Elena1989

K2 visa

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Elena1989 said:

Hello, I would like to know some more information about K2 visa. 

When the I 129f petition being send, should there be some additional documentation for the child?

I would like some answers from people who tried to bring fiance and her child via K1 visa. Thank you

No additional documents for K2s required with original 129f petition. However, US petitioner must mention all K2s in the 129f form.

K2's documents (birth certificate, national passport, medical examination, etc) are to be provided on the Consular interview stage. 

20 minutes ago, JSWH said:

No additional documents for K2s required with original 129f petition. However, US petitioner must mention all K2s in the 129f form.

K2's documents (birth certificate, national passport, medical examination, etc) are to be provided on the Consular interview stage. 

Actually, even minor children who will not be brought over as K-2s must be documented.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

Actually, even minor children who will not be brought over as K-2s must be documented.

You are absolutely right. OP specifically asked about children who would be derivative beneficiaries of 129f, that's why I only mentioned K2 applicants. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We did file all documents for the children right with the petition, one child is mentioned in the text and another one on added page. It is not unheard of that USCIS misplaced/lost/forgot to look at extra pages. So just in case 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, Elena1989 said:

Hello, I would like to know some more information about K2 visa. 

When the I 129f petition being send, should there be some additional documentation for the child?

I would like some answers from people who tried to bring fiance and her child via K1 visa. Thank you

I not only tried but I did bring a k2

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

I not only tried but I did bring a 

As I understand with the petition there is no need for more documents, not even passport picture of the child? Then after petition is approved, would you tell me how does consulate know that there would be a k2 visa along with k1 visa, should we let them know so they can give us a list of documents we should provide? Thank you 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Elena1989 said:

As I understand with the petition there is no need for more documents, not even passport picture of the child? Then after petition is approved, would you tell me how does consulate know that there would be a k2 visa along with k1 visa, should we let them know so they can give us a list of documents we should provide? Thank you 

You may not file anything, just be sure to provide all necessary information correctly. The USCIS/DOS/ whoever else looks at your file anticipates that all eligible children will be K2s. You may look for the list of documents even before filing just at your embassy website

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Elena1989 said:

No added information other than being named.   A separate visa application is submitted at the proper time along with the beneficiary's application.   The documents to provide at the time of interview are for the most part the same except evidence of bonafide relationship with the petitionner 

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

No added information other than being named.   A separate visa application is submitted at the proper time along with the beneficiary's application.   The documents to provide at the time of interview are for the most part the same except evidence of bonafide relationship with the petitionner 

No police clearance before 16. No need to go to interview before 14 in many countries. Father's letter of consent in many countries.

Edited by HP+IC

Timeline
1 minute ago, HP+IC said:

No police clearance before 16

I hate it when a lawyer is correcting me.  :)

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Hi going through k2 right now. You don’t need anything on the application but to write the name and birth date for 129f. That being said we did include a copy of his passport anyway. We are waiting on interview now. You need the info for ds160 and you have to pay visa fee and medical for k2 also but here k2 medical is much less than adult

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.