Newuser4453454

Refused under 221(g) Administrative Processing

87 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, NearEthereal said:

They didn't say anything relevant. Just "Alright you'll hear back in 7-10 working days Thank you." My fiance actually took three steps, and then it actually sunk in that there was a refusal on the paper. It sucks that I wasn't there (Or maybe it was a good thing) because I'm that annoying person that's immediately "Nu uh" and asking a billion questions.

I checked my status today (and yesterday, a million times) and noticed someone touched the case today, so they're looking at it. At around the 8-9 day mark if we don't hear anything I'll call.

Yeah I'm the same, i did actually ask a bunch of questions despite the fact the officer told me it was due to my medical. I was freaking out immediately at the blue form being given to me.

I also forgot to mention before that my fiance is also an engineer so hopefully it's unlikely they're doing further checks due to your fiances line of work. Well, it's good they touched the case today, fingers crossed it switches to issued in the next few days!

NOA1: February 13th

NOA2: September 4th

NVC case # assigned: September 21st 

Medical @ Knightsbridge: December 5th

Interview: December 17th

event.png

. . .Huh..

my case just flopped back to this:

U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

Ready

Immigrant Visa Case Number:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Case Created:27-Sep-2018

Case Last Updated:19-Dec-2018

We didn't receive any contact or anyone asking us to go to an interview.  But now we're back at:

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at: http://nvc.state.gov/interview

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

Edited by NearEthereal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~hijacked post removed~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 12/20/2018 at 9:42 AM, NearEthereal said:

Just checked again and it's rolled over to this. Are we going backwards?

REceived.png

Did you hear anything from them again? Or did your status changed? In my country you must schedule a 2nd interview by yourself if your case went to AP or if you're very lucky they'll send you an email with an available slot. But it's usually the first. 

Oh sorry, I updated the master thread and not this one. As of Friday afternoon it switched to Administrative Processing again, but this time in the Non immigrant category. I'm not sure what effect the government shut down will have on this, but I know it will be this way at least until Thursday when the embassy reopens.

Edited by NearEthereal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
57 minutes ago, NearEthereal said:

Oh sorry, I updated the master thread and not this one. As of Friday afternoon it switched to Administrative Processing again, but this time in the Non immigrant category. I'm not sure what effect the government shut down will have on this, but I know it will be this way at least until Thursday when the embassy reopens.

K1 visas are not affected by the government shutdown,since they're fund with our fees. I'm the beneficiary and was worried about that, but it won't affect any of us. 

I was checking your thread because I work for a Puerto Rican company and was worried that it could affect my application. An experienced user just told me that  work shouldn't raise any red flag and that I should just provide concise information,too much info could lead to AP.

I'm pretty sure these days would pile but it'll be done asap. Don't you worry things will work great for you 🤞🤞🤞❤️

• 2 weeks later...

Still in Non Immigrant Administrative Processing. I sent a letter after hours yesterday, but only received a generic response:

[NAME]'s application is being processed. The average timeframe for an immigrant visa application is 7-10 working days plus a further 1- 2 days for delivery. However, as processing varies in every case, timescales are given for guidance only.

I'm still trying to figure out in my head what could possibly be holding it back, as I've been digging through these forums and have seen what I perceive to be larger red flags get a pass through the same embassy. (Not to say that they should not have been Issued! I think everyone deserves to be with the person they love) so I'm just wondering what could be so outstanding on a case I thought looked relatively unremarkable.

Also, can I get this moved to the United Kingdom forum?

~ Moved to UK forum per OP’s request. ~

You’re still within the 10 work days time limit - they probably wouldn’t have started on anything until Monday following his interview and then there was Christmas break (24 and 25) and New Years. Probably will have all sorted out by next week. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

On 12/14/2018 at 2:15 PM, NearEthereal said:

The first interviewer did ask about his employment history. He is an aircraft technician currently working a contract job, but did have prior work with the Department of Defense.

I'm only posting this to avoid an inevitable freak out. I feel so powerless right now....

This is quite interesting to see as there's a few people who seem to have additional questions/checks when they mention defense/biological work and so forth.  

100% speculation and 99% likelihood that I'm completely wrong, I wonder if it's additional checks due to his aeronautical engineering jobs, I also work in aviation so I'm expecting some questions to maybe pop up during the interview. 

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, LukeU said:

This is quite interesting to see as there's a few people who seem to have additional questions/checks when they mention defense/biological work and so forth.  

100% speculation and 99% likelihood that I'm completely wrong, I wonder if it's additional checks due to his aeronautical engineering jobs, I also work in aviation so I'm expecting some questions to maybe pop up during the interview. 

Technology Alert List - Critical Fields and Technologies

http://www.pengweber.com/answers_for/VisaProcessing/TALFieldsList.html

7 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Technology Alert List - Critical Fields and Technologies

http://www.pengweber.com/answers_for/VisaProcessing/TALFieldsList.html

You sir, are amazing. As I fall into a number of those categories 

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

Thanks, it may be something like that. I'm feeling kind of hopeful based on the letter that I received. It didn't mention anything about additional processing and ended with this. Am I looking too far into things or does this sound positive to you?

As soon as visa processing is complete and delivery arrangements have been made, Mr. [NAME] can expect the courier service to email him with information about how to track the delivery of his passport. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.