marriedguy

Got RFE I am worried :(

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
19 minutes ago, implife said:

Hm... Do you let your wife go outside or is she chained to the bed?

Seriously, what were you thinking?

She is outside the country visiting her mom, she travels three times a year :)

Every trip she stays minimum 2 to 3 months.

Edited by marriedguy

6 hours ago, Ksenia_O said:

You posted in Removal of Conditions forum, so I'm assuming you are at I-751 stage, right?...

1. Get Tax Transcripts from IRS , for Tax Years 2015-2016, AND 2017 - USCIS wants to see the most recent Return as well.

2. Evidence of combined financial resources.... - What did you  sent with original I-751 submission?

Having a Joint bank account is really strong evidence during ROC, but since you don't have it...

Insurances  - health, car, life?

Car titles maybe, with both names on it?

If you have a 401 (K) or any  - is she a beneficiary there?

House? - Title. If not, maybe both of your names on House Insurance?

If there is no house, rental agreement, with both names on it??

POA, wills..?

I have car Insurance in both our names.
Life insurance she is beneficiary.
Bought her two homes in her home place.
Gave her power of attorney.
Rental agreement I already sent them.

if you have her as an authorized user on your credit card, you can send a copy of both cards showing both names attached to the same account.  Can she email you things from her current location if you need them?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

5 hours ago, gregcrs2 said:

OP, I can't believe you don't have a joint checking account.  What is your spouse supposed to do financially in the event something happened to you?  

I gave her two credit cards, she is a Authorized user. I was able to get that from the bank.

In the event something happens. She will get money from Life Insurance, and show my death certificate to get money from bank.

I also put a lot of money in her bank account. So that is no problem :)

1 minute ago, NikLR said:

if you have her as an authorized user on your credit card, you can send a copy of both cards showing both names attached to the same account.  Can she email you things from her current location if you need them?

I got print out from the bank, which says she is a authorized user.

2 minutes ago, marriedguy said:

I gave her two credit cards, she is a Authorized user. I was able to get that from the bank.

In the event something happens. She will get money from Life Insurance, and show my death certificate to get money from bank.

I also put a lot of money in her bank account. So that is no problem :)

I got print out from the bank, which says she is a authorized user.

Okay so send that information, along with anything showing she is a beneficiary.  Get a will done, at least on your side so that she's a beneficiary if you die.  anything that shows you live together (mail in both names) cards, etc... even text messages showing mundane things like "hey what's for supper" " I dunno you're cooking!" 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

3 minutes ago, NikLR said:

I am getting affidavit from her friend. I think I have everything so far.

If they need join bank account. I will have to create one after she comes back.

1 minute ago, NikLR said:

Okay so send that information, along with anything showing she is a beneficiary.  Get a will done, at least on your side so that she's a beneficiary if you die.  anything that shows you live together (mail in both names) cards, etc... even text messages showing mundane things like "hey what's for supper" " I dunno you're cooking!" 

Card with credit card number blanked ?

23 hours ago, marriedguy said:

Copies of 2015 and 2016 income tax returns with no evidence of filing with the IRS ?

Evidence you and wife have combined finanical resource.

I gave her a credit card in her name. But no bank account.
Affidavit from third parties who have knowledge of Bonafide of martial relationship. Is this necessary ?

Did you file joint tax return? 

If so, get online transcripts from IRS and your state.

Do you have a joint bank account?

If so, provide copies of statements. If not, add her to you bank account now.

If she's an authorized user on you credit card, get a letter from your bank stating that, and provide copies of credit card statements.

Do you have 2 people who can provide sworn statements they know as a married couple, have them do it.

If you don't have these things, you (your wife) is in trouble.

1 minute ago, implife said:

Did you file joint tax return? 

If so, get online transcripts from IRS and your state.

Do you have a joint bank account?

If so, provide copies of statements. If not, add her to you bank account now.

If she's an authorized user on you credit card, get a letter from your bank stating that, and provide copies of credit card statements.

Do you have 2 people who can provide sworn statements they know as a married couple, have them do it.

If you don't have these things, you (your wife) is in trouble.

All my three years Taxes are joint. I printed out the transcripts.

I cannot add her to bank, because she is out of the country.  It says one of these.

Checking, savings.
Life health insurance.
federal and state tax.

So I have life and transcripts.

Affidavit alreay getting.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.