Canuck89

Help

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone... I was wondering if someone could point in the right direction.

Just a little background. I'll try and keep this as short as possible.

Back in 2013 I went to the USA on K1 Visa. Obtained my my PR card.  It is now in the process of removing conditions since Aug of 2017.

I've been in a abusive relationship and I finally was able to get free and my only option was to take my son and myself back home, to Canada. 3 hr drive. My soon to be EX husband was incarcerated for assaulting me and, was eventually bailed out a few days.  

Finally moving forward with my life. I have to apply for my son's citizenship here in canada.  Weather we continue to live here for the rest of our lives for a few years, its gotta get done, I just dont know where to begin.

If anyone doesn't mind pointing me in the correct direction? Basically just wondering, what forms I need to file... I already know there will be a fee.. wish there wasn't but, whatever.  

Thank you everyone in advance. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Canuck89 said:

Hi everyone... I was wondering if someone could point in the right direction.

Just a little background. I'll try and keep this as short as possible.

Back in 2013 I went to the USA on K1 Visa. Obtained my my PR card.  It is now in the process of removing conditions since Aug of 2017.

I've been in a abusive relationship and I finally was able to get free and my only option was to take my son and myself back home, to Canada. 3 hr drive. My soon to be EX husband was incarcerated for assaulting me and, was eventually bailed out a few days.  

Finally moving forward with my life. I have to apply for my son's citizenship here in canada.  Weather we continue to live here for the rest of our lives for a few years, its gotta get done, I just dont know where to begin.

If anyone doesn't mind pointing me in the correct direction? Basically just wondering, what forms I need to file... I already know there will be a fee.. wish there wasn't but, whatever.  

Thank you everyone in advance. 

if you are in the process of removing conditions you can continue this with a divorce waiver

file for divorce you are going to need a good lawyer, and to me that is going to be more important than filing papers other than a divorce waiver, if you have friends in the USA you can stay with temp this will be good, I understand you want to get your sons citizenship, and if this child is the product of your marriage, you can't take your child out of the USA without permission of the father, it will look at as kidnapping.

You would always be able to get your sons Canadian citizenship at a later date, if the child is a product of your marriage, and your husband was abusive you can prob maybe maybe not expect retaliation against you for taking his child out of the country.

Edited by Khallaf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There are a lot of issues the OP raise but does not seem to want comments on.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.