refugee

Mueller Investigation Cost $25 Million So Far, Report Says. It’s Pulled in $48 Million From Tax Cheats

53 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

If it is actually taken in.  Do you know if it has been received?  Personally, I think another tax break would be the best use if it came in.

How much money was collected in the entire Bengazi investigation?

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

6 minutes ago, refugee said:

ahhh ... different story, the Bengazi investigation limited it's scope to what it was actually chartered to do, it made no attempt to become a generalized witch hunt to just hack and slash at Obama's and HRC intimate circles.  

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

ahhh ... different story, the Bengazi investigation limited it's scope to what it was actually chartered to do, it made no attempt to become a generalized witch hunt to just hack and slash at Obama's and HRC intimate circles.  

So then how did the Bengazi investigation morph into a review of Hillary's emails?

Edit:

One explanation , it was a politically motivated investigation

In a September 29, 2015, Fox TV interview with Sean Hannity, Kevin McCarthy, then in the running for Speaker of the House, said, "Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right? But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she's untrustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened, had we not fought."[28] Many media outlets and Democratic lawmakers interpreted this comment as an admission that the investigation was a partisan political undertaking rather than a substantive inquiry.[29] McCarthy later said his comments should have been phrased more clearly and denied the investigation was overtly political.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investigation_into_the_2012_Benghazi_attack

Edited by refugee

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
26 minutes ago, refugee said:

So you are comparing the investigation of the killing of US citizens including a foreign ambassador to the Mueller investigation of a couple of tax cheats and some process crimes?  Seems like a specious comparison, fraught with partisanship.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

So you are comparing the investigation of the killing of US citizens including a foreign ambassador to the Mueller investigation of a couple of tax cheats and some process crimes?  Seems like a specious comparison, fraught with partisanship.

Not at all, I am saying that: 

The cost of the Mueller investigation is not really a cost and is a partisan argument to derail an embarrassing investigation 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, refugee said:

Not at all, I am saying that: 

The cost of the Mueller investigation is not really a cost and is a partisan argument to derail an embarrassing investigation 

And I have been saying that is only true if the money is actually recovered.  If you can confirm that, then I will agree with you.  Until you confirm it, it is still a drain that really hasn't done what we were told it would be doing, investigating Russian collusion (not specifically only President Trump) with respect to the 2016 election.  Just because they possibly raked in some back taxes in excess of the teams cost does not mean it has been an effective investigation of anything at this point or justify the special prosecutor in the first place.

Btw, you actually are comparing the two investigations with your argument.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

And I have been saying that is only true if the money is actually recovered.  If you can confirm that, then I will agree with you.  Until you confirm it, it is still a drain that really hasn't done what we were told it would be doing, investigating Russian collusion (not specifically only President Trump) with respect to the 2016 election.  Just because they possibly raked in some back taxes in excess of the teams cost does not mean it has been an effective investigation of anything at this point or justify the special prosecutor in the first place.

Not "some back taxes" Money that was illegally laundered, much of it from Russian and Ukrainian sources.

8 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Btw, you actually are comparing the two investigations with your argument.

No I am not, I am pointing out that recovering the cost of the investigation has not been an issue for other investigations 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, refugee said:

Not "some back taxes" Money that was illegally laundered, much of it from Russian and Ukrainian sources.

No I am not, I am pointing out that recovering the cost of the investigation has not been an issue for other investigations 

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/410167-mueller-moves-for-forfeiture-order-to-seize-manafort-assets

To answer the question: 40-46 million dollars in assets have been seized, not sure if they have been sold yet. About half the assets were cash.  

Cohen owes about 2 million in back taxes, unsure if this has been paid yet. 

There are now 17 yes SEVENTEEN separate investigations going on associated with Mango! :lol: Republicans and one third of the country are going to rue the day they defended this guy throughout his Presidency. 

The Trump family will go down in history as the worst crime family in US history ahead of the families associated with the American mafia!

Calling Cohen a rat was a bad call on Mango's part because he's implying Cohen is telling the truth about his shady business dealings! :lol:

Edited by JimandChristy

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

I have never seen a person express more joy than you when you talk of the the president and your hopes for his downfall. 

If you are correct, and he is proven guilty, what's in it for you that causes such Joy for you?

If you think that about the Trump crime family, read up on the Kennedys. 

1 minute ago, Randyandyuni said:

I have never seen a person express more joy than you when you talk of the the president and your hopes for his downfall. 

If you are correct, and he is proven guilty, what's in it for you that causes such Joy for you?

If you think that about the Trump crime family, read up on the Kennedys. 

Because the alarm bells should've been ringing when he refused to release his tax returns and the fact he is under constant audit. His tenure as President has been one big joke, he has been shameful, his behavior has been abhorrent. Policy wise I agree/disagree on some things but I'm sorry I cannot get past how he was elected and how he has behaved during the entire time. It has been an embarrassing time for this nations history. This one big clown show isn't over yet but it's not going to surprise me to see him and his family behind bars in the not too distant future.

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

21 minutes ago, JimandChristy said:

Because the alarm bells should've been ringing when he refused to release his tax returns and the fact he is under constant audit. His tenure as President has been one big joke, he has been shameful, his behavior has been abhorrent. Policy wise I agree/disagree on some things but I'm sorry I cannot get past how he was elected and how he has behaved during the entire time. It has been an embarrassing time for this nations history. This one big clown show isn't over yet but it's not going to surprise me to see him and his family behind bars in the not too distant future.

No, I asked what the source of your joy is? Not your opinion of the man

Filed: Timeline
29 minutes ago, JimandChristy said:

Post your 2017 tax return here, and I’ll get you Trump’s return.

11 hours ago, refugee said:

If you know if someway these audits would reveal and prosecute crimes of this depth and breadth, let's hear it. 

There are multiple talking points being promoted by partisans against the Mueller probe. Addressing them point by point: the argument that the Mueller probe is costly to the taxpayers is now proven false.

9 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

I disagree, unless you have solid evidence that the money has been collected, then Mueller is still a drain.  Dollar figures on paper don't really mean anything.

Even if the money was collected if the IRS could have collected it for less than $25 million it is still a net drain of resources.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Timeline
1 hour ago, jg121783 said:

Even if the money was collected if the IRS could have collected it for less than $25 million it is still a net drain of resources.

Are you saying that the IRS was going to find this money? I doubt it. And if they did they would need the justice department to close the deal and once the broader crimes were uncovered.