cjtabuel

As proof of an on going relationship, I have screenshots of facetime calls, exchanged text messages, a few emails, call logs, and a lot of social media posts. Am I required to write anything behind the screenshots?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, cjtabuel said:

As proof of an on going relationship, I have screenshots of facetime calls, exchanged text messages, a few emails, call logs, and a lot of social media posts. Am I required to write anything behind the screenshots?

I do have a huge set of photos of the beneficiary and I together where I wrote our names, location of photo, and date taken but is that a requirement as well when it comes to above mentioned screenshots? 

Are you at the petition stage or interview stage?

YMMV

57 minutes ago, payxibka said:

When will this fallacy stop

Whenever the fallacy of the Invitation letter is ended as well.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Whenever the fallacy of the Invitation letter is ended as well.

"We can not grant you a tourist visa unless you show us you have a good reason to want to stay in the US." -No CO in the history of CO's

2 hours ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

"We can not grant you a tourist visa unless you show us you have a good reason to want to stay in the US." -No CO in the history of CO's

But don't you know you need the interview letter in order to get a tourist visa because of everyone said so..... 

I saw this one time on a Filipino drama show how this guy was interviewing at the US Embassy and they turned him away because he didn't have a invitation letter from his gf. This was all fictional of course but it goes to show you that everyone thinks you need one. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

But don't you know you need the interview letter in order to get a tourist visa because of everyone said so..... 

I saw this one time on a Filipino drama show how this guy was interviewing at the US Embassy and they turned him away because he didn't have a invitation letter from his gf. This was all fictional of course but it goes to show you that everyone thinks you need one. 

It's on YouTube as well,  and we all know that if it is on YouTube it must be gospel 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

It's on YouTube as well,  and we all know that if it is on YouTube it must be gospel 

Are you guys serious? How does everyone not know that the only criteria for getting a tourist visa is convincing the CO that you will only be a tourist and return to your home after the trip. Of course not being a criminal and having some money blah blah blah but still. Why do people thinking proving a connection to the US will benefit them? It is insane.

Timeline
1 minute ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Are you guys serious? How does everyone not know that the only criteria for getting a tourist visa is convincing the CO that you will only be a tourist and return to your home after the trip. Of course not being a criminal and having some money blah blah blah but still. Why do people thinking proving a connection to the US will benefit them? It is insane.

Yep.  My fiance's family was of the opinion all they needed was a invitation letter from me and the USA would magically #### a visa

YMMV

4 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Yes, we are serious. Another misunderstanding is that if you have a large amount of money in the bank then you will automatically be approved for a tourist visa. So some people take a loan from whomever to deposit money into their account to "prove that they have the funds for the trip". 

Edited by Cyberfx1024

17 hours ago, cjtabuel said:

I do have a huge set of photos of the beneficiary and I together where I wrote our names, location of photo, and date taken but is that a requirement as well when it comes to above mentioned screenshots? 

You want to tell a clean and easy to understand story. How you met - proof..... where you met in person.... proof.... but between it all tell the story. I put together a booklet with all the scans and digital photos of the proof. I wrote a clear, simple story between each bit of evidence. When I was done it was easy to go through and see how we got together. Make it simple. Make is so the reviewing officer doesn't have to think.  Visa stamps are better proofs than Facebook pages. Airline tickets are good. Hotel receipts. Photos. all telling the story.

6 minutes ago, JLJoseph said:

You want to tell a clean and easy to understand story. How you met - proof..... where you met in person.... proof.... but between it all tell the story. I put together a booklet with all the scans and digital photos of the proof. I wrote a clear, simple story between each bit of evidence. When I was done it was easy to go through and see how we got together. Make it simple. Make is so the reviewing officer doesn't have to think.  Visa stamps are better proofs than Facebook pages. Airline tickets are good. Hotel receipts. Photos. all telling the story.

+1 on this. You make it dummy proof and easy to read/follow. They need to have QUALITY evidence not QUANTITY. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

+1 on this. You make it dummy proof and easy to read/follow. They need to have QUALITY evidence not QUANTITY. 

Agreed.   I thought about it like a chess game.   Once I had checkmate,  10000 more pieces of ###### evidence wasn't going to change the outcome 

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Agreed.   I thought about it like a chess game.   Once I had checkmate,  10000 more pieces of ###### evidence wasn't going to change the outcome 

Just like how I worked my VA disability claim. You start off with the building blocks and work your way up. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

FORM INSTRUCTIONS

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

"What Evidence Must You Submit?

Evidence for Petitions to Classify a Fiancé(e) as a K-1 Nonimmigrant In addition to the evidence described above, you must submit evidence of:

A. Intention to Marry Within 90 Days of Entry. Submit evidence that you and your fiancé(e) intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e)’s entry as a K-1 nonimmigrant. Evidence of your intention to marry may include statements of intent to marry signed by both you and your fiancé(e) or any other evidence that establishes, by a preponderance of the evidence, your mutual intention; and

B. In-Person Meeting. Submit evidence that you and your fiancé(e) met in person during the 2-year period immediately before you filed this petition. Evidence of this meeting may include, but is not limited to, a written statement from you and/or your fiancé(e) stating the circumstances of your meeting, a copy of airline tickets, passport pages, or other evidence."

Visajourney Advice

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Documentary Proof of Having Met in Person in the Past Two Years and an Ongoing Relationship:

Use as many of these items are possible. There is no minimum, but the more you can provide the less likely you are that you will receive an RFE. Additionally, please note that providing proof of your ongoing and genuine relationship in this package may benefit you by allowing the consulate to have access to this information prior to them formally contacting the non US Citizen fiance. Many high risk consulates approach cases with a skeptical eye and providing this information early on in the original I-129F package will help them in their preliminary review of your case. 

1. Copies of all airline boarding passes, train passes, itineraries, hotel receipts, passport stamps (make sure you can read the dates on the stamps), and other documentary evidence that you have met within the last two years. You may want to highlight or place post-it notes indicating the dates and locations on the copies (to make the adjudication easier) for the person reviewing your file.
2. Color Photo's of you and your fiance together. Make sure you write your names, date, and location on the back of every photo. Provide two to five photo's. If you only have a single copy of the photo, then make a color copy and send that. If it is a digital photo, have it printed at a local photo store such as Walgreens (if at all possible) or if not on a high quality printer. Place photo's in a plastic bag or photo sheet and label the sheet. Note that you may not receive originals of photo's back.
3. The following items will not typically show proof of having met in the last two years however will show proof of an ongoing relationship: Copies of land line and cell phone bills, appropriate letters and emails, stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

What to send to your fiance once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2): 

7. Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, online chat logs (pick several over the prior few months), etc.. from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 until date-now).

Good luck OP 💋

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Organize yoru evidence in chronological order.  I would just stick to relevant photos (were you are together ).  DO include airline boarding passes, tickets, evidence of money exchange if anything.  An index is helpful and a brief description if your activity in the photos as well.

Ohh and remember to have a good letter of intent from your fianceé.  We got a Request for Evidence because of this.

Edited by Lbto&Lbta

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.