prosecutor law that isn't even on the books anymore to investigate a non crime (Russian collusion) without judicial oversight which was required under the now expired special prosecutor law and has exceeded the scope under which he was appointed. Those are just a few of my issues with this "investigation".

I doubt we will ever see Mueller turn over the discovery they requested as is required under due process. If he did it would unravel his whole "investigation".

Amazing how many guilty pleas have come from the "non crime" investigation.

The judge just sent a strong message to Flynn.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
26 minutes ago, refugee said:

Well I wouldn't know not being a lawyer, but if you are bringing espionage charges , you probably will not just give away the candy store when it will just wind up in Putin's pocket anyway.

that lawyers for Concord Management made a series of discovery requests seeking records, including statements and electronic surveillance of the company's executives and employees,"

In the article posted it does not say that the individuals requested discovery , just Concord.  

Concord was one of the entities being indicted, and corporations are able to pay for representation as well.  I agree, Mueller and his team misstepped on this one, they don’t want to give anything to these folks, but apparently they wanted the headlines.  I imagine this case will eventually evaporate as the corporation’s lawyers are not going to go away.

On another note, I was wondering about the cost of the Mueller team.  Why did he need to have such an expensive team to do what he did, couldn’t he have put together a team of JAG lawyers or lower cost non-Washington lawyers and gotten the same results.  Or if Mueller and his team are all about serving the country, why not do it for the same salary as a service person gets?  The Net would have been bigger.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, refugee said:

Flynn should be sentenced to the maximum in my opinion, and the judge should also begin an investigation into the Mueller team.  Best of both worlds.

4 minutes ago, refugee said:

Amazing how it costs upwards of half a million dollars just to start a competent defense in federal court. Its also amazing how people that don't have that kind of money to defend against a process crime have no choice but to take a plea deal rather than face a lengthy prison term. Amazing how that all works isn't it?

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

Amazing how it costs upwards of half a million dollars just to start a competent defense in federal court. Its also amazing how people that don't have that kind of money to defend against a process crime have no choice but to take a plea deal rather than face a lengthy prison term. Amazing how that all works isn't it?

"process crime"? 

Like selling out your country, lying to congress, lying to the FBI, lobbying for foreign interests while influencing American elections, laundering money from activities you are trying to hide from the government , not paying taxes? Those sort of process crimes?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, refugee said:

"process crime"? 

Like selling out your country, lying to congress, lying to the FBI, lobbying for foreign interests while influencing American elections, laundering money from activities you are trying to hide from the government , not paying taxes? Those sort of process crimes?

Flynn lies to Congress?  Or are you talking about Comey?