Rinny

Uncertain time frame?

16 posts in this topic

Here is my concern..  after uploading all doc’s required by NVC around 11/13/18 we then received an email on 11/19/18 from NVC to my Filipino wife n myself with a scheduled interview date of 12/17/18 at the American embassy.. at that point we knew we had to register online for St Luke’s medical exam for my wife.. she did so and Slec set up exam days first week in December 2018.. well she went and on the 2 nd day they told her she had abnormal chest X-ray.. well I knew right then and there “BOOM”!! We will loose a minimum of two months or more in the exam expiration date.. I dint see a problem at the time until she got back from her 3rd day of sputum culture .. someone there told my wife the clock begins on exam expiration after the 2 months!!! “OH WONDERFUL “ so basically now we have 3 months in lieu of 6 months!! Well unless I am figuring it wrong??? My wife was told come back now February 11th 2019 to get her results of sputum and I guess her shots?? After that they said they would give her the medical packet to take with her to the interview.. well you add that plus reschedule interview.. which we don’t know how long that will take .. my wife said the embassy will give us the next available slot.. well if that is more than two weeks plus waiting for sputum not to mention the length of time it takes Embassy to get my wife’s visa delivered to her and try n book a flight at the last minute I would say we will be down to a matter of a few days for me to get her into the airport in US!!  This is all so unbelievable .. will the embassy consider our time frame to get my wife quickly into the US knowing we have till May 5th 2018 until the medical exam expires and when it does that means we would have to redo the medical all over again with at least three months more delays if not more plus $17025 pesos again!!!  Say it’s not true???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You should be more concerned with your wife's health than about the timeline and money.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~moved to the PI forum, from DCF - The OP is talking about the medical which varies from country to country.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/15/2018 at 6:19 PM, Rinny said:

Here is my concern..  after uploading all doc’s required by NVC around 11/13/18 we then received an email on 11/19/18 from NVC to my Filipino wife n myself with a scheduled interview date of 12/17/18 at the American embassy.. at that point we knew we had to register online for St Luke’s medical exam for my wife.. she did so and Slec set up exam days first week in December 2018.. well she went and on the 2 nd day they told her she had abnormal chest X-ray.. well I knew right then and there “BOOM”!! We will loose a minimum of two months or more in the exam expiration date.. I dint see a problem at the time until she got back from her 3rd day of sputum culture .. someone there told my wife the clock begins on exam expiration after the 2 months!!! “OH WONDERFUL “ so basically now we have 3 months in lieu of 6 months!! Well unless I am figuring it wrong??? My wife was told come back now February 11th 2019 to get her results of sputum and I guess her shots?? After that they said they would give her the medical packet to take with her to the interview.. well you add that plus reschedule interview.. which we don’t know how long that will take .. my wife said the embassy will give us the next available slot.. well if that is more than two weeks plus waiting for sputum not to mention the length of time it takes Embassy to get my wife’s visa delivered to her and try n book a flight at the last minute I would say we will be down to a matter of a few days for me to get her into the airport in US!!  This is all so unbelievable .. will the embassy consider our time frame to get my wife quickly into the US knowing we have till May 5th 2018 until the medical exam expires and when it does that means we would have to redo the medical all over again with at least three months more delays if not more plus $17025 pesos again!!!  Say it’s not true???

Ummm.  The clock begins the day she is given her medical clearance not the first day she shows up at slec.  Not sure what all the pissing and moaning is all about 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, payxibka said:

Ummm.  The clock begins the day she is given her medical clearance not the first day she shows up at slec.  Not sure what all the pissing and moaning is all about 

1st day of the medical is the start time for the 6 month clock..  not once cleared of the medical.

On 12/15/2018 at 7:19 PM, Rinny said:

You're figuring wrong.    6 months from the first week of December is the 1st week of June.   SPUTUM is always a 2 month process (unless the culture turns positive sooner), if the result is positive then there will be 6 months of DOT treatment  << if this happens, upon completion a 2nd medical fee will have to be paid.    If negative then you will have roughly 4 months left to complete the interview, receive the visa and clear POE.

Lastly, if doing SPUTUM St. Luke's normally will send the medical file to the embassy directly, not give it to your wife to hand-carry so allow 5-7 days for delivery.

Unless St. Luke's tells your wife directly that they will reschedule the interview do make sure to call the embassy and get this done.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

1st day of the medical is the start time for the 6 month clock..  not once cleared of the medical.

Where does it say that

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
44 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Where does it say that

Not sure of the "where" anymore, since USEM changed their website a few months back many things are either missing or hard to find,  but I have seen where many that have done SPUTUM or other delays and had limited time to clear POE.    People do not have 6 months of visa validity after completing SPUTUM

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 12/15/2018 at 7:41 PM, icanbenobody said:

im so agree with you

I’ am that’s why I’m trying to get her in the US !!  Btw.. St Luke’s did a smear on her a few days ago came back negative!!  But that won’t change the 8 weeks wait on sputum culture!  Thank you for your comment however I will assure you the money n time is secondary to the health of my wife even though it appeared to you the post was out of line! 

On 12/17/2018 at 5:03 AM, Hank_ said:

You're figuring wrong.    6 months from the first week of December is the 1st week of June.   SPUTUM is always a 2 month process (unless the culture turns positive sooner), if the result is positive then there will be 6 months of DOT treatment  << if this happens, upon completion a 2nd medical fee will have to be paid.    If negative then you will have roughly 4 months left to complete the interview, receive the visa and clear POE.

Lastly, if doing SPUTUM St. Luke's normally will send the medical file to the embassy directly, not give it to your wife to hand-carry so allow 5-7 days for delivery.

Unless St. Luke's tells your wife directly that they will reschedule the interview do make sure to call the embassy and get this done.

Thank you for your advise.. I appreciate all that I can get in navigating this wack-a-mole process!

On 12/17/2018 at 9:17 AM, Hank_ said:

Not sure of the "where" anymore, since USEM changed their website a few months back many things are either missing or hard to find,  but I have seen where many that have done SPUTUM or other delays and had limited time to clear POE.    People do not have 6 months of visa validity after completing SPUTUM

You are correct they don’t! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Rinny said:

I’ am that’s why I’m trying to get her in the US !!  Btw.. St Luke’s did a smear on her a few days ago came back negative!!  But that won’t change the 8 weeks wait on sputum culture!  Thank you for your comment however I will assure you the money n time is secondary to the health of my wife even though it appeared to you the post was out of line! 

The sputum smear tests provide a 90% confidence factor that she does not have active TB cells.  If sputum culture test shows positive for active TB cells (usually known in less than 2 weeks) she will need treatment and no visa will be issued.  The sputum culture test also determines if she has latent TB cells and it's about 2 months for the incubation period.  Hopefully everything will be negative.  Even if all tests have a negative result, she will need to have a TB Gold Test (Quantiferon) when she is in the US.

Edited by gregcrs2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.