dwheels76

Immigrants seeking permanent green cards through marriage may have one less hurdle (merged)

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
Just now, Cyberfx1024 said:

I think that's why they rolled this out because they saw that the wait time went up exponentially. 

But wouldn't you think it will increase the wait time even more now when adding all the interview from the AOS-waived? 

1 minute ago, Georgia16 said:

But wouldn't you think it will increase the wait time even more now when adding all the interview from the AOS-waived? 

I mean before it was always hit or miss on wither or not you would get an interview doing ROC anyways. So this doesn't really change that in all honesty. But the wait time will go up and it will lead more to seeking Naturalizations before they get their I-751 adjudicated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I mean before it was always hit or miss on wither or not you would get an interview doing ROC anyways. So this doesn't really change that in all honesty. But the wait time will go up and it will lead more to seeking Naturalizations before they get their I-751 adjudicated.

True! We will see what it will end up with. They are so far behind on ROC already.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hypnos said:

Interesting to note that if a K-1 had their I-485 approved without an interview then this new policy will require them to be interviewed for their I-751, regardless of how strong their case is or the amount of evidence presented. 

Isn't that what they are currently doing thought? Doesn't really sound like a new thing. It sounds like what they are currently doing. 

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 hours ago, Unidentified said:

Isn't that what they are currently doing thought? Doesn't really sound like a new thing. It sounds like what they are currently doing. 

Yes I don't see the shift for k-1.  You are interviewed before coming to the states and then ( potentially ) for your I-751 after two years.

I am not sure what changes except the latitude agents have to avoid more interviews

Edited by refugee

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
9 hours ago, RLA said:

Er, when you've started a process and then the rules of the process are being changed underway and the whole thing is made more drawn out and onerous while you're still in that process, I think then it is legitimate to get a little upset. 

I Understand that you would be upset.

Does this apply to you? If not, nothing changes. If so the chance you have to interview decreases.  All in all it should reduce workloads and improve I 751  processing.

• For Form I-751 cases received on or after December 10, 2018, USCIS has previously interviewed the principal petitioner;
Edited by refugee

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

What's the fuss about? This is a good thing for I-751 petitioners: less administrative complexity, likely shorter processing time. I think they did it out of sheer necessity to be honest (I-751 backlog is through the roof, requiring multiple silly and costly extension letters), but for once,  good news for applicants in the Trump era.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, afrocraft said:

What's the fuss about? This is a good thing for I-751 petitioners: less administrative complexity, likely shorter processing time. I think they did it out of sheer necessity to be honest (I-751 backlog is through the roof, requiring multiple silly and costly extension letters), but for once,  good news for applicants in the Trump era.

I think thats true because if they have to interview then cases will sent to local office like they did with AOS and probably processed within a year. I don't mind interview but just want to get done and over with. and I filled my roc on 10th of dec.. :D its like they want local offices to process I751 too so they can lighten up the load

My Time line is Updated! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
58 minutes ago, refugee said:

Does this apply to you? If not, nothing changes. If so the chance you have to interview decreases.  All in all it should reduce workloads and improve I 751  processing.

From the perspective of a K1 immigrant it does not look like reduced workload and improved processing.  It looks more like limiting the increase of workload caused by requiring every AOS applicant to interview (where it used to be that many cases went through the AOS stage without an interview.)  This latest clarification just makes sure that "easy cases" don't need to interview twice (AOS + ROC).  

They're not making the process better. They had made it worse and are now making it less worse. 

2 hours ago, RLA said:

From the perspective of a K1 immigrant it does not look like reduced workload and improved processing.  It looks more like limiting the increase of workload caused by requiring every AOS applicant to interview (where it used to be that many cases went through the AOS stage without an interview.)  This latest clarification just makes sure that "easy cases" don't need to interview twice (AOS + ROC).  

They're not making the process better. They had made it worse and are now making it less worse. 

I understand your point, but compared to yesterday, the average applicant is better off. Learn to take your wins and go home.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
6 hours ago, afrocraft said:

I understand your point, but compared to yesterday, the average applicant is better off. Learn to take your wins and go home.

"go home"?  How would that look like?

Must have had a change since I came through. I wasn't interviewed at all for either AOS or ROC.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank god our immigration journey just finished. My wife and 2 of her daughters had no AOS or ROC interview. The 2 younger girls had an 8 minute AOS interview and received their green cards exactly 1 week after their interview. Thank god the process is over................. There is a god 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.