Ann donald

My eligibility letter

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I was actually pretty happy with them right up until we were refused.  The fun came when I asked about their money back guarantee...even after I showed they instructed me to not mention the arrest they stayed on the corporate line..."RapidVisa is not responsible for the information in the petition.  It is the petitioner's responsibility to make sure all answers are correct".  So no money back since I technically answered the question incorrectly even with proof that they recommended my answer.  I laugh about it now.

Ever watch the movie Catch 22 .... sounds like RV uses that approach for a refund  ;) 

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

47 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I still blame myself.  I had the court papers and it was a misdemeanor from 30 years ago.  The actual arrest would not impact my petition.  Not disclosing it sure did.  I was questioning their recommendation so I know I was wondering about it.  That is why I asked them.  I knew better and I took the easy way out because they are the "experts".  

I know it sounds weird but that refusal was great for us.  We had a beautiful wedding in Pateros and we were able to share that with Rose's large and loving family.  My family here is very small.  We would have had a courthouse wedding with maybe 6 people there including the 4 of us.  We celebrated with 60 of her family members and it was amazing start to finish.  I'm still worried about the CR-1 but I filed it all on my own. 

At least it worked out in the end for y'all you know.... I mean it made your love and marriage that much sweeter. 

5 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

At least it worked out in the end for y'all you know.... I mean it made your love and marriage that much sweeter. 

It sure did.  We both know that no matter what we will be together.  If the CR-1 gets denied I will retire early and move there.  Whatever happens happens.  Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.  We will be together forever and at 58 I hope that is a long time.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

6 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

It sure did.  We both know that no matter what we will be together.  If the CR-1 gets denied I will retire early and move there.  Whatever happens happens.  Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.  We will be together forever and at 58 I hope that is a long time.

You know 58 is the new 48 if you try to stay somewhat fit. 

8 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

You know 58 is the new 48 if you try to stay somewhat fit. 

Yes.  I feel great and try to take care of myself.  Now I just have to convince my 45 year old Filipina wife that she isn't old!  45 is ancient there.  No work available and a general feeling that they are too old for anything.  I keep telling her that 45 in the Philippines is like 25 to 30 in the states.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
28 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Yes.  I feel great and try to take care of myself.  Now I just have to convince my 45 year old Filipina wife that she isn't old!  45 is ancient there.  No work available and a general feeling that they are too old for anything.  I keep telling her that 45 in the Philippines is like 25 to 30 in the states.

My future cousin in law who is in her early thirties is already thinking no chance for a boyfriend,  job, future.   

YMMV

30 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I know right I feel so bad for people over there in regards to how ageist they are over there. If you are past 30-35 you pretty much can not get a halfway decent job anymore. The only job that my wife could get in the Philippines when she moved back from Qatar was as a waitress making 2-3000php a month full time and I said screw that. She is now getting ready to go back to school as a nurse at 38. 

58 minutes ago, payxibka said:

My future cousin in law who is in her early thirties is already thinking no chance for a boyfriend,  job, future.   

My step daughter is worried about opportunities in the Philippines for her.  She is 15.  It is sad that if she stays she could look forward to very long hours for 300 to 500 pesos a day.  I want to get them to the states ASAP.  It certainly isn't perfect here but it is so much better than there and it does offer more opportunities than they realize.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

My step daughter is worried about opportunities in the Philippines for her.  She is 15.  It is sad that if she stays she could look forward to very long hours for 300 to 500 pesos a day.  I want to get them to the states ASAP.  It certainly isn't perfect here but it is so much better than there and it does offer more opportunities than they realize.

Yes, but in three years she would be a member of the Philippines best export.   I'm sorry,  that was a truly sad statement. 

YMMV

Just now, payxibka said:

Yes, but in three years she would be a member of the Philippines best export.   I'm sorry,  that was a truly sad statement. 

Yeah a OFW..... 

Just now, payxibka said:

She is a great singer and her mother worked for years as an OFW singer in a band in Korea.  I am still hoping to give her a better life than that.  The resilience of the filipino is amazing.  They always smile when us Americans would be thinking of cowering in a corner crying.  I could not be prouder of them.  I love the people and the culture, even the stuff that is so hard for me to understand!  It took a while but I am a filipino now at heart.

IMG_5168.jpeg

4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Rose actually used the ID of another woman who ended up pregnant just before she was supposed to go to Korea.  Rose was 16 and on a fake ID for 6 years singing in Korea.  She has since gone back under her own name and age to sing.  Her sister was a dancer and now lives in Korea with her Korean husband.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Heck I have seen signs at SM where they are hiring and the age restrictions was 28 !!!   Those older need not apply 

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

15 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I know a few people doing quit well in Philippines.  There is a lot of money to be made there.  Have you ever looked into getting her into law school there?

Philippines is very racist when it comes to whom can work there and whom can get licenses in the country.  In the USA any one can set for the Bar exam or set for the NCLEX Exam to become a Registered Nurse, in Philippines only citizens can sit for their exams.  

Get her educated there with a law degree and let her practice there for a few years

15 hours ago, payxibka said:

Yeah, that's what I meant

😈

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.