Chris Duffy

udge rules Obamacare unconstitutional, endangering coverage for 20 million

113 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 minute ago, jg121783 said:

So what specific example do you have of Republicans opposing something they previously strongly supported because Obama supported it?

This is a no win question, If I find the perfect match you will still say "yes but the Democrats offered amendments"  or some such literal deviation.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

22 minutes ago, refugee said:

This is a no win question, If I find the perfect match you will still say "yes but the Democrats offered amendments"  or some such literal deviation.

Saying I got nothing would be quicker than your  deflection of the year nominee 

3 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Saying I got nothing would be quicker than your  deflection of the year nominee 

Lately, it's all about the dance dont'cha know 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
On 12/17/2018 at 10:29 AM, Lil bear said:

The problems with the Australian system are small compared to the problems with the US system 

IMO, for the US to transition to any form of system like the Australian, it would take the total dismantling of the “ health care industry “ and would result in approximately 7 out of 10 who are currently employed in the sector to have no job moving forward. That just can’t  happen as the consequences of 

such huge changes in employment couldn’t be managed without massive economic hardship for too many people .. therefore it won’t happen. It’s too late. The web created by the health  care industry here is too big, too entangled to be dismantled 

It can't be an overnight transition thats for sure. I think the best approach would be to start a core government system that only applies to something like 5% of a persons healthcare. Over a period of a decade it would grow to 100%. This would allow a slow transfer of employer based funding to transfer from private healthcare companies to the system. 

For instance in year one, the payroll tax might be .05% and then eventually grow to 4 or 5%. As that happens, health insurance incomings would start to tail off as they cover less and less.

The roadmap is to shift the health funding going from employers and private contractors to transfer over to a payroll tax dollar for dollar with the idea that that money can cover the entire population based upon the higher efficiencies of UHC versus the private system. Its true this efficiency would cause job losses in the industry, but at least by spreading them out over a decade, the labor market could adapt.

Edited by Sonea

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Sonea said:

It can't be an overnight transition thats for sure. I think the best approach would be to start a core government system that only applies to something like 5% of a persons healthcare. Over a period of a decade it would grow to 100%. This would allow a slow transfer of employer based funding to transfer from private healthcare companies to the system. 

For instance in year one, the payroll tax might be .05% and then eventually grow to 4 or 5%. As that happens, health insurance incomings would start to tail off as they cover less and less.

The roadmap is to shift the health funding going from employers and private contractors to transfer over to a payroll tax dollar for dollar with the idea that that money can cover the entire population based upon the higher efficiencies of UHC versus the private system. Its true this efficiency would cause job losses in the industry, but at least by spreading them out over a decade, the labor market could adapt.

Wait a minute.  Are you combining efficiency and our government into one concept?  LMAO

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Neonred said:

Wait a minute.  Are you combining efficiency and our government into one concept?  LMAO

Well that is the elephant in the room isn't it. Can the US government (or state government) run things as efficiently as other countries have? That I am not sure. I can say that a country like the UK can provide healthcare for half the cost of the US.

Edited by Sonea

42 minutes ago, Neonred said:

3 words medical tort reform ... malpractice Insurance is killing the cost of insurance

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

One significant challenge to the health care industry refom

in the US, that is not faced by countries like UK, Australia etc, 

is the issue of state versus federal. Australia, for example, is a federation of states, where the individual state rights are less important than the federal. 

While there are some differences between the states, it is a far more cooperative and collaborative arrangement than the Union of States  here ... where any sniff of possibly cutting across state rights will sink  even the best piece of federal legislation.