payxibka

Interview availability

123 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/7/2019 at 9:28 AM, EliAnon said:

sweet thanks for this lol. I'm calling the NVC today to probably and hopefully get my case number. Once I get that MNL# we can schedule an interview after we pay our visa fee correct

You should wait to schedule your interview until CEAC status shows READY.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are trying to schedule an interview but are waiting for user registration. When registering it asked to upload the applicant's passport, she did and it said she would get an email after confirmation. How long does this usually take? She uploaded it 2 days ago. We really want to schedule an interview as soon as possible 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, KnJ24 said:

We are trying to schedule an interview but are waiting for user registration. When registering it asked to upload the applicant's passport, she did and it said she would get an email after confirmation. How long does this usually take? She uploaded it 2 days ago. We really want to schedule an interview as soon as possible 

Check your spam folder?

If you have paid the fee and it is linked to your user profile,  see if it will schedule 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
4 hours ago, payxibka said:

Check your spam folder?

If you have paid the fee and it is linked to your user profile,  see if it will schedule 

It wont let us complete the registration. She uploaded the passport photo and it won't let her do anything else. Still no email, she checked her spam folder too.

Is this normal for registration?

345676.jpg

Timeline

Is it okay to go ahead and schedule an interview on the first week of February already? I'm afraid if I wait any longer there won't be any available slots left. Our case is with NVC already and it will be 2 weeks on Monday? That's the time we can only start calling right for a case number. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, KnJ24 said:

It wont let us complete the registration. She uploaded the passport photo and it won't let her do anything else. Still no email, she checked her spam folder too.

Is this normal for registration?

345676.jpg

Has she completed the DS160?  Printed the confirmation page with barcode?

• The DS-160 "times out" after 20 minutes without user activity, and your data will be lost. To safeguard against data loss, click the "Save" button frequently and download the file to your local computer. Select a place on your computer to save the DS-160 file, browse to that location, and click the "Save" button in the "Save As" window.
  • You are required to upload a photograph as a part of the DS-160 process. Detailed guidelines for taking and submitting a quality photograph are on the U.S. Department of State website here.
  • The completed DS-160 application form will generate an alpha-numeric barcode confirmation page. The printed confirmation page is required for the interview at the Embassy/Consulate.

YMMV

Timeline
5 hours ago, Cindy and Jean said:

Is it okay to go ahead and schedule an interview on the first week of February already? I'm afraid if I wait any longer there won't be any available slots left. Our case is with NVC already and it will be 2 weeks on Monday? That's the time we can only start calling right for a case number. 

Send an inquiry to NVC

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

In the quetion box, ask if you r case number as been assigned and confirm email addresses for both the petitioner and the beneficiary.  It will take 5 or 6 days for NVC to respond

YMMV

Timeline

Interview Availability as of 1/11/19 (37 bookings in the last 24 hours)

January     No appointments available

02.07.19 - 77  (6:40, 7:10, 7:40, 8:10, 8:40 & 9:10)

02.14.19 - 56    (6:40, 7:10)

02.21.19 - 18   (6:40) (They have opened only 50 for this day so far.  I expect more to be opened at some point)

YMMV

Timeline

What has been the trend for having interviews the last Thursday of each month. I know they did not have in January. Did they have in December or November?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

What has been the trend for having interviews the last Thursday of each month. I know they did not have in January. Did they have in December or November?

December had interviews on 12.27 so no trend.  They typically open 100 or so each week but they opened more than 200 on 1.17 and 300 on 1.24 and 200 on 2.7 so they made quite a few appointments available despite not interviewing on 1.31

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
3 hours ago, payxibka said:

Has she completed the DS160?  Printed the confirmation page with barcode?

• The DS-160 "times out" after 20 minutes without user activity, and your data will be lost. To safeguard against data loss, click the "Save" button frequently and download the file to your local computer. Select a place on your computer to save the DS-160 file, browse to that location, and click the "Save" button in the "Save As" window.
  • You are required to upload a photograph as a part of the DS-160 process. Detailed guidelines for taking and submitting a quality photograph are on the U.S. Department of State website here.
  • The completed DS-160 application form will generate an alpha-numeric barcode confirmation page. The printed confirmation page is required for the interview at the Embassy/Consulate.

Yes she completed that. This is the registration on the embassy page where it asks to submit passport. At the bottom of the screenshot it says upload successful, you will be contacted by email when your request is approved and account changed. I think the part above about the DS160 is just a reminder. She is still waiting or an email so she can proceed

Timeline
13 minutes ago, KnJ24 said:

Yes she completed that. This is the registration on the embassy page where it asks to submit passport. At the bottom of the screenshot it says upload successful, you will be contacted by email when your request is approved and account changed. I think the part above about the DS160 is just a reminder. She is still waiting or an email so she can proceed

I just looked through our email traffic with the Embassy when scheduling the interview.  The ONLY email we received was the confirmation of the appointment.

Are you scheduling with the Non immigrant unit or the immigrant unit?

What does her dashboard say?  

Is this the website she is on?  https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/applicanthome

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
1 hour ago, payxibka said:

I just looked through our email traffic with the Embassy when scheduling the interview.  The ONLY email we received was the confirmation of the appointment.

Are you scheduling with the Non immigrant unit or the immigrant unit?

What does her dashboard say?  

Is this the website she is on?  https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/applicanthome

I believe she initially tried to register for nonimmigrant but there was a popup that said k1 applicants should apply as immigrant visa so she did that. I think that is the website she used but I will check with her when she wakes up. The only option it shows for her is upload passport or logout. 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, KnJ24 said:

I believe she initially tried to register for nonimmigrant but there was a popup that said k1 applicants should apply as immigrant visa so she did that. I think that is the website she used but I will check with her when she wakes up. The only option it shows for her is upload passport or logout. 

I'd be tempted to just ditch the whole thing and use a different email address and set up a new account and start over clean (assuming you never linked your payment to the profile)

YMMV

Timeline
26 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I'd be tempted to just ditch the whole thing and use a different email address and set up a new account and start over clean (assuming you never linked your payment to the profile)

I'm starting to think the same thing. Thanks for your help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.